eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Pay Pal & Adding an Address Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/3593-pay-pal-adding-address-question.html)

TotallyDisgusted 03-24-2008 10:06 AM

Pay Pal & Adding an Address Question

Posted this question in another form but never received an answer; hoping someone can advise.

Want to purchase on Eb using a pp account. Both accounts match and (for now) are fine.

When making purchase rather than "red flag" a seller with excuse of please send to so-and-so as a gift, can I just add my real address, slightly changed, to my pp account and simply select that address when making the purchase?

It has been suggested to create strictly a "buying" account on EB w/real address slightly changed...but...I don't get what the difference is if I go that route or just add my real address slightly changed in my pp account.

Anyone?

aspkin 03-24-2008 02:33 PM

You could do that. Just make sure the address isn't 100% similar to another limited address you've used before. That's the main issue.

TotallyDisgusted 03-24-2008 02:36 PM

Thank-you soooo much for replying.

It seems like so much work to create a new eb account w/bank, email, and pp when I can just add my real address (altered) to an existing verified pp account. Just want to purchase a few items here-and-there :)

I just made a purchase and had to tell the seller that I was going on vacation for 10-days and could he please ship item to my partner (used my real address slightly altered just-in-case). He agreed & I got lucky.

paralax 03-25-2008 07:06 AM

Uh, it's not save to do it on a selling account. Why compromise a source of income.

What I do is I have special accounts for buying. It has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ registered address, but also a shipping address that goes to me (my exact address). Same with PayPal.

It's easy to create these accounts. Thus far I had not a single one buyer account banned. Cute.

TotallyDisgusted 03-25-2008 07:48 AM

paralax - What I do is I have special accounts for buying. It has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ registered address, but also a shipping address that goes to me (my exact address). Same with PayPal.

Understand concept of eb account strictly for buying. Not exactly sure what you mean by having 2 addresses for eb account & pp account...a registered address & shipp. address? If using real address, aren't you being a bit risky?...real address has been suspended. I was under impression that you could never use your real address again once banned...ok though if you alter it slightly.