Shipping using Stealth paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-19-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (2)
Default Shipping using Stealth paypal account

Hello,
I was wondering if I am going to use paypals usps shipping that we can use on paypals site to ship our products will the post office take my package if the "sender" address is out of state?

for example since my paypal stealth account has an address from New York and I live in Texas when I go to print out the shipping labels on paypal it will be showing my stealth account New York address but when I go to drop off the packages at my local post office in TX will they still accept the package considering the sender address is a different state?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 04-19-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergfro View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if I am going to use paypals usps shipping that we can use on paypals site to ship our products will the post office take my package if the "sender" address is out of state?

for example since my paypal stealth account has an address from New York and I live in Texas when I go to print out the shipping labels on paypal it will be showing my stealth account New York address but when I go to drop off the packages at my local post office in TX will they still accept the package considering the sender address is a different state?
Wont your postage be way off if you do anything like this? I think you are going to have to use a different shipping method like stamps.com or just the USPS click and ship site to ship instead of paypal.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 147
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (1)
Default

i dont think your postage will be off if your using usps. UPS will be different based off location you ship from. Also i print from ebay and you can cover the return address with your real address (using mailing labels) incase they want to return or non-delivery of an item. it will come back to your address not the stealth
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchrist430 View Post
i dont think your postage will be off if your using usps. UPS will be different based off location you ship from. Also i print from ebay and you can cover the return address with your real address (using mailing labels) incase they want to return or non-delivery of an item. it will come back to your address not the stealth
I would NOT change the stealth address to your real address in the Paypal/USPS shipping area where it says "edit address". I am not pos but I think that got me linked at one time.

You can put what you want in the click and ship pages since that is all USPS but any link where you use the Paypal/USPS page from ebay or just on a paypal payment I wouldnt take the chance.

As for shipping prices, Yes it will be different if say you are in Kansas and put TX as the return address on your shipping, you will pay shipping rates from TX to your destination. That rate will be different than the rate would be from kansas. That is something that will get caught at the counter if you take them. If not there will get caught at the delivery end and the irate buy will be charged a difference of postage. That will lead to a pissed off buyer for sure. I worked there for many and their machines catch that type of thing. PO shipping is something I do know for sure.

Now some people might think they can get away with it if the PO just picks them up as well but there is a couple things that might happen there as well. The USPS person that picks them Up is trained to look for mistakes and things like that 1st off and 2nd, they will probably get caught up later as said above.

The only problem really is IF the postage is LOWER than what it should be. If its flat rate or something like that or the shipping is higher when you paid it then you are fine. Its the time when it works the other way around. Plus the potential fraudulent activity that the USPS driver is taught to look for.

Just my 2 cents that you should really think about since this is my area of expertise so to say. lol.. Wish I was an expert as something better than usps packaging of all things right???..
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

You would think that long of a post and I would cover your whole issue.

You should just put a notice in each package saying that your return processing location is located at "this address" and maybe have something they can just cutout and stick to a package IF they need it.

OR if you dont want to do that just put on the note that seller must be contacted for detailed information prior to any returns. Then give them the details.

I always get an email from a buyer that wants to return something when they are not happy. 9 times out of 10 I can talk them into keeping it with a partial refund or even talk them into selling it themselves to save return shipping money. lol. it works better than you would think.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KingRay For This Useful Post:
chrisallen (04-21-2011)
  #6  
Old 04-20-2011
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,196
Thanks: 2,156
Thanked 1,304 Times in 935 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default

You can change your Return Address in Pa yP al to whatever location you want...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2011
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

There is a spot on the label section SHIPPED FROM:

You put the "shipped from" zip code in that section.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
There is a spot on the label section SHIPPED FROM:

You put the "shipped from" zip code in that section.
Yes but that will change the postage amount as well. I'm just telling you what I know and what the PO employees are looking for when they look for fraudulent activity,(if you are doing it or not that is something that flags them for fraudulent activity)

Be my guest. by all means its your account.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2011
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Yes but that will change the postage amount as well. I'm just telling you what I know and what the PO employees are looking for when they look for fraudulent activity,(if you are doing it or not that is something that flags them for fraudulent activity)

Be my guest. by all means its your account.
Why be such a smart ass?

I am trying to help the OP as it is evident your post did not help them but then you are the expert as you say.

Have a great day!!!

OP-

Here is something else I do.

I ask the clerk before I hand them a box I tell them on an on my way through your town to go see my father who lives ( in the next town ) and wondered if it is ok if I drop these off as I go check on him a few times a week and this is easy for me to just drop them off here. In ALL cases they tell me we will be more then happy to take them and in ALL cases after a few boxes are dropped off they tell me to make sure I change the shipped from zip. So far, no problems at all.

