eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   negative paypal balance (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/21321-negative-paypal-balance.html)

joinhere 08-05-2010 06:56 PM

negative paypal balance

I lost a case on paypal (won at the first time, won on 1st appeal by buyer, lost on 2nd appeal due to a PP representative who asked the buyer to send the item back to me even though he did not send it out 60 days after the claim is filed). I was traveling when paypal sent me tracking number and asked me to pick it up. I did not and before this I unlinked my bank account and credit card. Now my pp account shows negative balance of $2000. my PP account has no real name but real address. I have other ebay account with pp accounts contain real info.
(ebay id#1 with pp acct#1, -not real name but real address
ebay id #2 with pp acct #2,-reall name and real address
ebay id #1 is linked with ebay id #2,
pp acct #1 has negative bal).
What would pp do to have me pay them back? thank you all for the input.

SaiJin 08-05-2010 07:00 PM

They'll grab it from your bank account and CC. Even though they are unlinked, it'll be in their archive forever.

joinhere 08-05-2010 07:12 PM

I have closed the bank account and credit card after I unlinked them. Would that be safe? What else can they do?

SaiJin 08-05-2010 07:15 PM

So where's the returned goods now? Is it returned to the buyer? Or do you have it?
If you have it back, you need to refund the payment to the buyer.

I don't want to sound rough, but we are here to help people who have been done wrong, not to help people cheat. So you need to give us more details. Thanks

joinhere 08-05-2010 07:33 PM

The buyer sent something else back to me not the original item. I tried to appeal but they kept the decision of refunding the buyer... What should I do?

SaiJin 08-05-2010 08:59 PM

OK, so as far as I understood, the goods is $2000 correct? And you have proof of all of these? THe one thing that can make PP budge is a police report.

And if I were you even without PP in the picture, I'd go to your local PD, bring ALL of the docs associated with this transaction, that includes, your eBay sales, PP emails, tracking, receipt of item value, etc etc etc with you.

After this, call up PP ask for the highest rank supervisor that is able to talk to you, explain that you have filed a police report and you would like this taken care of.

I do have another tip I can give you, however, the above is one of the options you can take. Unless you are willing to explain to me the entire situation in complete details including what item it is, what you did, etc, so that I have a bigger picture.

needhelpplease 08-06-2010 07:13 AM

Guys......paypal is no longer aloud to dip into your bank account or charge your credit card period. The only thing they can do is intercept a paypal transfer to your bank IF it hasnt hit your bank yet......did this policy recently change and I dont know about it?.......only thing they can do is send unpaid balance to collections.

SaiJin 08-06-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 156053)
Guys......paypal is no longer aloud to dip into your bank account or charge your credit card period. The only thing they can do is intercept a paypal transfer to your bank IF it hasnt hit your bank yet......did this policy recently change and I dont know about it?.......only thing they can do is send unpaid balance to collections.

Huh? They have always been able to and done it.

rsot 08-06-2010 08:36 AM

joinhere, you need to give a bit more detail if you want help because, yes, your situation sounds a bit sketch. The fact that you got the $2000 to your bank account is "wowzers" to me though without limitation - props to that. As for rest of the info, if the accounts are linked...well PP has in the past taken money from other lniked accounts.

There it is.

joinhere 08-06-2010 01:26 PM

I cannot file police report because the buyer is in Macau. It is a 24"H antique floor vase. and he sent me back a different one. I was able to move the money out to my bank account and closed the bank account and credit card since I won the case first then he appealed. Now part of the information is real of the PP account. Will the collection thing hit my credit? Thanks all

needhelpplease 08-06-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saijin (Post 156065)
Huh? They have always been able to and done it.

About 3-4 years ago Paypal was sued viciously over siding with buyers and going into members bank accounts and cc's to cover the refund.....as we all know paypal has no way of knowing if the buyer actually returned the actual item or an empty box with tracking etc.......if it has tracking and shows delivered paypal is giving them ''their'' money back..now if paypal goes into YOUR bank account or uses YOUR credit card to cover a charge THEY decided on...that was considered illegal....hence the reason the ''prove this is my debt'' letters work for collection agencies who deal with neg paypal/ebay stuff....if I something has changed from then, then I am not sure.....but last I knew that was the deal with this paypal stuff.

needhelpplease 08-06-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joinhere (Post 156161)
I cannot file police report because the buyer is in Macau. It is a 24"H antique floor vase. and he sent me back a different one. I was able to move the money out to my bank account and closed the bank account and credit card since I won the case first then he appealed. Now part of the information is real of the PP account. Will the collection thing hit my credit? Thanks all

If your information is your real stuff, just wait for the collections notice and send them a ''prove this is my debt'' letter certified mail.

needhelpplease 08-06-2010 07:05 PM

Ok...found some stuff out....I have a friend that works at a bank and I asked her about paypal being able to go into your bank etc....so this is what I was told....say as an ebay buyer you purchase from a seller by the name of ABC and another item from another seller named XYZ and pay through paypal with your bank debit/credit card...each one of those sellers has a designated ID type number that is attached to their paypal account that paypal uses to prove that their charge to that card is for an actual item purchased by the cardholder. Paypal can NO LONGER just charge your card or debit your bank account for whatever it is that they like to charge it for....each time paypal attempts to debit your card/bank account this ID type number/name had to be attached to it or it will be denied....she did say she only knows for sure about the bank that she works for. For her bank, when you purchase an item using paypal, on your bank statement it will show Paypal followed by a series of numbers or the name of the business unique to each seller/company. Hope this helps1

topseller 08-09-2010 01:22 PM

Yes, that is why they wait for your balance to cover the refund/chargeback.