eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I call paypal to get my money released without getting in trouble? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/21438-can-i-call-paypal-get-my-money-released-without-getting-trouble.html)

Reyna 08-09-2010 01:17 PM

Can I call paypal to get my money released without getting in trouble?

So got suspended a couple months back, started completely fresh, new name, address, card, bank, etc.

Im back on ebay and have about 40 positive feedback with no negatives or disputes. I've sold stuff on ebay and currently my money is in holding?
I have 40 feedback and been on ebay for over 2 months, and about 2 weeks ago I got this on my paypal,
::Important message about your account. From now on, money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. To learn more, please read our funds availability policy ::

Maybe because I began selling internationally? I don't know, the point is Ive tracked numberous items ive sold and paypal won't release it until they leave feedback of 3* days, which they HAVE NOT released it and it's been a week, and buyers havent left feedback, i really dont want to wait 21 days to get my money, HERES THE KICKER..my brother recently opened an ebay account and paypal, he has 0 feedback on ebay and paypal just limited his account, frozen, he must provide proof of address, social security card and invoices, it hasn't happen to me yet, and hopefully it doesnt, my question is, if i were to call to get my money released could they figure out we live in the same household from our same IP number? we dont share the same computer but , I don't want to take the risk of getting limited too... please help!

rsot 08-09-2010 02:18 PM

You share the same IP? You had better not call Paypal.

You must wait patiently for the hold to be lifted - though I suspected you might get hit with limitation when you try to withdraw.

Patience is needed.

Get the Stealth book and understand that you are probably linked via IP AND address

Reyna 08-09-2010 02:31 PM

I did get the stealth book, but we're 2 different people, different addresses as well on our paypal, different social security number, name, everything. Im up and running and have been for the past few months, how can we go about this? the thing is, he's only 17, so his social might not work, he had sold a designer purse, that's maybe why? ive only been selling low priced items, clothes ive brought from outlets and such, nothing over $30 dollars, should he just never go on his paypal and ebay again and we'll have to make a new user when he does turn 18? please advise!
:(

Reyna 08-09-2010 02:32 PM

and change the IP address?

DogFacedBoy 08-09-2010 04:19 PM

I would suggest from now on one of you access ebay and Paypal through the AOL browser or some other IP at least.

One thing I always wondered about the use of IP addresses to link and therefore shut down accounts. What happens if you live in a high rise that provides free wifi? Has anyone ever heard of someone in that situation getting taken out and as a result everyone else in the building with an account goes down too?

IDK 08-09-2010 05:59 PM

Don't worry about that message. I got the same one, then got a email saying it was lifted after about 10 good transactions. Basically with eBay and Paypal, you are a scam till proven otherwise. And no matter how good your track record. Ebay figures that good sellers are just bad seller that haven't gone bad yet. If you can understand that you can deal with anything EB/PP throws at you.

username 08-09-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK (Post 156957)
Don't worry about that message. I got the same one, then got a email saying it was lifted after about 10 good transactions. Basically with eBay and Paypal, you are a scam till proven otherwise. And no matter how good your track record. Ebay figures that good sellers are just bad seller that haven't gone bad yet. If you can understand that you can deal with anything EB/PP throws at you.

Exactly. This is the perfect attitude to have with pp

Now, I got that BS message too awhile back. It just means that PP had just began to start trusting you, but you did something "risky" and you are now back in the dog house

GreenBean 08-09-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy (Post 156925)
I would suggest from now on one of you access ebay and Paypal through the AOL browser or some other IP at least.

One thing I always wondered about the use of IP addresses to link and therefore shut down accounts. What happens if you live in a high rise that provides free wifi? Has anyone ever heard of someone in that situation getting taken out and as a result everyone else in the building with an account goes down too?

Not that this is the thread to speak about the AOL browser, but stop with advising its usage. Tests were done on the browser in the months you were NOT using the forum. aspkin came to the conclusion it has the potential to link accounts and no longer recommends it. Please keep that in mind for future replies:peace:

MadSam 08-09-2010 07:56 PM

How can it link accounts?

DogFacedBoy 08-09-2010 08:00 PM

Well naturally it is a similar pattern that is established and from my experience they do tend to recycle the same IP addresses often times giving out the same one at the same time 2 or 3 times.

I have been doing this for over 2 years and have had accounts lost (mainly for non-payment, never for being "associated") and I have not lost any of my other accounts for being linked to the newly suspended ones