eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   a love letter i got from paypal... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/24421-love-letter-i-got-paypal.html)

jerseykat1 11-01-2010 09:42 PM

a love letter i got from paypal...

Recieved the following letter from gaypay a few hours ago. They now want to put 21 day holds on everything that goes into my account eBay or not.

"An explanation of payment holds and how they apply to you

Your business is important to us. That's why we're committed to providing a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive. We're also committed to clearly communicating changes to our policies and procedures. So, we're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

From now on, payments you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. This pending balance helps make sure that you'll have enough money in your account to cover any buyer claims.

Payments will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. After 21 days, the money will be available for withdrawal.
The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that you haven't done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

Payment holds are often applied to new sellers who don't have a lot of transaction history, sellers in traditionally high risk industries (for example, travel or tickets), or sellers who've had a high number of claims filed against them.

If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance while your money is held.

To learn more about this policy change, please read our latest funds availability policy

We appreciate your business and look forward to a continued partnership. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Thanks,

PayPal"

These guys are freaking scum suckers.

jeffweico 11-01-2010 09:52 PM

This is normal.

MadSam 11-02-2010 12:52 AM

My love letters are usually a little more risque. But, each to their own.

gordonfreeman 11-02-2010 02:03 AM

Got this too on my oldest account (with 3 completed transactions with no problems). Nothing on my latest account, and I'm hoping it remains that way as I've got some more stuff ending in a few days.