eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   is this a spoof paypal email ??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/23247-spoof-paypal-email.html)

GTB 09-30-2010 01:09 PM

is this a spoof paypal email ???

Dear .............

The mandate from your bank account, ending in 0000, was returned by your bank on 30 Sep 2010 for the reason below:

The bank is disputing the Direct Debit Instruction (DDI).

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

this is another one that came just after

Dear ................

On , we attempted to transfer from your bank account, ending in . This transfer was returned by your bank on for the reason below:

There was a bank processing error.

As a result, this bank account has been removed from your PayPal account. Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

are these genuine emails from pp or someone spoofing me,either way im pissed because if pp have sent these it means they have tried to take money out of my bank via direct debit without my authorisation,
now i rang paypal and spoke to 3 different ppl,2 said they did not know of any emails,so its either spoof or they are trying to cover up someone trying to steal money from my acct,as we are not in debt to pp and cannot authorise any debits from our acct to pay for anything coz the accts limited it must be foul play from pp or spoof,
would not surprise me if it was some crook at pp im just glad we canceld our card and told our bank that any pp debits should be rejected

needhelpplease 09-30-2010 01:45 PM

Spoof emails generally have a link in there that they WANT you to click on so that they can STEAL some sort of info from you....the fact that this email has the general "don not reply this is not a monitored email address.." shows that it might be legit.....where you expecting deposits that you didnt get? If you were and they havent gone through then you might want to concentrate on that. Good Luck!

GTB 09-30-2010 02:31 PM

no,wasnt expecting any money transactions what so ever,i think someone at pp tried to take money out of my acct,its just a good job we reported card lost/stolen the day before,haha:)
im not in the red with pp so its not trying to recoup any money,im £100 plus in credit
ive heard so many stories about pp so it does not surprise me,anyway id of got the money back via the direct debit indemnity

First Edition 09-30-2010 02:58 PM

I doubt it's a spoof... but at least you know they're trying to take money!

GTB 09-30-2010 03:15 PM

im sure its breaking uk law to take money from my account without authorisation,pp really do think they can do what they want
im probably wrong about the law thing.:(
can anyone verify if it is breaking the law,just out of pure interest

First Edition 09-30-2010 03:46 PM

I'm sure you agreed to it at some point with them... you're not the first person this has happened to.

GTB 10-01-2010 05:00 AM

tbh first edition,,i authorised a refund of £750,but this payment was in dispute and was not availible to me,so i clicked full refund and the dispute was closed,but then i get these emails??????????

GreenBean 10-01-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR GTB (Post 170438)
im sure its breaking uk law to take money from my account without authorisation,pp really do think they can do what they want
im probably wrong about the law thing.:(
can anyone verify if it is breaking the law,just out of pure interest

paypal and UK law can never meet.

Now before you get upset, briefly, when you signed up to use paypal you (inadvertingly) accepted THEIR conditions. that they may not apply such conditions is another story.

I'm not convinced it's a spoof. It appears your name was there on the email?
Is this a newish account even though you had a dispute> Quite a few factors to check

GTB 10-01-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 170580)
paypal and UK law can never meet.

Now before you get upset, briefly, when you signed up to use paypal you (inadvertingly) accepted THEIR conditions. that they may not apply such conditions is another story.

I'm not convinced it's a spoof. It appears your name was there on the email?
Is this a newish account even though you had a dispute> Quite a few factors to check

yeah it was bout 4 mths old,a short fiery relationship twas too,my bank said they are not aloud to do this,it is probably in the terms etc but still they are very cheeky as i do not owe anything,they owe me,i have no disputes going on,so why would they do this???

GreenBean 10-01-2010 09:04 AM

bah! Uk banks often say that when paypal realistically should not have done what they did. If the DD mandate was not stopped by you, then paypal will fiddle....you've seen the result. Banks often say that to cover themselves. :ranger:

Often it's one part of paypal not knowing what the other part is doing. That's common too :pop2:

GTB 10-01-2010 09:41 AM

yeah it seems like a poorly ran org...customer service is disastorous...ther poicys are criminal...they pass you from one call center to another...the list goes on,just glad i canceld the card so ther little scam didnt work with me(message)

GreenBean 10-01-2010 09:43 AM

:thumb: Always keep on top of them. Never trust them and try to never be fooled by them.
Known to tell whoppers :boink:

imprezawrx 10-01-2010 09:47 AM

i had the same 2 emails on a long standing account. i've been withdrawing from paypal to same bank account ever since, not a problem.

GTB 10-01-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 170605)
:thumb: Always keep on top of them. Never trust them and try to never be fooled by them.
Known to tell whoppers :boink:

yeah gb i will try,,,ya know its a shame your a liverpool fan;)
never mind,you could of been a man.utd fan,ahhh well lol