eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Got a phone call from Paypal today... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/31117-got-phone-call-paypal-today.html)

4head 05-06-2011 04:14 PM

Got a phone call from Paypal today...

Hi, I got a phone call from Paypal today.

I missed the called on my cell so I called them back and they said they just wanted to verify a withdrawal I made a couple days ago to my bank account. It was only around $350 or so.

Why would Paypal call to verify "that I initiated the withdrawal" as the rep stated?

I've had the same bank account on my Paypal account for 11 years now and never been called. And I've had the same Paypal and ebay accounts for 11 years as well. My feedback is over 1100 with 100% positive. Its just a personal account that I use for purchases and sell stuff occasionally.

This phone call has got me all paranoid after reading all this talk here about being limited and whatnot....

Thanks!

ShadyOne 05-06-2011 06:29 PM

This is what PP has to do, they have to have security measures in place that prevent unauthorised use of accounts, so verifying with you by using the phone number on file is very effective.

As for why all of a sudden, perhaps they have started doing this more recently or at least more recently over the past few years, something you done recently may have triggered it also. Only you have that sort of insight into your accounts! :D

4head 05-06-2011 10:04 PM

Seemed odd to me that a flag would be thrown by withdrawing funds to the same account that has always been used. Buying and selling habits haven't changed.

Talked to them and they said it was random and they do them constantly.

Not sure what it is, but every time you talk to a Paypal rep, they seem to not want to give you any info or as little as possible. Maybe it a communication issue since they are in India? or just how they operate...

HurricaneHuntr 05-07-2011 11:16 PM

They do this, you're lucky you called right back. If you had allowed it to go a few hours, the account would of been limited.. They were HARDCORE during the holidays they would call me 4-5x a day and i'd have to answer and say "yes i'm withdrawing" and then they'll ask if you have the products you're selling or are you drop shipping etc... They haven't called as much lately. It was mostly during the holidays that they were super strict. But, maybe i've just been lucky recently. I literally would get a call every withdraw from any stealth account..

Moral of the story, always keep the stealth phones on you.. I missed an ebay call on a new stealth because car stereo was too loud, need i say more on what happened with that account? I looked back at missed call time... vs the "send in proof of identity" email.. And it was less than 10 mins apart

ragemundo 06-10-2011 01:53 PM

Yea, I went into a restaurant and left my phone in my car. Long story short I checked my e-mail after the restaurant... I will always keep my phone next to me all day next time i make a withdrawal.

rsot 06-10-2011 02:21 PM

If pp calls you and you are not ready to handle the call, just note the name, say that you are driving - call back in five or so min.

HurricaneHuntr 06-10-2011 02:31 PM

PP just asks for your email address for verification. Ebay likes to ask much more in depth questions like, what is your ebay id.. Which i've had to think a few times about LOL