eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   I'm scared... withdraw question for expeirenced sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/24430-im-scared-withdraw-question-expeirenced-sellers.html)

stereoflight14 11-02-2010 02:50 AM

I'm scared... withdraw question for expeirenced sellers

Hey guys. I have been having good success on ebay but I dont want to ruin it with a paypal limit.. it could be devastating at this point. I kno I should have made more accounts but I got a spike in sales on one account and now have a little over $1000 in my pending paypal balance.

Heres the deal... a few days a go I sold a $200 item. Today, I sold 3 of thos at once making over $600 in sales. My paypal now has a little over $1000 in the pending balance, and I'm planning to ship these items with tracking info tomorrow.

So i only have a few feedbacks on this account, and I have succesfully sold and withdrew funds from 5 other auctions. I guess what I'm asking is.. what is the safest way to get all this money to my bank account? Once its released from my pending ballance should I make a few separate withdrawals or what? Would one $800 withdraw cause a limit? I guess theres no all-tell way, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help!

needhelpplease 11-02-2010 07:41 AM

Did you lift your $500 limit per month yet???? Via adding a CC or completing 2 of the 3 options? If so, then you should be fine.....how old is the account? Why are the amounts pending and not available?

HowYaLivin 11-02-2010 07:49 AM

Yea, why are they pending? You can't withdraw a pending balance. If I were you I would NOT withdraw more than $499 at a time, from that account. Always leave money in your Paypal. When the withdraw clears wait a few days and withdraw again.

stereoflight14 11-02-2010 11:36 AM

yes limits are lifted.. confirmed with bank account and debit card. The money is pending on the 21 day hold, but im shipping the items tomorrow and adding tracking info. once they get delivered the hold comes off early. I am a new seller that is why i get the holds on everything.. :(

ebayerOG 11-02-2010 11:41 AM

they are doing that 21 day hold on ALOT of accounts now days to cover there own backs i reckon

jerseykat1 11-02-2010 10:49 PM

the key is to remain not be erratic with your withdrawls. chances are it wont all come free in one day. what i do every day is withdraw ounce a day at night. like a business does closing the register. cha ching.. however you start withdrawing continue to do so in the same manner, through out the life of the account.

upsidedown 11-03-2010 06:10 AM

to be honest, you need to remove the limits on that account if you plan on pushing any substantial amount through that account. second, if you don't want a limit, NEVER withdraw more than $500 at a time. wait a few days between withdrawals. and third, if paypal holds your money for more than 3 days AFTER the product was successfully delivered, call them and they'll release the funds

kris 11-07-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 178836)
Did you lift your $500 limit per month yet???? Via adding a CC or completing 2 of the 3 options?

I'm sorry, but I must have missed something. My first stealth Paypal went down last week - I think because I received too much money (in their eyes) too quickly. It was only about $1000 USD. My second stealth account, I've decided to stay under $500 for the first few months. Is there a way I can allow more funds to come through quicker? I've already attached a credit card. It didnt seem to make a difference with my first account.

HowYaLivin 11-07-2010 07:35 AM

What do you mean by your stealth account went down. Elaborate on that part, so ppl can better help resolve your dilemma.

kris 11-08-2010 02:00 AM

Sorry, I meant my Paypal account was limited. they requested documents, which I provided. They then emailed a couple days later to advised that the Paypal account would remail closed, and funds would be held for 180 days.

My second stealth account - I meant to have less than $500 going through it for the first month of sales (but second month of the account being open). But I forgot about a scheduled eBay auction, which brought payment going through Paypal in the first month to about $575. Now I'm worried this account is gonna get limited too. :(

rsot 11-08-2010 10:53 AM

I would be worried too - best thing is to 1. spread out sales over other accounts 2. DO NOT withdraw from this account until item is delivered/feedback received/etc. - let it sit for a bit and don't do mass withdrawal. 3. don't "forget" about ebay auctions - this is business and you're messing with money...think about it, other people's money + paypal = lot of potential problems.

I am not ragging on you but telling you how it is. All the best.

hotsassylips 11-08-2010 04:06 PM

I never withdraw more then $250 at a time in the new accounts. And always spread out my sales! That's the key people SPREADING out the sales, so your not always stuck with one or two accounts that have massive cash intake. Ever sense i've been doing this, i've never had paypal ask for papers, utility bills, drivers license, blah blah blah! You know the drill.

Sandy D 11-08-2010 04:13 PM

I have had great success with only withdrawing 250.00 at a time and waiting several days between withdrawing the funds.

I would not take a large chunk of this money right off the bat.

Try the 250.00, wait a few days and then do 200.00 and wait a few days etc.

Taking large chunks or making multiple withdraws quickly may cause a red flag to come up on a new account.

Whatever you are selling must be a good product so work on getting other accounts so you can spread the wealth around. :>

imjustme 11-08-2010 05:01 PM

I would let that account cool off for at least 1 month, then start making withdrawals. Start with small ones, like $20. Don't start with a $800 withdrawal or you'll be limited, trust me.

kris 11-09-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 180348)
I would be worried too - best thing is to 1. spread out sales over other accounts 2. DO NOT withdraw from this account until item is delivered/feedback received/etc. - let it sit for a bit and don't do mass withdrawal. 3. don't "forget" about ebay auctions - this is business and you're messing with money...think about it, other people's money + paypal = lot of potential problems.

I am not ragging on you but telling you how it is. All the best.

Thanks for your input Rsot - I've now spent a month or two on these forums and learned very quicky to listen intently to the advice of certain members - you included.

Unfortunately, I didnt read your reply soon enough, and requested a withdrawl today - it was a small one - only $50 - but now only time will tell if a limitation is on the way.

And,:doh: I know I know, about the whole 'forgetting' thing. Once I reached $485 in sales for the month I ended all my auctions early, without checking out my scheduled auctions list. My fault for sure, and I probably deserve to lose the account. Either way... I learned a valuable lesson.

rsot 11-09-2010 10:52 AM

We all learn slowly one way or another - in my books, I have quite a bit of pp limitations but I can deal with the wait.

Thanks for the "thanks" although I am far from the best ha.

Hopefully your withdrawal works out.

BlackberryGuy 11-11-2010 12:38 AM

After reading this thread I'm scare now.

I have ebay account for over 90 days old (passed the 90 days trail on eBay). I was list like 2 -3 item per week before. But last couple days I have listed many item with the price from $80-$90 dollar and already make like 30 transactions.

Is that too quick? All item are legit goods.

On the Paypal side I have lift the $500 limit and received more than 2K last few days. Some transaction are on hold and some are instant. I did withdrawn $200 on one day and another $200 next day. Also so I use the available money to buy my supply.

Now I'm scare to list more item :-(

kris 11-11-2010 02:15 AM

YES!!! Withdrawl went through and no limiation. Whew.

rsot 11-11-2010 10:17 AM

Nice - congratulations.