eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Does not having paypal hurt your sales? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/1874-does-not-having-paypal-hurt-your-sales.html)

wmugrad05 12-10-2007 10:58 PM

Does not having paypal hurt your sales?

Since just about every buyer on ebay is in love with paypal wouldn't your sales get hurt by not offering it? it seems most people who buy on ebay expect you to use paypal. I'm currently using paypal for buyers and so far I haven't had any problems but boy have I heard some horror stories and one thing I'm not liking is the deductions they automatically take out when someone pays you. I dunno merchant accounts just seem like a big ordeal you have to put buyers through I'd like to hear some input from some merchant account experts.

sycore 12-11-2007 10:27 AM

Yes, your sales are definitely hurt by not taking paypal, but I am starting to see more and more email of people asking to send money orders or cashier checks, because of all the paypal horror stories. As for preventing paypal from screwing you over, and trust me someday they will. First get the debit card from paypal to use at the ATM, then cancel the credit card and bank account you used to register. Then empty the account every day.

ivegotinfo 12-11-2007 10:31 AM

the more feedback you have, the less impact it will do.
If you are a powerseller, people will still be inclined to buy even if you dont accept paypal just for the "trust" factor

yesterdaywas 12-11-2007 11:47 AM

Well it seems to me it might depend on what you are selling...

I sell t-shirts and I had opened a ebay account accepting money order or merchant account...Since its a new account I put all my items on auction and it hasn't been bad in people bidding, don't know because its the holidays, but people have bid on them...

I did encounter a few customers that thought I accepted paypal so only like 2 or 3 people decided to send money order...

It might also depend on the feedback and if they see alot they might feel more comfortable....

I had totally forgot I had this ebay account since 2004 and I had like 300 feedback so I recently opened it up accepting thru my merchant account and people have been buying....And all my items are in the ebaystore so i havent put anything on auction and its selling....

Chris Hanson 12-11-2007 12:54 PM

I never had a problem with sales by not accepting paypal. If you have good product it will sale regardless on a o feedback account with no paypal

ebayhateluv 12-11-2007 01:27 PM

hi- .I offer paypal. Then send them link to ccnow merch acct to pay..no probs.

keceli 12-11-2007 05:13 PM

which merchant account is the best? by using ccnow wouldnt you occur more costs? I looked at their website and they seem expensive. $.50 per sale and 5% of the gross sales. thats more than PayPal and on top you have to pay PayPal fees if someone goes through them..it doesnt make sense to me..teh items I USED TO sell cost $18-20.
wht is my alternative to receive payments?

Chris Hanson 12-11-2007 05:50 PM

^^ Those arent really merchant accounts . But for a real merchant account and an alternative i would go with these people since its free to set up and a low fee of $9 bucks a month..

Electronic Transfer, Inc. credit card processing and merchant accounts