eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Should I upgrade? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/23655-should-i-upgrade.html)

Girl84 10-12-2010 04:58 AM

Should I upgrade?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I hope you can help me out with my questions.

I'm not an ebay seller but I will be accepting payments for online services that I provide.
I'm currently using a personal account, is that ok or should I uppgrade to a business account?

Second, the card I used to verify my account with is a card from the country I used to live in. I recently moved. I will be getting a new card from the country I'm currently living in.
When I link my new card will I be able to remove my old card from paypal and do you think this will cause any problems for me?

rsot 10-12-2010 11:39 AM

Welcome Girl84 =)

If you are not doing eBay, I would HEAVILY suggest finding a merchant processor that accepts Paypal. When you don't need paypal, don't use it =) less hassles.

Now if you have paypal already and it's working fine, you can use your new card but I always say to use new with NEW ...meaning new paypal =) if needed.

It's ok to upgrade to business account - all depends on what type of services....digital stuff is always risky for Paypal.

All the best.

FandangoKango 10-12-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl84 (Post 173447)
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I hope you can help me out with my questions.

I'm not an ebay seller but I will be accepting payments for online services that I provide.
I'm currently using a personal account, is that ok or should I uppgrade to a business account?

Second, the card I used to verify my account with is a card from the country I used to live in. I recently moved. I will be getting a new card from the country I'm currently living in.
When I link my new card will I be able to remove my old card from paypal and do you think this will cause any problems for me?

yes, you should upgrade to a premier account not a business account unless your willing to prove your registered business and tons of docs of business once they limit you someday. a premier account is for you, but just making some more money. yes you can remove your old card on file and put a new one in. just don't withdraw or do any funny movement that same day you make changes to your paypal. paypal is known for all kind of limiting practices for the tiniest reasons.

Girl84 10-14-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 173483)
Welcome Girl84 =)

If you are not doing eBay, I would HEAVILY suggest finding a merchant processor that accepts Paypal. When you don't need paypal, don't use it =) less hassles.

Now if you have paypal already and it's working fine, you can use your new card but I always say to use new with NEW ...meaning new paypal =) if needed.

It's ok to upgrade to business account - all depends on what type of services....digital stuff is always risky for Paypal.

All the best.

Hey,

Can you suggest any merchant processors?

I tried signing up with Moneybookers, but it was too complicated for me.

rsot 10-14-2010 10:24 AM

I would suggest CCNow - I use it but be aware that it's a 5% cut instead of 2.9% Paypal. I think authorize.net is another one but I don't use that. I like ccNow - accepts paypal AND credit cards.

FandangoKango 10-15-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl84 (Post 173974)
Hey,

Can you suggest any merchant processors?

I tried signing up with Moneybookers, but it was too complicated for me.

try auctiva. when you sign up for a merchant account make sure you find out they will accept visa, mastercard, and what other types of cards... like american express. i signed up for first data merchant services and they would only let me accept visa, mastercard, and discover card sales. american express i had to call amex and send them a whole bunch of paper work including some proof of business license just to accept them and i found out some people use amex girls which made some of my sales not go through since i coudn't accept amex. it's good to be able to accept alot of card types for people around the world.

luna 10-15-2010 05:44 PM

right CC now

rsot is right CCnow is very good (for us CAN the only choice by the way) and you need time to get your money they are not the fastest, but then: who is these days????:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 174023)
I would suggest CCNow - I use it but be aware that it's a 5% cut instead of 2.9% Paypal. I think authorize.net is another one but I don't use that. I like ccNow - accepts paypal AND credit cards.