eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   how do you make up your email addresses/passwords? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/26846-how-do-you-make-up-your-email-addresses-passwords.html)

triple filtered 01-09-2011 05:07 PM

how do you make up your email addresses/passwords?

Just wondering how other users make up their email addresses/paypal passwords/ebay identities etc?

Do you keep your passwords the same or change one letter or have them totally different?

Are your usernames, like, abc123, abc124, abc125? Or totally random?

The reason i'm asking is that I used to sell a 90% of my parts on a particular forum and 10% on ebay. Now there are others who have jumped on the bandwagon so sales are down therefore I'm going to have to advertise more on ebay and create more accounts.

I'm planning on creating around 20 in one go and advertise a couple of parts on each ebay account to try and build each feedback slowly but surely if ebay see 20 new accounts being opened with almost identical usernames an a 100 mile radius, they'll smell a rat?

Or is opening 20 in one day still too much? Maybe open acouple per day?

I did purchase ebay stealth but bought a new laptop over xmas and its not letting me open the ebook as I've used the key too many times.

lucrative 01-09-2011 05:13 PM

Well id say play it safe and make them different. Your asking for trouble if they are the same.

Are they business or personal accounts?

Red X 01-09-2011 05:15 PM

It is best to always have as many different passwords for each email address, and accounts period. Lets say you use the same password for everything......What if someone was able to obtain your password, and know about all of your emails/usernames, then they would be able to log into each of your accounts, and do whatever they want to them, or take valuable information. It's best to think of random hard to figure passwords, and write them down, don't store them onto your pc. Another way is to user lowercase, and capital letters, it makes everything hard to crack.

IMO creating 20 accounts in one day is way to much, but that's just my opinion. If you're new at this, and try to create 20 accounts you might forget a step, or accidentally link accounts, its best that you take everything slow.

jbluntz 01-09-2011 05:34 PM

I've used the same passwords before without any problems but normally what I do is use 1 name then add a number and increase the number, like this:

ebaysucks1
ebaysucks2
ebaysucks3...
ebaysucks100

and use the same 1 for email/ebay/pp.

Red X 01-09-2011 05:39 PM

@jbluntz, i guess that could work lol, but when you reach the 2-3 digit numbers, seems like it gets confusing lol.

jbluntz 01-09-2011 05:45 PM

Yeah I guess it could be for some lol, when I'm ready to use an account I usually move it to a user and have the passwords saved in firefox and also in notepad.

Stigger 01-09-2011 05:48 PM

i use the control panel in host gator, if you set up email address there is a button that generates strong passwords for you, i then use roboform to save them and save the encrypted ones to usb stick.

triple filtered 01-09-2011 06:02 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Most appreciated.

Also as it says in ebay stealth about not just making up any name and address but making small changes ie Peter to Pete or Petre and address from 50 Hearth to 50a Hearth, then 50 Heart, 50a Hearth etc but what do you dop about the postcode?? Surely that has to be the same?

For all my last stealths I just put in addresses of local asdas and tescos but I'd like to be able to provide proof of address without major changes in photoshop if need be.