eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Lost PayPal/CC Chargeback, Is there Anything I can do? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/35416-lost-paypal-cc-chargeback-there-anything-i-can-do.html)

Ratman2050 08-17-2011 01:01 PM

Lost PayPal/CC Chargeback, Is there Anything I can do?

Hi,

About 6+ months ago I sold an iPhone 4 for $600 on eBay and the buyer told me to ship it to a different address so I did :doh:. He then filed a chargeback with his CC company claiming he did not make the purchase, I won the PayPal case and got my money back.

About 75 days ago that case came up again but this time I lost for some reason (I didn't even know you can make a case twice...) and PayPal wants me to pay $600 bucks to them.

Is there any other option I have here? Or am I screwed and have to pay them back? What happens if you don't payback PayPal?

Thanks.

ebaysale 08-17-2011 02:30 PM

LOL, once there is a chargeback, paypal rolls over on you and takes the money. You could have video of the guy opening it and a notarized letter stating he is 100% happy with the purchase, and they automatically pay back chargebacks.

Best advise is call and report your credit card lost, then go down to your bank and close your linked bank account. Tell them you lost your checkbook with your online info in it. All that is going to happen in a month is robo calls to your listed contact phone number. If it is a phone number you want to keep. Save the collections number as a favorite and set the ring to "No Ring"

Then open a new stealth Ebay/Paypal account.

Ratman2050 08-17-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaysale (Post 260173)
LOL, once there is a chargeback, paypal rolls over on you and takes the money. You could have video of the guy opening it and a notarized letter stating he is 100% happy with the purchase, and they automatically pay back chargebacks.

Best advise is call and report your credit card lost, then go down to your bank and close your linked bank account. Tell them you lost your checkbook with your online info in it. All that is going to happen in a month is robo calls to your listed contact phone number. If it is a phone number you want to keep. Save the collections number as a favorite and set the ring to "No Ring"

Then open a new stealth Ebay/Paypal account.

So you're saying PayPal will take no further action then to make an automatic phone call? I thought they would go further than that?

ebaysale 08-17-2011 05:33 PM

Eventually they will sell it to a collection agency, but all they do is call and harass you also. If you get the letter from a collection agency, just write back you dispute it and know nothing about it, someone must have used your info to register on Ebay/paypal.

Ratman2050 08-17-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaysale (Post 260233)
Eventually they will sell it to a collection agency, but all they do is call and harass you also. If you get the letter from a collection agency, just write back you dispute it and know nothing about it, someone must have used your info to register on Ebay/paypal.

Well if that's the case then it's no biggie. Only problem is I had about $300 in my paypal and they took that already so I owe $300 only. But that same PayPal and my other paypal are both banned. My paypal that has $280 something in it is past 90 days so I will ask to get a check or bank transfer to made to me but hopefully they don't link the accounts together and take the money from my $280 to account to fuel the negative - $300 I owe.

BiN4RY 08-17-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaysale (Post 260233)
If you get the letter from a collection agency, just write back you dispute it and know nothing about it, someone must have used your info to register on Ebay/paypal.

Only if it was that easy.

newjerseymax 08-17-2011 07:13 PM

Payback the money and think of it as an expensive lesson. Could have been worse. Plus you get to keep your account. Something has to be said for a seller that does good on a -$300 account.

KingRay 08-17-2011 08:49 PM

It will just jam up your credit as well so if you dont have the money now just open a stealth paypal account make the money and pay it back slowly ifyou have to. You should pay it though. you dont want the hassles.

The above poster might think its cute but be a man and just pay it back. You will save your account and a good account is gold,

FandangoKango 08-17-2011 09:41 PM

I don't think its worth selling on a legit account at all unless your selling small amount of items in tons on a legit account.

last3379 08-17-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratman2050 (Post 260245)
Well if that's the case then it's no biggie. Only problem is I had about $300 in my paypal and they took that already so I owe $300 only. But that same PayPal and my other paypal are both banned. My paypal that has $280 something in it is past 90 days so I will ask to get a check or bank transfer to made to me but hopefully they don't link the accounts together and take the money from my $280 to account to fuel the negative - $300 I owe.

The only problem you will have besides the collections agency calling you is that it will affect your credit rating! That would be the case here in Canada.

Ratman2050 08-17-2011 11:35 PM

Well thanks for all the replies. And about the credit rating, I don't have a credit card but I assume the rating will go under my name?

Anyways, I'm kind of in debt as it is (long story) so paying PayPal will have to hold off for a bit at least. And as far as having a "good" account goes, my paypal is banned anyways so that doesn't matter.

BiN4RY 08-18-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last3379 (Post 260307)
The only problem you will have besides the collections agency calling you is that it will affect your credit rating! That would be the case here in Canada.

It's not just Canada. Any countries with a credit rating system will result in the same.