eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal wants everything including the kitchen sink. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/28819-paypal-wants-everything-including-kitchen-sink.html)

mrlilypad 03-03-2011 11:30 AM

paypal wants everything including the kitchen sink.

My stealth paypal got hit on my first sale. It was a used power tool I sold on ebay for only $40? Heres what they want:

Confirm your bank account Confirm your bank account to help confirm your identity.

Confirm your credit card To confirm you are the credit card owner, we'll charge a small amount to your credit card. After you confirm the amount, we'll credit your PayPal account for the amount charged.

Photo ID To help confirm your identity, please send us a copy of your photo ID that shows your name and address.

Confirm Location We need to confirm that your phone number matches your address.

Confirm Social Security number

Any ideas? They won't even let me refund the person that bought it, so I'm assuming the ebay account is dead too. :pry:

Alps_a somewhatlegend 03-03-2011 11:39 AM

My thoughts from UK.....

Wow.... thats some serious list!

I think that account is gone unless you want to follow their steps.

With regards to the buyer refund, as long as the money in in the stlth pp acount, then the buyer will get his money eventually and no one gets hurt... but the account will be gone forever

Oh.... your title made me smile... thanks

BiN4RY 03-03-2011 12:08 PM

Kitchen sink? Oh dear, that sounds serious!

Anyways, how old is the Paypal account? Like eBay, Paypal tends to want to pin down new accounts as well. Also, what is their reason for limiting your account?

mrlilypad 03-03-2011 12:26 PM

The account is a few days old. It was verified and everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .ISO (Post 208965)
Kitchen sink? Oh dear, that sounds serious!

Anyways, how old is the Paypal account? Like eBay, Paypal tends to want to pin down new accounts as well. Also, what is their reason for limiting your account?

HurricaneHuntr 03-03-2011 05:36 PM

something set them off man.

KingRay 04-15-2011 11:52 PM

Yes, for sure something set them off. a simple small sale didnt do it. what else do you have by way of ebay and paypal in the past, there has to be more to this story.

cobber_gc 04-16-2011 12:35 AM

:eek: skynet must of sniffed something. could they of linked you in any way?

Alps_a somewhatlegend 04-16-2011 03:40 AM

Hi again. I am in UK but from experience in UK, I had same situation and it was due to linking.

I think 100% you got linked somehow - for me, I was a new clueless and used my same address - now I am old, grey and wise (ish)

stickmade 04-16-2011 07:20 AM

Well here is my thoughts. A similar thing happened to me when i listed something high VERo straight off the bat.

They limited both ebay+paypal. (HIGH RISK GOODS FLAGGED THEN INSTANT LIMITATION) Asking for everything under the sun.

I faxed in the goods and BAM they opened it. But this is just my experience with it dosen't actually mean you'd have the same success but maybe its worth a shot :peace:

mmm but i guess with the SNN request you'd have no chance?

ShadyOne 04-16-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Any ideas? They won't even let me refund the person that bought it, so I'm assuming the ebay account is dead too.
You can send the transaction ID to Pay Pal an they will refund the customer if you still cannot do a refund.

:peace:

p.s. as someone opened up the thread again @OP, how did it all work out?

madmuppet303 04-30-2011 11:19 PM

I got the same thing on one of my stealth accounts, and I'm guessing with the social security number request......it's over with that account.

So I'm thinking in 6 months I'll have a nice little chunk of money.

If anyone knows how it works when they release your money; when does the time start; do they email you telling you it's available?

Thanks

FandangoKango 05-07-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmuppet303 (Post 224694)
I got the same thing on one of my stealth accounts, and I'm guessing with the social security number request......it's over with that account.

So I'm thinking in 6 months I'll have a nice little chunk of money.

If anyone knows how it works when they release your money; when does the time start; do they email you telling you it's available?

Thanks

1. They will release your money in 6 months. They will email you once your money is available for withdrawal, but your account will still be limited. How do I know? Personal experience.

Good Luck.

madmuppet303 05-11-2011 02:40 AM

Releasing funds

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 226692)
1. They will release your money in 6 months. They will email you once your money is available for withdrawal, but your account will still be limited. How do I know? Personal experience.

Good Luck.

Is that 6 months from when the account was first limited or does the countdown start from something else?

cherrqell 05-11-2011 03:44 PM

wow, SS# right off the bat. You really spooked them. That account is toast.

unkown5454 05-11-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmuppet303 (Post 227709)
Is that 6 months from when the account was first limited or does the countdown start from something else?

From the minute they tell you it will be held for 180 days.

jmtz 05-12-2011 08:39 AM

You obviously did something wrong. I've sold items that cost way more than $40 on new accounts and I rarely get my account suspended. Retrace your steps and find out what you did wrong.

Learn from your mistakes.

Omgoozle 05-18-2011 03:00 AM

Kind've surprised that no one else picked up on this ....

Why didn't you confirm your CC/Bank before selling?

That may have avoided this.

ShadyOne 05-18-2011 03:56 PM

^ Though PP is unpredictable, just adding a bank account to verify a PP is enough to receive money for your first eBay sale. I agree that the OP must have made mistake with the opening or running of their stealth account, as he was only selling a used drill worh $40.

Omgoozle 05-19-2011 02:18 AM

Adding the bank account without verifying it does not make the PP account "Verified."

ShadyOne 05-19-2011 02:28 AM

^ :suspicious:

When I said "adding a bank account to verify a PP is enough to receive money", what do you want me to do? Run everyone through the process they already know, everytime I say add a bank?

Of course when I say "add a bank" I am talking about completing the set up :doh:

vetus 05-19-2011 02:45 AM

Seems like a problem account, you get some like that now and then, i would ditch that one and move on to another, its hit and miss in my opinion, i set up over 100 stealth accounts years ago and only around 10% had those problems and the other 90 are still rolling fine. Even if you send all the info in you will still probably get problems with it, so ditch it and use or make some more. also make sure your proper stealth and there is no possible way to get linked and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

trotter