eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Cancelling unclaimed payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/3579-cancelling-unclaimed-payments.html)

Ballsack 03-23-2008 01:08 PM

Cancelling unclaimed payments

I've been getting a few emails from buyers who tried to send a payment to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email address. The payment obviously goes unclaimed and when I direct them to my payment processor of choice they claim they have wait until the funds are returned to them by paypal. What's going on here? Since when do ppl have wait for funds to be returned when they cancel an unclaimed payment? Are buyers becoming more retarded then usual?

paralax 03-23-2008 03:47 PM

Well DAAAAAAA. Those funds will not be returned, no one to return them.

What you can do is open a brand new PayPal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and that e-mail address (to which you should have access)..

Then you should be bale to view all those payments and issues a 100% refund.

You might need to add a gift card to verify that PayPal account, should be with same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name as on your account.

mantisinc 03-23-2008 03:50 PM

Ballsack, it's true, I doubt most of the buyers even know what an unclaimed payment is.

I can't really see a way out there, other than opening the account, and refunding the payment every time it gets sent to you.

GreenBean 03-23-2008 03:59 PM

xxxxsack, Maybe coming to a time to consider an alternative payment method?
Seems messy and will give troubles.

Jonas 03-23-2008 05:31 PM

Tell them to click the details on "unclaimed" in paypal and they can cancel it themselves.

Ballsack 03-23-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 32736)
xxxxsack, Maybe coming to a time to consider an alternative payment method?
Seems messy and will give troubles.

I already have but I'm losing A TON of money by doing so. People just click on the pay now button instead of waiting for my invoice or ignore my invoice when they do get it or don't get it at all because of spam filters. For instance if I make $2000 in sales I can expect maybe $1300.

GreenBean 03-23-2008 06:23 PM

ballsack, have you thought of re doing your listings and setting everything up
so that the buyer gets the message about how to pay? Does the item 'attract'
the buyer so they will pay by any method?

Ballsack 03-23-2008 07:59 PM

Yes I set up a seperate faq that I tell ppl to read. They just skip it. The only way to get ppl to read that you don't take paypal is if you put it directly into the auction.

GreenBean 03-23-2008 08:34 PM

Are you worried about ebay taking the item down? I have been going thro' a lots
of items and seeing what the sellers do. I have to say that a few come right out
and let you know about payment.

Ballsack 03-23-2008 09:09 PM

No. I guess I wanted to avoid confusion by saying I don't take paypal in my description even though my auction says I take it. In my faq I state why I don't take paypal and then list my other options. But I guess I will literally have to put it into the descriptio from now on. I'm losing too much money from ppl not paying properly.

GreenBean 03-23-2008 09:19 PM

Doing this is a good marketing tool for you. I have been going through a lot of
the old listings where I got the goodies. Where the seller has been right up front
about how to pay, what to do etc, those purchases have been tops.
In other words,I feel the seller has really looked after the buyer. Reading here,I
realize that you have to change your plans all the time.
Good Luck to you.

paralax 03-23-2008 09:20 PM

There is no way around loosing money from that method. Unless you list without Paypal as payment option.

Hell, I'm going through the trouble and risk of getting my money locked just to give buyers this option to use PayPal. Why? Because it brings you business and satisfied customers. I'd go for a merchant account, but that's later. (my VeRO only accounts will last only 30 days after which I don't pay fees)

GreenBean 03-23-2008 09:24 PM

xxxxlax, that is so right. ebay fees, nadda!

aspkin 03-24-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 32757)
Tell them to click the details on "unclaimed" in paypal and they can cancel it themselves.

The only real answer here. Thanks Jonas.

Ballsack 03-24-2008 05:43 PM

When I tell them that they mostly ignore me.

Jonas 03-24-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 32797)
No. I guess I wanted to avoid confusion by saying I don't take paypal in my description even though my auction says I take it. In my faq I state why I don't take paypal and then list my other options. But I guess I will literally have to put it into the descriptio from now on. I'm losing too much money from ppl not paying properly.

I saw a laptop auction that started with something like:

Quote:

NO PAYPAL!
NO PAYPAL!
I know the listing says it but we have to have it in. This listing doesn't take paypal.

Something like that could be pulled right away.

It's probably better to say like "We take paypal from confirmed addresses in the USA only and no PO Boxes. We use CCNOW to take paypal because [insert paragraph exposing the truth about paypal] and if you want to pay with paypal we will send a CCNOW invoice."

Ballsack 03-25-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

NO PAYPAL!
NO PAYPAL!
I know the listing says it but we have to have it in. This listing doesn't take paypal.
Unfortunately this is my only option. I just have to word mine differently. I don't take paypal in any shape or form.

LongMan 03-25-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 32717)
I've been getting a few emails from buyers who tried to send a payment to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email address. The payment obviously goes unclaimed and when I direct them to my payment processor of choice they claim they have wait until the funds are returned to them by paypal.

I have had the same problem, the buyers might mean that there money is returned to their PP balance and then it takes a few days to return to their bank account.

Ballsack 03-25-2008 03:46 PM

No that's not what they mean at all. No one here uses their bank account to pay sellers.