hi all....paypal accnt access limited! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default hi all....paypal accnt access limited!

hi guys!

cut to the chase......my ebay/paypal accnt's been running ok for a round 1 yr now.

i read as much info on here and then opened them and they were ok, but recently, i recvd an email from paypal saying that i had reached an approx £1700 limit on my paypal accnt, and before they let me carry on, they need to prove i am who i say i am!

now, what happend was that i opened my ebay acnt on false address, as my previous accnts were blocked. the ebay accnt is ok so far.

however, the paypal accnt was opened by using an existing bank account that had never been used on ebay or paypal, but i used a different name to mine, slightly!

so, now paypal want me to fill in their direct debit mandate, but in doing so, will they realise that the name i used is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, or dont they bother checking names, as long as accnt number and sort code are ok?

and they also asked me to answer what kind of trader accnt i have, ie is it individual, sole trader or business.....so what shall i answer to that, and if i pick the wrong answer, wont that open up paypal inot asking me loads of more senistive questions?

pls heeeeeeelp!

any help would be much appreciated!
PS i have posted before today, but that post seems to ahve disappeared.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2011

Longevity: 80%

Add the bank account, you need to get verified! Just select sole trader.

Are they asking for you to supply ID?
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

hi and thanks for replying!

yes, the paypal accnt is already verified, but they said i was nearing the £1900 yearly limit and to lift that, they would like me to add the direct debit to it, which i did today (with my heart in my mouth, i hasten to add!!), and that was accepted ok, but there was another question i had to answer about my personal info (address, date of birth etc) which i did, but their system never accepted it, as i got a message saying "..your details do not match what we ahve on our records..."!

i think they may be quering my date of birth that i put in, which i just guessed, as i dont remember what date of birth i opened the paypal account with...!
the address etc was correct by the way.

is there any way i can find out what date of birth i put down when i first opened the account?
i tried going on the "profile" button, and all it shows is the name, address and credit card etc on file, but no date of birth.
does anyone know how i can get out of this fix pls? :(

or could i just leave things as they are on this paypal account, make up another one and add that one to my ebay account?

paypal are not actually limiting this account yet--theyvce given me 60 days or so to provide the info, before they clamp down on it, which is good i suppose!!

pls help me, if any of you wonderful, knowledgeable people out there can!