eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Negative paypal account. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/39696-negative-paypal-account.html)

Dbrad 11-25-2011 06:40 AM

Negative paypal account.

I sold 2 items through eBay. A used iPad first gen and a new iPod touch my husband won at some raffle. I mailed both items out and within two weeks both buyers reported that I never sent the items. One told them I mailed a box of rocks. I gave PP the tracking but I still lost the dispute. My account is now negative $570. It is a stealth account and the only real info they have is my checking account number. I really don't have the $ to pay it. Will there be legal repercussions if I blow off this account?

boodster 11-27-2011 05:46 PM

I am wondering this myself! had the same issue. Did you close the bank account you used for that paypal?

expiredpeanutbutter 11-27-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbrad (Post 289972)
I sold 2 items through eBay. A used iPad first gen and a new iPod touch my husband won at some raffle. I mailed both items out and within two weeks both buyers reported that I never sent the items. One told them I mailed a box of rocks. I gave PP the tracking but I still lost the dispute. My account is now negative $570. It is a stealth account and the only real info they have is my checking account number. I really don't have the $ to pay it. Will there be legal repercussions if I blow off this account?

Ask your husband to pay for it... Thanks

biggunn 11-27-2011 11:48 PM

You are obligated to pay your debts. Facts are though, if it is a stealth account they can't collect on ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. Make sure your pp account doesn't have any preapproved authorized payments like connecting it to eb for seller fees because they will try to withdraw from your bank in this case.

boodster 11-28-2011 09:43 AM

ya but what if the whole account is stealth even the first bank you added (VBA) and then you added a bank account to take out money( the bank account will be in your real name). Would it be traced back to you? I know banks have to never share their information to anyone, just a thought.

jtaverner76 11-28-2011 11:00 AM

If it's a stealth account simply remove and close the bank account, remove any credit cards and leave PP negative. Absolutely nothing will happen.

biggunn 11-28-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boodster (Post 290704)
ya but what if the whole account is stealth even the first bank you added (VBA) and then you added a bank account to take out money( the bank account will be in your real name). Would it be traced back to you? I know banks have to never share their information to anyone, just a thought.

The account will definitely track back to you in a legal situation. If you ripped people off and the police actually investigate. Ebay and paypal themselves cannot see any info on you at all based on just your connected bank account. (Unless you sent money out with the bank account.)

rsot 11-28-2011 02:05 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Whether you shipped or legit is not the issue I am going to address. If it is stealth, closing your bank account will block pp from trying to pull money. You will still be held liable for the fees but that's where the legal ramification will come - I am not here to be legal counsel or anything but think of the chance of the service coming after you for your actions for the sum of 570....

All the best. Kind of odd that you would have problems with both buyers though - care to explain how you shipped out?