eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Verified business withdrawal amounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/36073-verified-business-withdrawal-amounts.html)

airsealed 08-30-2011 12:39 AM

Verified business withdrawal amounts

Does anyone know what the red flag limits are for verified business accounts? Have never had a Paypal account (in the US anyway) suspended so this is a 'clean' account... back from the days when they were X dot com.

I've never moved more than $20,000 out of my Paypal account in any one month, and I always have kept my daily withdrawals to UNDER $1,000 at a time (and in fact prefer to keep it right around $500-$600 like a good "Smurf"), but am curious to know at what point do they start taking interest even when all of the user information is backed up with documentation.

rsot 08-30-2011 12:40 PM

@airsealed, a LOT depends on what you sell and how fast you jump on your cash.

airsealed 08-31-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 264412)
@airsealed, a LOT depends on what you sell and how fast you jump on your cash.

Well, I usually withdraw daily, so I guess I jump on it pretty fast, but I also keep a few thousand in the account at all times as well (chargeback/refund buffer) so maybe that makes it appear that I am not flying by night.

So does anyone know if there are any solid hard lines (flags) that shouldn't be crossed? This is the first place where I've heard of people throwing around the $20k figure.... just wondering where that comes from. That's per month right? Because if it's cumulative, surely everyone goes over that eventually.

:)

GreenBean 08-31-2011 06:40 AM

I'm wondering if the $20,000 being mentioned is in fact referring to the IRS changes that paypal are going to implement for US users? 200 transaction/$20,000 is that ball park figure. But since you do appear to be in Thailand ( according to IP registration), that may be relevant.
Of course, not knowing your business plan ( & I dont want to), I recall you mentioned a merchant account? I would consider spreading funds over different funding sources.

Now as to an amount that 'triggers' interest, it is the manner in which the account is used that trips a reaction.

By your own explanation that suggests correct understanding of paypal's methods, you could be one of the luckier users whose accounts survive.

Hope that helps :)

GrannyT 08-31-2011 07:10 AM

There is no top figure - you just need to make Paypal purr

:pop2:

Sandy D 08-31-2011 10:13 AM

No way would I withdraw that kind of money at one time.

Like GB said you would then be looked at in a different way because of all the new rules and regs.

I can see doing a nice daily but never that kind of money all at once.

Then again I try not to let any account get above 500.00 because I know pp is itching to get their hands on my money. If it happens to go above 500.00 I am pulling every string I can to get the money out without causing the red flags to fly.

GrannyT 08-31-2011 12:00 PM

Think about some of the Titanium and Platinum power sellers.

They can take £10K plus a day - they take it out - but they make sure that Paypal is purring

You need to do the same

slapped 08-31-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 264724)
Think about some of the Titanium and Platinum power sellers.

They can take £10K plus a day - they take it out - but they make sure that Paypal is purring

You need to do the same

100% Correct,,,,I just want to add from my personal Experience that

Paypal will ONCE a YEAR Pick a Payment sent to you Hold it,,Do a MANUEL Review of the Payment and realease it within 24 hours, simply as a Matter of Procedure,,

I have had this happen to me several times on different accounts

GrannyT 08-31-2011 12:19 PM

Sometimes because we are stealth we forget there is a real world out there where people do business. £100,000 a week is not as uncommon as you might think it is

You need to step outside of your scenario and see how it looks

Sandy D 08-31-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 264732)
Sometimes because we are stealth we forget there is a real world out there where people do business. £100,000 a week is not as uncommon as you might think it is

You need to step outside of your scenario and see how it looks

And to think I run several 500.00-1000.00 a week accounts and think I am doing very well.

What the heck am I doing wrong. :doh:

airsealed 09-01-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 264638)
I'm wondering if the $20,000 being mentioned is in fact referring to the IRS changes that paypal are going to implement for US users? 200 transaction/$20,000 is that ball park figure. But since you do appear to be in Thailand ( according to IP registration), that may be relevant.
Of course, not knowing your business plan ( & I dont want to), I recall you mentioned a merchant account? I would consider spreading funds over different funding sources.

Now as to an amount that 'triggers' interest, it is the manner in which the account is used that trips a reaction.

By your own explanation that suggests correct understanding of paypal's methods, you could be one of the luckier users whose accounts survive.

Hope that helps :)

Yeah, American in Thailand, so I am technically still under the reign of the IRS. As we all know, we still are supposed to file returns whether we live in Canton, OH or Canton, China, underwater, or on the moon.

Yeah, my merchant account is my bread and butter, and Paypal is mostly just for new customers and samples. Was just wondering if there were any hard and fast limits. Reading over the various threads has given me the feeling that Paypal and eBay are a lot more 'active' in kicking people off their systems than I had imagined before. I was suspended from Bay once in the old days (like in 1997!) and the specter of that is always there, and my Paypal account was frozen for half a year once for just logging in from Thailand before they even had an office in Singapore (which Thailand falls under)... got around that for years logging into a US dialup via Net Zero (I doubt they are even around now?) long distance before they finally allowed accounts here, but it's been 'purring' since then I suppose.

unkown5454 09-02-2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airsealed (Post 265163)
Yeah, American in Thailand

Haha, I was wondering how the hell you spoke such incredibly clear English. And yes, Net Zero is still doing its thing stateside.

rsot 09-02-2011 10:35 AM

Netzero and I are fairly solid partners...

newyorker21 09-04-2011 11:57 AM

Gold Power Seller here. Pull out ~60k a month. No issues.

Received a phone call from paypal once asking me how much I expect to grow. That's about it.

To answer your question - Mondays I would withdraw around 4-5k.

EGYfromhell 09-04-2011 12:36 PM

here, withdraw up to 1200 pounds on daily basis with no issues, pp called twice during last month asking questions , very silly ones, I think they were checking that the telephone number is correct and someone is answering.

FandangoKango 09-04-2011 03:35 PM

60K? LOLLLL :( I want to make that much!

GrannyT 09-04-2011 03:37 PM

I pull a lot - no issues - make them purr!!

slapped 09-04-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 265858)
60K? LOLLLL :( I want to make that much!

Pulling out 60k a Month does NOT mean you are Earning 60k a month,,,,you could be even losing money

GrannyT 09-05-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 265918)
Pulling out 60k a Month does NOT mean you are Earning 60k a month,,,,you could be even losing money

Absolutely correct - there is nothing worse than being a 'busy fool' - turning over large amounts just to pay fees.

Been there - done that - got the 'T' shirt - no thank you

airsealed 09-05-2011 08:21 AM

Or he could be making more than that. Paypal is just one avenue of inbound revenue. Doesn't really matter either way in an academic discussion.

newyorker21 09-05-2011 10:44 PM

Absolutely, we work on about a 40% margin.

Needless to say, losing one month of business on eBay has taken a huge toll. About 10% of our business was on handmade jewelry which turned out to be a VeRO item. We had no idea. Almost 200 listings pulled and 30 day suspension of new listings (still have admin control).

FML.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 265977)
Absolutely correct - there is nothing worse than being a 'busy fool' - turning over large amounts just to pay fees.

Been there - done that - got the 'T' shirt - no thank you