Paypal buyer claim - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-30-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Paypal buyer claim

one of my customer return the item, I issue him full refund less the shipping cost, but he claims to paypal that the item is counterfeit and he said he wants refund for the shipping cost to,
I did not mention in my auction that the item is authentic ???
and I mention in my return police, I will give full refund less the shipping cost.

did paypal care about the authenticity?
is it possible to win the claim?

please help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2007

Longevity: 94%

This is a perfect example when buyers harass sellers.
When a buyer says they are holding a bootleg in their hands, (and you are 100% the buyer is full of crap) always tell Paypal the buyer is in possession of the item and the image listed.

"Escalate" the case, and have nothing more to do with the buyer.

If you want to refund the buyer, you explicitly tell Paypal to tell the buyer the buyer pays for return shipping. Make no excuses or exceptions.

Buyers are notoriously shady and greedy with their "claims". Never trust a buyer! eeBay is full of crooked buyers who glorify in making up ⊗⊗⊗⊗ claims.

I developed a profile of buyers on eCrapy.

Most buyers have to then prove to Paypal/eebay their claim by actually sending the item you sold them to a sorting-type center.

Supposedly someone from eebay/paypal looks at the item, makes the determination what it is, then sends, by now, the battered product back to the buyer.

If eeBay rules the item must be returned and refunded, the buyer then must send the item back to you. BUT, it is ALL at the expense of the buyer.

What buyer would go through all that trouble? Not many. Fight 'em back! But at your own risk.

"Buyers" can be competitors working in concert of other ⊗⊗⊗⊗ "buyers" with the intention of "mobbing" sellers off eeBay.

Martha, get the gun. It's another Paypal claim!
Old 12-30-2007

Longevity: 95%

I see sellers put this in their auctions ...

"Not responsible if item doesn't make it once it leaves here"

Yet paypal will make you pay them back if you can't prove by delivery confirmation that it made it to them. This is impossible to do for international shipping and paypal knows this - yet paypal will take the buyers side and make you refund the buyer since you can't prove that it actually shipped and made it to them.

I'm thinking since the above is true -- paypal will make you refund the whole payment - including shipping -- and it won't matter what you said in the auction.

We shipped to a couple of people who didn't change their address in their paypal accounts and the item went to the wrong addy and was returned to us. The buyer complained to paypal and told them they no longer wanted the item they wanted a refund and we had to refund them. Now we're out the price of the item ( it was custom made so we couldn't sell it again ) along with the price of shipping which was $11 overseas .. and there wasn't anything we could do about it.

Paypay needs to do something about the people who have the wrong shipping addy on their accounts but they're in no big hurry to help us sellers.
Old 01-05-2008

Longevity: 97%

What if you agree to a refund and ask the buyer to send the item back & if he hasn't put a tracking number on it you can just tell PayPal the item never arrived and it was the buyers fault for not buying a tracking number. Would this work?