Paypal ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Paypal ebay account

I have been attempting to figure out what to do about accepting online payments from Paypal.

I have a paypal account that has been in place for 5 years now. It has a rating of over 1000 and have never had a charge back (a few disputes) placed on it. I have now lost 4 eBay accounts. I have figured out how to get an eBay account to stick I think. I am not sure what to do about this paypal thing. I also use the account for an online store I have.

I get conflicting information about Paypal reporting IP's to Ebay. Can I use a second email to receive payments from paypal?

Do merchant accounts hurt online sales?

What Merchant accounts are good...I have a merchant account through Merchant services right now for my store front I think they might be able to accept online payments from my website.

This is horrible I had a 5 year old ebay store, 4 year old website, and had built myself into a brick and mortar storefront. This whole thing is crumbling and eBay really just doesn't care.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- feel bad for you-- Been there done that.. I'm sitting on enough inventory to stock a few stores...
I would:
a.) un link the old eaby and paypal accts immediately-- go in and delete the email addreses under profile in paypal.
b.) if the paypal acct has been verified recently-- (meaning they want supplier info etc faxed in)--then try adding the new email address of one of your new accts and DO NOT direct link it.. (place the address in the pyt field on the listings)--but do not direct link it--also do not choose any options to pay the seller acct from there-- it will create the direct link.
c.) if your main acct was taken down fro a vero violation--just a matter of days- paypal; will send you a nice latter-we'd like to start ending this relationship...etc.
d.) IF you want to lay low with Paypal- theres an online merchant svc called CCNOW- they accept paypal for you + they take the heat from paypal, but you have a 15 day wait for your funds, they pay 2x/month..
BTW- PAYPAL + EBAY DO SHARE ... believe me..
BUT-- I can also tell you from experience-- I had 3 accts taken down- direct linked to paypal. then paypal gone.
Currently- have used this same paypal acct for about 15 ebay accts- everytime 1 gets the ax--i immediately remove that email address + add another..
(im starting to think theres a 1-2 day lag as to ebay reporting to papal system??)
Old 01-10-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
a.) un link the old eaby and paypal accts immediately-- go in and delete the email addreses under profile in paypal.

Currently- have used this same paypal acct for about 15 ebay accts- everytime 1 gets the ax--i immediately remove that email address + add another..
(im starting to think theres a 1-2 day lag as to ebay reporting to papal system??)
So I set up an ebay acct about 3 weeks ago, went into my PP acct deleted all my old email's from PP that were linked to EB. Also checked to see if it was linked to any ebay accounts (cause I couldn't remember) and it said no. I entered the new email and its now the only email addy on there. I was about to list something and I read on this board that it didn't matter I would still be linked. So never proceeded with the listing and the account has just been sitting. Ive moved on and created a few more but...

Your saying this has worked for you? Its been about 2 weeks since I deleted and added the emails. Do you think I could start listing some items and start accepting payments w/o being linked? The name and info doesn't match.
Old 01-10-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's not a good idea to use the same Paypal account for multiple eBay accounts. Its way too easy to become linked. You can setup new Paypal accounts, ask buyers to pay you another way, link Auctivia with a merchant account, etc etc. But it's not a good idea unless you really know what you're doing to use the same Paypal account with multiple eBay accounts.