eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal closed my account because they say my business model did not match theirs! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/19062-paypal-closed-my-account-because-they-say-my-business-model-did-not-match-theirs.html)

bmwsouthside 05-31-2010 10:50 AM

Paypal closed my account because they say my business model did not match theirs!

I have had this account since 2003! Was buying on it every now and then and started selling on it a month ago. I didnt have any negs from buyers. Paypal shut me down and asked for documents. I provided them! they shut me down! I called they trasnferred me to senior agent who advised me that they shut me down because my business model doesnt go with what paypal is trying to do. I told him he didnt give me a good enough excuse as to why they are closing my account. We talked for almost 45 mins. He then pretended my phone call was not clear and he hung up on me. NOW THIS IS BS and IM PISSED OFF. PAYPAL needs to stop this kind of bs! I now have to use all of my newer accounts to sell.
Im telling you they are coming up with all kinds of bs to close accounts!
what should I do?
I refunded customers all but $300 so that I wouldnt get screwed out of all of my money and my items. Now they are holding $300 for 180 days! im so pissed. paypal is the devil.

cardfelon 05-31-2010 12:19 PM

That does suck but that is just the way Paypal is. There are plenty of other payment providers you can use on Ebay so you won't have to accept Paypal.

incniu 05-31-2010 03:24 PM

Up to now, what is the best paypal alternative?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 141998)
That does suck but that is just the way Paypal is. There are plenty of other payment providers you can use on Ebay so you won't have to accept Paypal.

cardfelon 05-31-2010 05:09 PM

For my business model I prefer Paymate. Yes it does take a week or so to get your money into your bank account but if your not too desperate to get your hands on your cash right this second then your options really open up with Paymate. Quite honestly I really don't think they care what you sell. I have been using them for months with no issues. But if you started having claims filed against you or a bunch of refunds I do don't know how they handle that. So I far I have only had to issue one refund and I sent the person the money through Paypal even though they originally paid me through Paymate.

jamblix 06-01-2010 06:16 PM

Lol Paypal is the devil! Reminds me of Waterboy with Adam Sandler.

"Look who's on TV mama, it's the devil..."

Sorry that happened though, it really sucks. I'm thinking of switching over to Paymate as well. Agree with Cardfelon, the only downside I really noticed is the 5 day wait for you're payment to be released.

killerjoke 06-05-2010 11:35 PM

Can I ask what were you selling?

jbluntz 06-06-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwsouthside (Post 141977)
I have had this account since 2003! Was buying on it every now and then and started selling on it a month ago. I didnt have any negs from buyers. Paypal shut me down and asked for documents. I provided them! they shut me down! I called they trasnferred me to senior agent who advised me that they shut me down because my business model doesnt go with what paypal is trying to do. I told him he didnt give me a good enough excuse as to why they are closing my account. We talked for almost 45 mins. He then pretended my phone call was not clear and he hung up on me. NOW THIS IS BS and IM PISSED OFF. PAYPAL needs to stop this kind of bs! I now have to use all of my newer accounts to sell.
Im telling you they are coming up with all kinds of bs to close accounts!
what should I do?
I refunded customers all but $300 so that I wouldnt get screwed out of all of my money and my items. Now they are holding $300 for 180 days! im so pissed. paypal is the devil.

Paypal's a scam company they want to see some good scam sellers out there, if you don't match that description they'll shut you down.:bounce:

FonkyChicken 06-09-2010 02:30 AM

lol @ Buntz.

I'm selling Dvd's from DHgate and made the mistake of using my seller account to buy stock... They told me I'd have to file suit to find out why my account had been restricted although one guy slipped and said because of transactions to DHGate...
In hindsite I would have been better transferring money to them via Western union.

I told him mate I bought a laptop and a phone from DH and my girlfriend some makeup parties but I DO NOT sell stuff I buy from them.

They also tried the your business model does not suit ours BS don't even bother with the monkeys that answer the phone they are just paid to say 'no sir i'm sorry sir we don't make the decisions sir there's nothing we can do' Ask to speak to a supervisor and you might get somewhere.

