eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   withdrawing with a open dispute (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/24306-withdrawing-open-dispute.html)

original 10-29-2010 10:28 AM

withdrawing with a open dispute

So I usually never get disputes, a few days ago some idiot (2 feedback) buyer opened a dispute that he hasn't got the item two days after he paid.

Obviously shipping takes 5-7 days. I have close to $500 that I would like to withdraw from that account. Is this safe to do with an open dispute? It hasn't been escalated to a claim. I just told the buyer to be more patient with the shipping time, and I think he understood.

Withdraw or not?
I could use the cash...

rsot 10-29-2010 11:05 AM

No withdrawal with open dispute - you are asking to be limited.

pod 10-29-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original (Post 177982)

two days after he paid.

That blows. I cant stand buyers that think delivery is almost overnight [How anyone with even a small IQ could think that is beyond me]

But rsot is right. Its asking for trouble. Will look like a dine and dash to PP. TRY real hard to work with buyer VERY politely. Explain shipping times and also try and explain how hard it is on your account and see if he will remove it. Sometimes they just need their hand held a little. Sometimes

No tracking? That would help if he sees its on the way

original 10-29-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 178010)
That blows. I cant stand buyers that think delivery is almost overnight [How anyone with even a small IQ could think that is beyond me]

But rsot is right. Its asking for trouble. Will look like a dine and dash to PP. TRY real hard to work with buyer VERY politely. Explain shipping times and also try and explain how hard it is on your account and see if he will remove it. Sometimes they just need their hand held a little. Sometimes

No tracking? That would help if he sees its on the way

I had shipping times and methods clearly displayed on my listing description. Why people don't read anything is beyond me. When I buy crap off eBay I read the description like 3x over to make sure of everything.

I did explain it to him that it would take 5-10 days and asked him to be a little more patient. He seems to understand now. None the less, he said he'd keep the dispute open until he got the item.

Unfortunately there is no tracking. I use stamps for all my items because we have no good rates on tracked letters from Canada Post.
The only thing I could think of is Canada Post Registered Mail, witch is like $8 to Canada and a whoppin $12 to the US.

Plus when I use stamps, I avoid custom inspection and delays. So shipping time to the US is 5-8 days. 95% of my customers are from America. =}-

pod 10-29-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original (Post 178067)

I read the description like 3x over to make sure of everything.

So do I. Even if its a $10 item. I swear some people must just look at the pictures or something.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by original (Post 178067)

None the less, he said he'd keep the dispute open until he got the item.

Prick. Now you wont be able to withdraw until next week and get cash week after. If a limit doesn't kill you, and you think you could get out of it, you could roll the dice and try. But its a risk for sure

rsot 10-29-2010 04:19 PM

Don't roll the dice if you want to preserve the account. Problem is that without tracking, hopefully he isn't a douche and claims not received. Work with him through it - keep an open communication and hope for the best.

original 10-29-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 178075)
Don't roll the dice if you want to preserve the account. Problem is that without tracking, hopefully he isn't a douche and claims not received. Work with him through it - keep an open communication and hope for the best.

Yeah, I don't really care anymore actually. I just withdrew cash from one of my other accounts to cover my expenses that I needed money for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 178069)
Prick. Now you wont be able to withdraw until next week and get cash week after. If a limit doesn't kill you, and you think you could get out of it, you could roll the dice and try. But its a risk for sure

Yeah, I'm just not gonna withdraw it. I rather wait for the cash a little more rather than get limited right now.

SaiJin 10-29-2010 04:57 PM

Why on earth would you not have tracking? To save a couple of $?

Did you know that for items $250 + you don't just need tracking but also a SIGNATURE confirmation?

zmajns 10-29-2010 05:34 PM

Eh, $8 is 2 much :)... try the prices here. Austria to Germany 12 euros with tracking for a simple dvd

SaiJin 10-29-2010 05:44 PM

If you know the risks you are taking and you decide to do whatever it is you are doing,
don't complain if a buyer scam you.

If you don't want to take big risks, then stop doing what you do and THINK.

original 10-30-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 178084)
Why on earth would you not have tracking? To save a couple of $?

Did you know that for items $250 + you don't just need tracking but also a SIGNATURE confirmation?

My items are only worth $25-40.
I NEVER use tracking. I've had maybe 3 out of.... 800 transactions refunded cause the buyer lied and filed non-received item disputes on PP.

$0.56 vs $7.99 to Canada
$1.05 vs $12.99 to US

That's a big difference. Plus, like I said above... using stamps gets past customs really well. So paying $1.05 is actually faster than $12.99.