eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal called me, no mesg. accnt still same. is this normal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/21010-paypal-called-me-no-mesg-accnt-still-same-normal.html)

boxcutters 07-27-2010 11:43 AM

Paypal called me, no mesg. accnt still same. is this normal?

This morning I missed a call and noticed it was a 402 area code so I immediately thought paypal/ebay. looked it up and it is paypal. they didnt leave a message and neither my ebay or paypal account seem different. everything looks ok. I did a withdrawl this morning of $155 about half my avail balance and about 1/5 of my pending balance. The phone call came about 30 mins after that - do you think that sparked the call? Should I call them back?

rsot 07-27-2010 12:01 PM

Doubt you should call back - makes you look nervous. You just have to wait and see what happens.

First withdrawal?

boxcutters 07-27-2010 12:07 PM

Nope. Ive done 4 or 5 so far and always for around the same amount. Only thing different is I had a couple more auctions in the last few days then usual. The account has been limited before. Yeah I wont call them back that would look wierd :boink:

rsot 07-27-2010 12:13 PM

Exactly - patience. If it's super important, they will call, e-mail you or <gulp> limit. Hopefully not.

Gamefreak 07-27-2010 12:27 PM

had the same thing happen to me about 3 weeks ago the guy said you have a spike in your sale... Im selling expensive items ( $199- $299 ). He was like as long as you ship all your items asap and provide tracking you might be alright. I cannot guarantee that your account be limited but try your best not to have any complaints.

Was weird not often that paypal calls you for anything... account still safe no problems yet...

Preparing myself though just made a $600 withdrawal today and making another account right now just in case.

boxcutters 07-27-2010 12:48 PM

my items arent expensive as yours under $100 but I had a sales spike too so it must trigger something.

I make sure to ship though next day and use paypal to pay for postage and dont have any disputes or claims etc.

Did you continue to list as usual gamefreak? or did you slow the sales down after you talked to them?

Gamefreak 07-28-2010 12:25 AM

I actually stopped for like a week or so.. I put everything to my merchant and only had smaller payments go through paypal. It was still alot about $400-600 a week.

No issues as of yet but I can feel it coming soon.

NZT 07-28-2010 03:17 AM

I would always try to answer them if they call. The hard thing would be ascertaining which PP account they are calling in relation to.

If they call ASK them where you got the number and what information they have on you so you can be sure.

The last thing you want to do is give details for another PP account by mistake.

Just ask them what info they have. Treat them like a cold caller.

Then relax. There is no way they can catch you out if you have your signup info to hand.

NZT 07-28-2010 09:45 AM

Hey Direct I had an ebay account very very similar to your aspkin name. I think it was direct-2u or something.

lol I hope you dont have similar ebay id!

rsot 07-28-2010 11:44 AM

Ha hope no link for the both of youse.

boxcutters 07-28-2010 12:11 PM

Everything still seems fine and withdrawl I made just before the call is now showing completed.

FYI I have been using the EVOICE for call forwarding and when you answer the call evoice will say "this is a call for blah blah" so I can quickly grab the info :canada: It also has a 6 month free trial

w0144224 07-29-2010 06:34 AM

Same thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcutters (Post 153749)
This morning I missed a call and noticed it was a 402 area code so I immediately thought paypal/ebay. looked it up and it is paypal. they didnt leave a message and neither my ebay or paypal account seem different. everything looks ok. I did a withdrawl this morning of $155 about half my avail balance and about 1/5 of my pending balance. The phone call came about 30 mins after that - do you think that sparked the call? Should I call them back?

I also had a call on my cell from a 402# have not looked it up to see if its paypal, no msg was left either. Everything with my 3 active accounts seem fine and they have not called back. The original call was Tuesday afternoon.:confused:

SaiJin 07-29-2010 08:51 AM

Just ignore them and no need to call them back unless they want you to.
But if they call and you are home, I'd say pick up the phone and have the infos ready.

boxcutters 07-29-2010 10:55 AM

UPDATE:

I got a call again today. at 5AM! Obviously I was sleeping so I saw it when I woke up, no mesg left again. I used to work in a cell centre for a phone company and we used to at least check the timezone we were calling. Not many people are gonna pick up the phone at 5am.

Paypal and ebay are still fine. Account is getting positive feedback and orders are shipped out promptly paying postage with paypal but Ive decided to slow down sales a little bit on this account. I feel that they are maybe monitoring it since my other account is getting the same if not more volume going through it and nothing has happened with it. Both times Ive received a call on this account is when I received two payments for around $100 in the wee hours of the night.

rcdrivertim 07-29-2010 11:27 AM

Good idea on the slow down...They are looking or calling for a reason...Any time you can slow it down the better...Just keep it going well, just like you are...Hopefully you will be ok! :thumb:

aspkin 07-29-2010 02:08 PM

Slow the sales down. Don't give PayPal a reason you limit your account.. you don't want that.

Get used to selling with multiple accounts and you'll be in a better position.

w0144224 07-31-2010 06:54 AM

update on my call

Well Not sure what to make of this email I got from paypal.....

Dear *** **********,

A PayPal representative recently attempted to reach you as a proactive means to verify recent activity on your account. We are very interested in your feedback on this process. Please take a few minutes to answer the following survey.

Echo Survey

To respond to our survey, please click on the web address above. If that does not work, please cut and paste the entire web address into the address field of your browser.

Thank you.

PayPal Customer Support

I hope this does not mean I'm being watched!
Account is fine as of right now.

boxcutters 07-31-2010 03:46 PM

i got the same email. seems pretty standard. I wouldnt worry,

w0144224 07-31-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcutters (Post 154749)
i got the same email. seems pretty standard. I wouldnt worry,

Did you fill out the survey? I did and gave them all top marks, figgured a bit of sucking up would be better than giving them harsh remarks.

SaiJin 07-31-2010 07:08 PM

Everything will be fine, just ignore it. It happens quite a bit.