eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How do I verify Canadian address with credit/debit card (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/3320-how-do-i-verify-canadian-address-credit-debit-card.html)

sat_seller 03-11-2008 10:31 AM

How do I verify Canadian address with credit/debit card

Ok a little background first, I am from USA right on the Canadian border. My US ebay account has been cancelled the other day. I need to open up a new ebay account and decided to open up a Canadian Ebay account. So i go across the border and open up both a brand new Canadian Ebay and Paypal account at a coffee shop with a Canadian IP. The problem I'm having is that when I opened up the Paypal account I was able to add a US checking account, but they still want the Credit/Debit card added. Well they are saying that the card should match my address, which I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Canadian address. I know they can link a US card to a US address, but didn't think they could do it with a Canadian address. How do I get a card to match my Canadian address? Can I just go to a Money Mart location in Canada and get a Titanium mastercard and have it linked to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Is paypal bluffing me when they say I need to link my card to my address, I mean do they really link the 2 in Canada?

GreenBean 03-11-2008 02:03 PM

Hallo and welcome. Go to members' list, find topazcorp and look at his posts &
threads. He is the Man for Canada.

ebayhateluv 03-11-2008 02:14 PM

Ha... I'd put my money on Ivegotinfo.... ;) (theyre prob both knowledgable..just kiddin)

GreenBean 03-11-2008 02:22 PM

My excuse is that I really love the movie Gladiator. ROFLOL.

topazcorp 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sat_seller (Post 30546)
Ok a little background first, I am from USA right on the Canadian border. My US ebay account has been cancelled the other day. I need to open up a new ebay account and decided to open up a Canadian Ebay account. So i go across the border and open up both a brand new Canadian Ebay and Paypal account at a coffee shop with a Canadian IP. The problem I'm having is that when I opened up the Paypal account I was able to add a US checking account, but they still want the Credit/Debit card added. Well they are saying that the card should match my address, which I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Canadian address. I know they can link a US card to a US address, but didn't think they could do it with a Canadian address. How do I get a card to match my Canadian address? Can I just go to a Money Mart location in Canada and get a Titanium mastercard and have it linked to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Is paypal bluffing me when they say I need to link my card to my address, I mean do they really link the 2 in Canada?

The money mart card won't work, they ask you for a governement id when you sign-up. You need to go to a shell gas station or a mac's convinience store and buy a gift card (the citizen bank visa card and the vanilla mastercard are the best if you ask me, they both work fine with any addresse in canada).
https://www.citizensbank.ca/Personal.../VISAGiftCard/
https://www.vanillamastercard.com/ho...l?locale=en_CA

http://www.topazcorp.net/data/storage/gladiator.jpg

GreenBean 03-11-2008 03:19 PM

Wow

WOOF:cool:

earlt 03-11-2008 03:35 PM

And, for what it's worth...

I have been using Entropay both for paying my ebay fees as well as adding to a paypal acct.

The beauty is that you can make as many virtual cards as you want, I've made one for each of my ebay acct's ( 9 of them). This way you can just reload them online, you don't even have to go out and go to your macs to buy a gift card.

Ballsack 03-11-2008 03:36 PM

What about just buying a gift card in the US and using that?

Ballsack 03-11-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sat_seller (Post 30546)

Do you need a passport to cross over to Canada and then come back??

sat_seller 03-11-2008 03:41 PM

Well i'll just try a gift card in Canada when I go back down there in the next couple days and let you know if it worked out. I still wanna use my computer with a Canadian IP. Still don't need passport yet but I bring it with me anyways.

stepia 03-16-2008 02:21 AM

What does it take to unlimit a Canadian Paypal account? Do you, guys in Canada, have to fax your ID, utility bills, bank statement, supplier info, proof of inventory etc once your account starts getting a lot of money in? Do they ask anything special from you that they don't ask from the US users?

x2ruff4u 11-13-2008 07:16 AM

Hey guys entropay wont let me sign up because I live in the u.s.a how do I go about this? I need a gift card for a canadian account.

x2ruff4u 11-15-2008 04:53 AM

Any info is appreciated

GreenBean 11-15-2008 05:12 AM

Ruff, put your thinking hat on: there is an answer.

x2ruff4u 11-15-2008 05:26 AM

Yeah my hat takes a couple of days tho, I got the canadian ip, but the real info is what puzzles me, cause it has to be real t.t" riighhhtt??

topadog 11-15-2008 05:53 AM

Hi,
Entropay can be purchased online
vanilla master card can be purchased from any shell gas station or macs
so far i have used only these cards, there are also some people online they sell vcc for ebay and paypal for 12$ and they deliver it to your email i used 'em too they work fine!

x2ruff4u 11-15-2008 07:01 AM

well if anyone does that, I wouldnt mind paying em for that =o buttt thats after I try my experiment tho

River 10-13-2009 09:34 AM

About the Money Mart Card...

Yes you can use the titanium card from money mart, i am using one now, thru ebay .. and I live in Niagara Falls Canada.
You can also use the Vanilla Cards.. master cards.. put money on them when needed, works great too..
But i just add money on my titanium card, every week to shop on Ebay :)
Works great... Good luck !!
River