eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Do you think Paypal Monitors Refunds? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/34811-do-you-think-paypal-monitors-refunds.html)

HurricaneHuntr 08-03-2011 06:54 PM

Do you think Paypal Monitors Refunds?

Obviously i refund some buyers who dislike their products, let's say 1-3 a month out of 30-50 transaction. Comes with the product i sell. Anyway, do you think paypal " holds " has a check on this? I ask because there has to be a reason why OLDER paypal accounts are now getting "holds" that say to make sure . So would it be better to refund buyers via "Send money" instead of " issue refund" ?

holyhell 08-03-2011 07:28 PM

I'm sure they keep track of how many refunds you make, what I do, and I rarely have to do it, is send the person money. Round the number up. Sometimes they get a little extra, but it's better looking than refunds on your track record.

HurricaneHuntr 08-03-2011 07:29 PM

So you just lose on the paypal fees right?

LoopHole 08-03-2011 07:55 PM

I always issue refunds when buyers ask for them. I dont think pp sees refunds as a bad thing. Same thing as you returning something back to the store. No biggie. Plus i like to get my pp fees back

holyhell 08-03-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 255575)
So you just lose on the paypal fees right?

Actually, I didn't think about that, thanks for mentioning it.
I guess it still isn't much of a loss for me, my stuff usually doesn't go over 30 bucks. And I rarely have to refund anyway.

KingRay 08-03-2011 08:40 PM

I refund all the time. When customers cant seem to figure out how to do the checkouts I have to send back their overage for shipping.

The funny thing is when I do it, I always send them a nice email about how I saved them money and sent it back already via paypal.

I ALWAYS get awesome feedback for it when I do. They are VERY appreciative. Wish it was like that on all sales actually.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-03-2011 10:13 PM

I also refund regularly when buyers over pay on postage.

Customers are very happy as they get some money back and didnt even ask for it. In return, buyers leave the best feedback and most come back and buy more.

Also, customers may have ordered in error and need a refund or the item is not what they wanted etc., so many reasons for refunds so I would think its not a problem.

Maybe even shows a bit of honesty and makes account look good!

rsot 08-04-2011 10:08 AM

PP looks at refunds but it's part of normal business. When you have a lot of CASES requiring refunds, that's when the rough flagging begins.

wertca 08-07-2011 10:21 AM

lol not only they monitor refunds they will put your paypal account on a 21 day hold my friends. do as holyhell just said, refund by sending money instead. If the 21 day hold does not bother you refund as much as u like... sometimes you can refund half the price if the buyer want to keep the item but don't want to pay full price on it, But u have to emial them and offer it, it works 70% of the time for me....

KingRay 08-07-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wertca (Post 256761)
lol not only they monitor refunds they will put your paypal account on a 21 day hold my friends. do as holyhell just said, refund by sending money instead. If the 21 day hold does not bother you refund as much as u like... sometimes you can refund half the price if the buyer want to keep the item but don't want to pay full price on it, But u have to emial them and offer it, it works 70% of the time for me....

I am sure your holds are due to something else. They in no way will hold your money if you send a refund to someone.

ALso if you refund then all the fees for that amount are redistributed as needed. no one loses fees or gains on that part.

If you send money instead then the buyer has to eat the fees. The other way they get back what you send.

unkown5454 08-08-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

No.

KingRay 08-08-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Is it just me or does every statement in this post completely BS? If that is how you work and think things work then I would love to see how you deal with ebay/PP on a daily basis.

rsot 08-08-2011 02:46 PM

You have to take everything written with a grain of salt. I prefer testing stuff on my own and seeing what happens. Do I do stuff that people say not to do? Sure ha - does it fail? Yes and sometimes no - just gives more experience.

Sending money back instead of refunds though is another way of operation sure.

Grifter 08-08-2011 04:37 PM

My fear - what if you refund someone and they don't send you the item. With the buyer protection thing you have to send the item back and once it is proven to be returned THEN the funds are released. I'm just worried about being out cash and product.

rsot 08-08-2011 04:40 PM

Eb and pp monitors those cases pretty heavily so you have to keep those to a minimum - they track that % on your seller dashboard.

some dude 08-16-2011 12:57 AM

I sell enough on eBay/Paypal to have a rep assigned to my account at Paypal. I've asked the question, and I was told that Cases, Chargebacks, and Refunds *all* count against your account, and have even been asked questions like "How come you had so many refunds this month?"

It was explained to me that while they do track refunds, and it "counts against you", at least if you have a rep assigned to your account, they use it more as a guideline, and not a hard rule. On the other hand, an issue we do have is that we have a number of chargebacks for Not Authorized (as in, stolen credit card). We win the cases 100% of the time because Paypal gave us the "green light" to ship, and we always ship with signature confirmation, but we were told that these chargebacks count against us even though we win them, and if we have too many, the account may get frozen. In fact, they've already done rolling reserves on our account because of this - even though we win 100% of the Seller Protection cases.

KingRay 08-16-2011 03:04 PM

It only counts against you since you have personal rep assigned to your account right, Because you sell so much right? :laugh::hail:

madmuppet303 08-17-2011 04:19 AM

I'm getting 21 day holds on accounts i haven't used in months. Paypal is up to something and I don't like it.

wertca 08-18-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some dude (Post 259712)
I sell enough on eBay/Paypal to have a rep assigned to my account at Paypal. I've asked the question, and I was told that Cases, Chargebacks, and Refunds *all* count against your account, and have even been asked questions like "How come you had so many refunds this month?"

It was explained to me that while they do track refunds, and it "counts against you", at least if you have a rep assigned to your account, they use it more as a guideline, and not a hard rule. On the other hand, an issue we do have is that we have a number of chargebacks for Not Authorized (as in, stolen credit card). We win the cases 100% of the time because Paypal gave us the "green light" to ship, and we always ship with signature confirmation, but we were told that these chargebacks count against us even though we win them, and if we have too many, the account may get frozen. In fact, they've already done rolling reserves on our account because of this - even though we win 100% of the Seller Protection cases.

oh yeah, one of my powerseller account was lifted off the 21 day hold 1 week ago and then this week its back on hold again and the only thing i did was file a cancelation of transaction since the buyer bought the item by mistake, its a conspiracy i tell you....

wertca 08-18-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 257098)
Is it just me or does every statement in this post completely BS? If that is how you work and think things work then I would love to see how you deal with ebay/PP on a daily basis.

what do u want to know? lmao, i have 9 years experience, i can sure help ya.

wertca 08-18-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 256929)
I am sure your holds are due to something else. They in no way will hold your money if you send a refund to someone.

ALso if you refund then all the fees for that amount are redistributed as needed. no one loses fees or gains on that part.

If you send money instead then the buyer has to eat the fees. The other way they get back what you send.

good advice. but still i prefer the sending the money.

FandangoKango 08-18-2011 02:53 AM

Of course they do if you start refunding more than 3 or 5 or 10 on big amounts of money like probably over $100.00.