eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How do I add a bank account to my Paypal account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/1985-how-do-i-add-bank-account-my-paypal-account.html)

hollerme 12-25-2007 09:00 AM

How do I add a bank account to my Paypal account?

I just now created a new Paypal account. I've put in my card details (VCC) but obviously I would like to withdraw money after I start selling items. I am assuming that the only way to withdraw the money is to a bank account but when I click on 'add bank account' although I can change the first name the surname cannot be edited.

What can I do now? I really need to sell, not as a luxury, but as a way to survive.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

aspkin 12-25-2007 02:58 PM

Your name really shouldn't matter when it comes to adding your back account. Just enter your correct account number and you should be fine.

hollerme 12-25-2007 05:28 PM

But wouldn't Paypal notice that the name given with the sort code and account number is different to my real name? i.e. right now on Paypal it could say: Henry (although first name can be changed) Hill (surname cannot be edited) but ti asks for my sort code and account number. If I gave the sort code and account number and my real name is John Smith, wouldn't Paypal find out?

hollerme 01-04-2008 03:44 PM

I still haven't been able to get the bank account details put on since the surname cannot be edited. Is there nyway to go around this because I really want to use Paypal!!!!!!!

ebayhateluv 01-04-2008 06:27 PM

HI- maybe were missing something?? In Paypal- when you add the Routing Number and Actual checking or Savings account number-- then the verification is in 2-3 days- 2 small deposits from paypal-like .03 cents and .22 cents..
-- Are you using the Same billing zipcode the acct statements come to?

ivegotinfo 01-05-2008 12:19 PM

hey i have checked, well maybe with canadian accounts they cant check the name, but i have actually created a new bank account under my real name/address etc, and added that account to one of my totally ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities paypal account....and no problems.

hollerme 01-05-2008 12:47 PM

I guess it must be different in the UK then.

Here we have to add a bank account by putting in our first name (which can be edited), our last name (which cannot be changed hence my problem) and all the usual bank details which I obviously would state factually.

If I can change the last name then all my problems are sorted.

who 01-05-2008 02:00 PM

For a paypal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, when do they usually lift the limit on the account? If I have $500 in the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account, should I send it to my old paypal account?

imjustme 01-05-2008 02:11 PM

I think you're fine the first few times sending funds to your old account, but if you do it regularly they will catch on. I use totally different names for PayPal and the withdrawals always work.

who 01-05-2008 03:08 PM

So I can add my bank account # with the real name and address to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account in order to withdraw $. Is that right? I just wanted to make sure. Thx.

thelizardking 01-05-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who (Post 19345)
So I can add my bank account # with the real name and address to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account in order to withdraw $. Is that right? I just wanted to make sure. Thx.

On a US bank account you only have to add the Bank Name, Routing #, and account #...when PP deposits the amounts simply confirm on PP and your all set to withdraw.

stabilo66 01-17-2008 08:51 PM

I am using european bank account, not UK.

Can this "not using the real bank account owner name" will work?

Juicyas 11-10-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 18395)
Your name really shouldn't matter when it comes to adding your back account. Just enter your correct account number and you should be fine.

Hi Aspkin, very please to be able to say hi in this way after reading this site for a day non stop basically.

I'd just like to verify I understand what you're saying here properly..

One starts a paypal account with false info verified by a VCC. As long as the bank account is in the same country, you can add any name/address etc along with the account number you want to withdraw to and the funds should go in with no problem?

As people have said, the surname on the paypal account can not be changed.

Mr James Woods Cali 90210 theoretically can withdraw to Mrs Norah Jones in Texas bank account?

When paypal sends the money, they just use account number and total amount and not the name of the account holder?

Thanks!

Juicyas 11-12-2008 10:50 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^6 Found the answer to this question already.

Answer for anyone else: YES

Cheers :)