Another supervisor advised me that "We can choose who we want to do business with and at the current time we have chosen not to continue doing business with you, It's like if you go into a shop they can decide that they do not want to do business with you"

I replied "Noooo it's like me going into a shop and saying I'd like to buy that please the attendant taking my money and saying GET OUT I do not want to do business with you"

They wanted to keep my money for 180 days but I talked to them explained how this will destroy my business with ebay and being a web designer I also integrate paypal model into my clients sites and find that there actions are truly a threat to my business as well as my clients business and that I am really worried that my web design clients will be put through the same measures that I have been.

I told him I thought the databass system that has been designed to help prevent fraud is flawed because it's flagging seller accounts as a risk purely because there's more money going into the account which wasn't a few weeks ago. I design data-bass systems I know how they work damnit!!!

I said Paypal is like an American Insurance company who have to meet a quota of how many people they have to reject before they will process a claim. He said 'no sir I don't beleive it is flawed'... I nearly fell of my chair laughing and said 'You are paid to say that'.
'No not at all I assure you that this is my own opinion' so I replied 'You can't speak against the company because it would go against their policies and this call is either being monitored by someone else or being recording to train your other phone monkeys'

'He admitted toward the end of the conversation that all calls are recorded for training purposes because he told me he was going to research a phone call a few days earlier when I called up and the guy told me THere's been a mistake your account should not have been limited and I will type all this into the computer and put in a submission for a manual review, although there's no gaurantee that the outcome will be any different.'

There was no record of anything put into the computer and no manual review was done. So the new guy was going to research this conversation. I asked how are you going to do that if you don't have recorded phone records!!. He admitted that this was in fact the case and that in the 4 years he's worked there only 1 account has been restored from a limitation.

I made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which I hear cost paypal money for every complaint they receive. and because I filed the complaint online I have a feeling it was sent through to Paypal automatically because there company name comes up automatically (surprise, Surprise) when you start to type.

Later that day my account was re-instated. Paypal then send there results to ebay, but ebay have sent me a message now that says.....

After a careful review of your account, the documentation provided to us, and the items being sold, it has been decided that your account will remain restricted. We have been unable to verify that some of the items listed on your account are authentic. As you know, counterfeit items are not permitted for sale on eBay.

Any recomendations ???? I've had my account with ebay since 2006 and only two negative feedback complaints about slow postage which was beyond my control.

jbluntz 06-09-2010 03:06 AM

I'd recomend getting the stealth guide if you don't already know how to open a stealth account, open a new ebay/paypal and an additional paypal with different info for your supplier purchases or just use western union. I don't know why they would suspend you for that, ebay knows pretty well that just about every boxset listed right now on ebay is a bootleg, I can take a pretty good guess though. There's 100's of top rated sellers with 1000's of feedback selling this stuff, they want you to fit that description, they don't care if your selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not, they just want to make sure you really know your stuff to keep them from getting in trouble. Not saying you don't know your stuff of coarse, once you learn how to be a professional scam seller ebay/paypal will be by your side every step of the way. Looks like that pretty much covers your options for now, good luck.

HurricaneHuntr 06-09-2010 06:38 AM

Seriously how can you make money from dvds from dhgate? they basically give away dvds on ebay. Seriously... I mean, if i buy at $12 i wanna sell for $50-70 Maybe i'm greedy, but that's where i'm at, i don't sell in volume though. I do have some $10 markup items...Funny thing is my $10 markups never have had vero issues and never 1 "⊗⊗⊗⊗" complaint. THey don't sell fast though, funny enough i oversold and i'm waiting for an ems delivery now ><

FonkyChicken 06-10-2010 12:24 AM

I only sell good qaulity box sets individually packaged per season and make sure they are in hard dual plastic cases not all lumped in one box.

I check them over personally when they I get the first one in to make sure the picture and sound qaulity is good but only on the first version of the item. the rest stay factory sealed. I also check them spelling mistakes or odvious floors. If they don't fit that description I drop them from my inventory. At the end of the day I figure if I wouldn't want to keep this for myself, I won't sell it on either (And I'm a pretty picky ******* :).

I'm not greedy I just make sure I atleast double my money I offer a buy now but sometimes offer auctions starting at the cost that will already cover my bass cost
once people start bidding on the auction the buy now disapears and it can go way over what I initially set as a buy now price.