I have a stealth 2 states away and have no problems with shipping. I do not use it all of the time but I use the stealth address and zip code when I ship the boxes. I have had only one customer question it and all I told them is I am on vacation and dropped the box off on my way to my vacation location.

Many ways around this but maybe the "expert" will destroy all of our ideas to help you OP.

Sandy
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
bballaw1 (04-20-2011), biggunn (04-25-2011)
  #10  
Old 04-20-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Why be such a smart ass?

I am trying to help the OP as it is evident your post did not help them but then you are the expert as you say.

Have a great day!!!

OP-

Here is something else I do.

I ask the clerk before I hand them a box I tell them on an on my way through your town to go see my father who lives ( in the next town ) and wondered if it is ok if I drop these off as I go check on him a few times a week and this is easy for me to just drop them off here. In ALL cases they tell me we will be more then happy to take them and in ALL cases after a few boxes are dropped off they tell me to make sure I change the shipped from zip. So far, no problems at all.

I have a stealth 2 states away and have no problems with shipping. I do not use it all of the time but I use the stealth address and zip code when I ship the boxes. I have had only one customer question it and all I told them is I am on vacation and dropped the box off on my way to my vacation location.

Many ways around this but maybe the "expert" will destroy all of our ideas to help you OP.

Sandy
Good for you. No sense in arguing with you on this. The poster can decide on their own. Good luck with that...
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-21-2011
arpichelago's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

You can also use Ebay shipping and hit print screen... then just match the font.
For a while, thats the only way I could do it, and I had to edit out an hourglass stuck on the image
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2011
biggunn's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 984
Thanks: 782
Thanked 159 Times in 92 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (42)
Default

Both of you (KingRay and Sandy) have weak post counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Good for you. No sense in arguing with you on this. The poster can decide on their own. Good luck with that...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to biggunn For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (04-23-2011)
  #13  
Old 04-23-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
Both of you (KingRay and Sandy) have weak post counts.
Stick to the topic or go somewhere else.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-25-2011
biggunn's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 984
Thanks: 782
Thanked 159 Times in 92 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (42)
Default

You too
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-25-2011
Imback2010's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 340
Thanks: 97
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Just change the Return address nicely in MS PAINT... SOOO easy



99% of the time nobody will even notice.... I have been doing it for the past 2 years


shhhhhh
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2011
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 263 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imback2010 View Post
Just change the Return address nicely in MS PAINT... SOOO easy



99% of the time nobody will even notice.... I have been doing it for the past 2 years


shhhhhh
That would be the way to go. If you others would have read my post closely I said that is what the PO employees are trained to look for. Not the only thing but one of the many things they are told to report.. Like this poster said, She does it with MSpaint and it works fine. do that. Thanks
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KingRay For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (04-25-2011)
  #17  
Old 04-25-2011
arpichelago's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I would like to know about receiving items?
If you enter your old address into Ebay and pay with paypal will it get linked?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-25-2011
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,196
Thanks: 2,156
Thanked 1,304 Times in 935 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpichelago View Post
I would like to know about receiving items?
If you enter your old address into Ebay and pay with paypal will it get linked?
Yes. Do not do this.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 147
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I had mailing labels printed (vista print---$8.00)with real address and put that on the ebay/paypal label to cover the stealth address thats on there. also I put in listing to email before they can return any items
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-29-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (1)
Default

It hasn't been an issue for me. Except I have found that a couple of times the post office got confused. I shipped one item to San Francisco before. The stealth account had a NY address. It was flat rate priority so didn't matter where it was shipping from. I dropped it off in mailbox in Seattle. Instead of it going directly to San Francisco it jumped on a plan to New York. On the tracking it would even say mi****. After a day it was redirected back to San Francisco.

I guess the issue becomes how comfortable you are if you don't change it and for whatever reason if the item becomes undeliverable. I have a few mailboxes that I use just for return addresses.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-28-2012
UnderBites08's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 552
Thanks: 68
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I just went to ups store and ship the item with my real address. Will eBay or pay pal see this and flag my account?
__________________
"A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle"
Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-28-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,248
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,106 Times in 6,473 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

How would eb/pp see this unless 1) you entered the address on their site or 2) the buyer says "Wait a min - address seems weird...let me report?"....think about it =)
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selling/shipping with stealth info acewondersx Shipping Talk 3 03-02-2011 11:42 AM
Stealth PayPal shipping question TRIALnERROR PayPal Talk 21 04-06-2010 02:50 PM
Can I use my shipping address with a stealth ebay account..? s7evin Subscriber Discussions 3 03-14-2010 07:48 PM
stealth shipping address lenny1jz eBay Discussion! 0 02-28-2010 10:19 PM
Shipping addresses for Stealth accounts Brendaleigh eBay Discussion! 16 06-22-2009 08:46 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts