eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   New to Ebay,New to PayPal. Can I buy things with wrong adress on paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/26802-new-ebay-new-paypal-can-i-buy-things-wrong-adress-paypal.html)

Olestro 01-08-2011 12:20 AM

New to Ebay,New to PayPal. Can I buy things with wrong adress on paypal?

Hey guys, so here is the thing.
Up until recently I led my life quitely without the hassling troubles of international e-commerce, but beign a resident of the intertubes, I decided to upgrade myself.
I'm intrested in procuring several items on Ebay, and just generally become a regular customer. Being the pedant that I am, I'm doing a research first.

It is my understanding that Paypal (despite the outrage and injustice it inflicts upon the sellers on this site) is the safest way to buy. So I went thouroughly through all of their site and I learned that apparently Paypal takes a fee rom you (roughly 0.5%-1%) for international money transfers.
That means I need to pay a fee for transferring money+fe for currency conversion+ a fee for international transfer (all together about 7% for me).

Since I am trying to minimize expenses and buy the cheapest way possible, I would like to dispose of this unreasonable and unfair fee for international transfer and register myself with an adress that will fit the sellers country (and change my adress each time accordingly).

Also, after reading this forum I am feeling very uncomfortable with sharing paypal my real adress. I don't know if I'll ever want to sell things in the future and I don't want o do anything that will 'burn' me. Not to mention the fact that I'm kinda of a paranoid nutjob who never shares his real details online and prefer to shop anonymously. I want only the seller to know where to ship my items.

The problem is, however, is that I understand that most sellers only ship to an adress wich is registered with paypal.
Is there anything I can do, or must I share real details with those jerks (paypal that is)?
I'm also not really familiar with Ebay procedures and how the buying/selling is actualy occurs there...

THX!