eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Charging different postage for different countries (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/23430-charging-different-postage-different-countries.html)

Aaron2010 10-06-2010 01:29 AM

Charging different postage for different countries

Surely it is possible to charge different amounts to send parcels, based upon the weight of parcel and the country to which it is going? I have a premier account with google. Under "Profile> postage calculations", they only let me charge a flat rate postage depending upon the total amount of the purchase (so for one book I sell its £2.50, for two it's £4.50 etc.) or as a percentage based upon the total amount of the purchase. Therefore if someone in England buys one book they pay £2.50, but also, so does a person living anywhere else in the world. But it costs me £12.37 to send one book outside of Europe. I contacted paypal about this problem and they said that it is not an option for UK customers to set different postage amounts for different countries!! How can this be so!!! Surely any business would object!! Am I missing something and is there a way around this problem? At the moment I have tried to get around the problem by going to "Profile> "value added Tax", and setting different VAT values for different countries, but this is not ideal since if the customer buys a lot then the postage rockets through the roof and is vastly more than they need to pay. Also (this is NOT funny) I also sell an online marking service (to mark pupils work), which does NOT require any postage whatsoever, and I had a suprised customer in Newzealand get in touch saying they were a little taken back to be charged 100% VAT upon the price I had quoted for them. This was despite the fact I had pressed the "override" option for that buynow button, so theoretically it shouldn't have charged anything. This is really affecting sales. PLEASE can someone help!! Am I missing something obvious and is paypal misunderstanding/mistaken in their reply.

Many thanks,
Aaron