eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Additional Information Required Email (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/27852-additional-information-required-email.html)

Atoli 02-03-2011 07:20 PM

Additional Information Required Email

I've had my new paypal for about 3 months. I used to have one last year for about a year and I never got one of these emails before.
I know this isn't the phish that everyone is talking about. It's legit.
But I just wanted to know if this was just a harmless automated reminder to update my info from paypal or if its a warning.

Hello ----------,

We are contacting you because your PayPal account has potentially invalid or outdated information. Please log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us and update the information indicated below. After logging in, click on the Profile tab to update your account.

PayPal periodically checks the validity of members' email addresses, phone numbers and mailing addresses to ensure security and prevent potential issues with inactive accounts.

If PayPal does not have current or accurate information on file for your account, we may be unable to confirm your identity. This may make it difficult for you to recover a forgotten password or to receive money sent to you via money request or mailed checks.

Please make the changes indicated above today, or simply choose to close this account and open a new one. You can even use the same email address to open a new account as long as that email address is valid.

If you wish not to receive email reminders in the future, please edit your settings in the Email Preferences in your Profile.

Thanks,

PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Funny thing is, all of my info is the same, it hasn't changed.

I wanted to know if this was just an automated message that everyone gets at one point, or if its a warning that my account may be limited.

I don't have anything to change, but I'm worried that if I do nothing paypal will limit my account.

Has anyone ever got one of these?

cabron_ebay 02-04-2011 12:02 AM

You paypal account already was baned for sure i got the same email in 4 account long time ago and it was baned wiht minutes.
You need more ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts to sell.

rsot 02-04-2011 10:51 AM

Welcome to the forum. While you account is not banned outright, it can possibly become limited - all depends on what you are up to on the account. All the best - best to make backups...always.

BlackberryGuy 02-22-2011 11:20 PM

Just get one like this today :amen: