eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Is is possible to change name/owner of paypal account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/37128-possible-change-name-owner-paypal-account.html)

danesduns 09-25-2011 12:51 PM

Is is possible to change name/owner of paypal account?

Possible for paypal change name?

Because of a problem with an old paypal & ebay account in my name the accounts I currently have are in a family members name. That wasn't a problem until I lost my job and started selling full time. I've reached power seller status and it's a matter of time before paypal asks for tax info.

I intend on running this business full time and paying taxes. The bank account listed on the paypal account is my personal bank account because they don't verify accounts by owners name. Is there a way to change the owner on my ebay/paypal accounts to my correct personal info? Or any way to get around this so a family member has no tax ramifications? I don't want to start over and don't want to lose the holiday business. I'll be shut down when I don't provide tax info.

I'd love some feedback on this .. I'm sure there are others with the same issue.

Gangster878 09-25-2011 05:19 PM

Its a Risk Changeing Any Info:pry:

BiN4RY 09-25-2011 08:39 PM

You can change the name, but it will requires you to fax in ID and bills.

I've done it with my legit account years ago, and it was quite smooth.

crow 09-26-2011 01:17 AM

I'm sure a call to PayPal would answer some of those questions, you could always say you have 'taken over' the business from some member of your family.

Good luck

rsot 09-26-2011 11:27 AM

If BiN4RY has done it, I would believe it possible. I have not tried and would see it as being difficult but all the best.

GrannyT 09-26-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crow (Post 272113)
I'm sure a call to PayPal would answer some of those questions, you could always say you have 'taken over' the business from some member of your family.

Good luck

That depends - if it's a business account with a business identity then it's indeed possible - but expect ID and utility request

:pop2:

danesduns 09-26-2011 02:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Because this is my sole income, calling paypal or putting up any red flag is out of the question. A stealth account is probably the safest way to handle this. Too much information on that account is intertwined with my personal info.

Sandy D 09-27-2011 08:30 PM

Yes it can be done.

Especially if the account is in a woman's name.

Good luck.

Be prepared to send tons of docs before you attempt this.

Gangster878 09-27-2011 09:42 PM

:doh::doh:

danesduns 09-28-2011 09:19 PM

Actually the account is in my sons name and would be changed to mine (woman's) name. I have a paypal debit (MasterCard) in my real name on this account. No questions asked when I applied for a 2nd card in my name. And .. the bank account is in my real name along with me listed as one of the shipping addresses for purchases paid via this account. So, I've made a real mess of this account that has my name all over it!

rotty 09-28-2011 09:49 PM

I really don't think you need to start over.
You can keep the Ebay account running but set up a new Paypal with your real name (SSN)
or your DBA (with EIN), and replace the old paypal with the new one.

By the end of the day, Paypal is the one who is going to send you Tax doc not Ebay.

Sandy D 09-29-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danesduns (Post 273122)
Actually the account is in my sons name and would be changed to mine (woman's) name. I have a paypal debit (MasterCard) in my real name on this account. No questions asked when I applied for a 2nd card in my name. And .. the bank account is in my real name along with me listed as one of the shipping addresses for purchases paid via this account. So, I've made a real mess of this account that has my name all over it!

I think I would just create an account in your name and add your pp to it.

Maybe someone who has done this successfully with chime in and help.

danesduns 09-29-2011 11:23 AM

I need to keep my ebay account that's also in my son's name, although to buyers I use my real name for communication. I sell very specific vintage items and buyers know me .. and it's a top seller account. I thought both ebay & pp accounts had to be in the same name? I'm also running another ebay buyer account the same way, linked to the same pp account. If I create another ebay account it would have to be stealth, otherwise there would be 3 on the same IP .. I think!

Sandy D 09-29-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danesduns (Post 273323)
I need to keep my ebay account that's also in my son's name, although to buyers I use my real name for communication. I sell very specific vintage items and buyers know me .. and it's a top seller account. I thought both ebay & pp accounts had to be in the same name? I'm also running another ebay buyer account the same way, linked to the same pp account. If I create another ebay account it would have to be stealth, otherwise there would be 3 on the same IP .. I think!

You need to find a way to get different IP's. Dialup works great for this is you have it.

danesduns 10-01-2011 11:53 PM

Thanks for all the feedback! I think purchasing ebay stealth is the smartest thing for me to do so I can analyze this myself.

ChasMora 03-07-2012 07:08 PM

I started an ebay business with my mother back in 2004. She is retiring and i created a DBA. I am curious how danesduns fared and what she decided to do. My instinct says to leave the ebay portion alone and create a new paypal with the DBA EIN. Mom is on social security and the new 1099-k reporting will cause pain.

GreenBean 03-07-2012 07:11 PM

OP has not been involved on the forum since her last post. :D

Artann 03-12-2012 03:44 PM

It is still a good questions that seems many need an answer for... If someone have done it it be nice tut to post and get it sticky!

rsot 03-12-2012 03:59 PM

Not on this post though - this is too open to the public. Best way is to pm folx in the know and hope they respond. A matter of reputation.