Some auctions have gone up to triple the money I wanted so I give second change offers to every over the profit threshold and have oversold this way. Then have had to back order some stock.

I'd prefer to have it on me and be able to send as quickly as possible. Back ordering takes time and doesn't always come in the order that you ordered it in which can be frustrating. I've seen the same sets at Sanity Music and Big W (Ozzy Wallmart) for ridiculous prices $250 - $300.

I wouldn't bother if they were single DVD's that would take too much time running back and forth to the post office and handling somtimes ridiculous messages from buyers.

I have Ebay Stealth I just find that some of the references in there are for an American audience even though I managed to translate them for Australia.

I only had a few vero complaints and listings pulled which I didn't bother to put back up.

All of my other listings sold really well until Paypal became suspiscious because there was $7000 in sales over one week. So they limited me Ebay pulled about 20 listings and I started the bs process of being re-instated.

I got my money back from paypal but ebay still have the limitation on my account. That's the next task. It's going to take me too long to get back into the game with a stealth account that's only a few months old and zero feedback... I wouldn't even buy off someone with zero feedback. So I guess until I want to start buying stuff via stealth that account will just sit there.

My official account has been used for years by me as a buyer but because I've only just started selling seriously on there up go the flags.

bmwsouthside 06-10-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 142056)
For my business model I prefer Paymate. Yes it does take a week or so to get your money into your bank account but if your not too desperate to get your hands on your cash right this second then your options really open up with Paymate. Quite honestly I really don't think they care what you sell. I have been using them for months with no issues. But if you started having claims filed against you or a bunch of refunds I do don't know how they handle that. So I far I have only had to issue one refund and I sent the person the money through Paypal even though they originally paid me through Paymate.

I will try paymate. anything to limit the use of raggedy paypal. thanks.

bmwsouthside 06-10-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerjoke (Post 143019)
Can I ask what were you selling?

I mixed it up some but not as much as usual since it was an old account.
was selling everything brand new by the way.
bike parts--never a problem
jeans-middle of the road mall stuff no problem
jeans-vero
little league bats--no problem
high end printers-about $400 no problem
expensive dvd player $500
soccer jerseys-all authentic from store
t-shirts etc
everything authentic and guaranteed no ****!
I had about 9 feedback so maybe I should have started slower from what I know now. I thought I was in the clear since the account was so old but I see they dont care how old the account is. it depends on how long you have been SELLING!

bmwsouthside 06-10-2010 09:17 AM

The supervisor advised that he would take a look at the account after i talked to him for so long which i new was a lie. he then sent an email saying the same thing he already said. we choose to no longer do business with you because you do not match our business model. so when you have them on the phone do not let them off the phone until someone helps you. they will say anything just to get you off the phone with them.

jbluntz 06-10-2010 09:29 AM

It looks like you had way too much stuff up with hardly any feedback, even after I get about 30 feedback from buying I start out selling 1 item per day and work my way up to a few, also you were selling jersey's which are pretty high risk on ebay doesn't matter if they're authentic or not ebay doesn't have authenticity inpectors and you were selling printers and dvd players for around $500 on an account with 9 feedback, I don't even sell that much on an account with 100 feedback, now if I had a few hundred feedback then I might start selling like that.

bmwsouthside 06-10-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 144026)
It looks like you had way too much stuff up with hardly any feedback, even after I get about 30 feedback from buying I start out selling 1 item per day and work my way up to a few, also you were selling jersey's which are pretty high risk on ebay doesn't matter if they're authentic or not ebay doesn't have authenticity inpectors and you were selling printers and dvd players for around $500 on an account with 9 feedback, I don't even sell that much on an account with 100 feedback, now if I had a few hundred feedback then I might start selling like that.

I agree with you there but on the other hand I have other **** accounts with less than 15 feedback selling items for $700 and $900 with no problems and money holds lifted after 14 feedback.

so who would have thought older account with real info would be put through so much scrutiny. Now I know. paypal and ebay are not too bright, well not as bright as I thought they were. They suspend legit accounts and allow *** accounts to sell whatever they want..lol.. its hilarious.