eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   I think i'm getting scammed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/37239-i-think-im-getting-scammed.html)

Intimidator3 09-28-2011 01:14 AM

I think i'm getting scammed

Hello,

I sold a gift card on ebay on August 24th for a total of $46. It was to Canada, but i didn't think that would be a problem. She paid, I shipped the card, it seemed all was well. I just got 2 emails from paypal today. The first stated that she just opened an item not received case. The second email stated that she escilated it for paypal to make their final decision. She never send me a message on ebay or paypal in the meantime.

I think I'm getting scammed here. Why did she wait over a month to open the case? Why did she open it over paypal and not ebay? Why did she escalate it immediately? Why didn't she message me or attempt to communicate with me?
I don't even have the $46 left in my account. This is a mess.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

meVebay 09-28-2011 02:45 AM

Do you have a tracking number showing the item was delivered?

GTB 09-28-2011 03:56 AM

yeah,i hope you got a signiture for delivery

never send gift cards,postal orders or cheques or anything with value without getting a signiture

if not theres nowt much you can do unfortunatly

meVebay 09-28-2011 04:34 AM

Another point to make, eBay + PayPal don't offer buyer protection for gift cards (At least that's the case here in the UK)

Check the T&C's, here's a case where they may work for you!

Intimidator3 09-28-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meVebay (Post 272761)
Do you have a tracking number showing the item was delivered?

I don't unfortunately.

oompaloompa 09-28-2011 06:21 AM

refund her and learn the lesson, there is nothing you can do without tracking....

rsot 09-28-2011 06:30 AM

if you care about the account - just an option to consider but $46 is not a killer amount and I would eat it and plan ahead.

Intimidator3 09-28-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meVebay (Post 272778)
Another point to make, eBay + PayPal don't offer buyer protection for gift cards (At least that's the case here in the UK)

Check the T&C's, here's a case where they may work for you!

What are the T&C's? My paypal account is currently showing a balance of $ -43.78. If I left the balance negative and the account went limited, would it effecy my credit report in any way?

I would like to also note that I sent the buyer the code on the back of the gift card before I shipped it.

You guys are great. Thanks alot for the responses!

cazador 09-28-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 272774)
yeah,i hope you got a signiture for delivery

never send gift cards,postal orders or cheques or anything with value without getting a signiture

if not theres nowt much you can do unfortunatly

I learn that lesson last sale i make,i got hit with a NRI the only proof i have is a delivered confirmation,the Gals from paypal decide on buyers side i think for the only reason of Signature confirmation. So Good point No send nothing over $200 bucks with out signture and even insurance,i lost $410 bucks in that sale,oh well i leran something at least :D

Clay Davis 09-29-2011 08:02 PM

consider this ....

One idea to help you recover your loss,.....If you bought the gift card with your credit card look up what day and time you did it via your card statement and then contact the retailer to see if you can get the gift card # and code. Maybe then you can at least still spend the value online.

Or who knows maybe they can confirm that there is no value on the card and it was spent at a store that is in the same area of Canada as your client.

Pay pal likely will not listen to common sense but it would be nice to at least know.

Good luck

GTB 09-29-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazador (Post 273150)
I learn that lesson last sale i make,i got hit with a NRI the only proof i have is a delivered confirmation,the Gals from paypal decide on buyers side i think for the only reason of Signature confirmation. So Good point No send nothing over $200 bucks with out signture and even insurance,i lost $410 bucks in that sale,oh well i leran something at least :D

wow,live and learn bud,live and learn

anything over 50gbp needs a signature imo

too many scammers on eb ay

they know exactly what to do and take advantage of genuine good people who have too much faith in human nature

also the postal services can lose parcels too accidentally or on purpose

in future,anything over 50usd send with tracking,just charge a little extra postage to cover it