Avoiding SSN - outside of the U.S., that is - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

It cannot be that easy ;-)
so i dont know why people here are complaning here about SSN
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

so if im in US and i want cadadian account i do not iven have to have canda ip adresS?
Old 04-22-2008

Longevity: 96%

In addition to any government ID they also ask for bank statement, utility bill, supplier info and invoices ..buts that it. It is that easy...for paypal canada the only thing you have to worry about is linking accounts. Only time i ever didnt get my limitation removed was when it got linked to past accounts or was to lazy to submit anything. But the Ip address thing will probably get you limited... i know a friend of mine that had a US Paypal with a debit card and his account got limited after logging in with a Canadian IP only.

It would also make things complicated for your buyers...your paypal is registered in canada but selling from the US...i think it would raise red flags eventually.
Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

bank statement, utility bill, supplier info and invoices not problem. I will not be using this paypal on ebay at all. I will ofcorse change ips and clean cookeys. So you think that i cannot use USa ip for Canadian paypal account? also is there a good websites that i can get Canada gift cards from?
Old 04-22-2008

Also you know based on all the information paypal demands from you, they could actually call your bank, impersonate you. They demand a utility bill and paypal could impersonate you. Stuff like that. I doubt paypal has done that and it's unlikely they will, but well..

Last edited by Jonas; 05-30-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2008

someone should relaly sit down one day and spend some time and figure this thing out.. Im pretty sure there is a way around this PayPal thing... if im the first to do it, will I get a reward??? I am serious.
Old 04-28-2008
Threadstarter  

So far Canada paypal works in us if you know what you are doing. And there is no way they can ask for your SSN. I have not got limited yet so we will see.
any one knows any good canada gift cards?
Old 04-29-2008

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
leonid, my concern is to not do anything illegal regarding a financial institution. That is it.
Nothing illegal regarding the bank. I worked for a financial company in credit card fraud:
not pleasant what we had the power to do to a person creating a bank fraud.
And that was prior to 9/11.
Absolutely right!
Old 06-03-2008

Ok, I've been successfully using unlimited long distance to Canada that I got from my telephone company, ATT, and now they suspended my long distance service because using long distance to dialing up is against their TOS. Is it possible to get any 3rd party long distance plan to dial up to Canada? Can anyone advice such 3rd party company, please?
Old 06-03-2008

I dont think it 'illegal' to open a paypal account in canada because they give the option of adding a US bank account. Using a gift card or credit card is no different than adding a gift card to a US account.
Old 06-03-2008
Threadstarter  

there are many long distance services outthere. Big companys will suspend your longdistance if theyr program will see you dailing out to canada for example and smaller companys wont iven care.
you can also use payd proxys that wuld work (not all of them) I dont think paypal cares from what ip you register as long as it is not suspendet one. It is totally possible to register canada paypal with no problem as long as you can provide them with documents that they want.
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

If anyone has proven this method works please say so then i can look into it a little more. I am very interested in this method if it does work but i dont have the time right now to chase after false hope
Old 06-03-2008
Threadstarter  

If you dont expirement you will never know.. People are lazy ;-) Everething is possble.
Old 06-17-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by extension View Post
I have a better solution than moving your pressumed presence out of a country. We all work, most of us at least, and those who do not work now probably have an old W-2 tax form.

This tax form contains a federal tax id of your ******* employer, who works you as a slave for some money which you always run out of fast.

That number can be used instead of an ssn. Your employer might need a brand new ebay and paypal account, and they just might need you to manage it and sell things on it.

Ask them if they want you to make a user id for them.

Extension:
I am a non-US resident with no SSN. I was wondering, if I had my friend in the US collect/forward mail for me, could I use my friend's address, and then a Federal Tax ID (EIN) in place of a SSN when applying for a bank account? Obviously I would only have my foreign passport/government issued ID, but I know some banks are pretty lenient towards this as they want new customers even if they are non-US residents/foreigners. I think that if anything I could get some random EIN, but in all cases the Federal Tax ID will have no relation to me (obviously the EIN is not even my "employer") so wouldnt my application just be rejected when they run a search on my "SSN"? Also, do you know of which banks I can use a EIN in place of my SSN and can withdraw Paypal? So far I've done the Netspend route, but am looking for alternatives, preferably a real deal bank. I am no fraudster and can have ALL my identification info/documents notarized and verified if needed!
Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%

It doesn't look like anyone has tested this theory yet. Have you? I'm interested in trying it out. However, every bank in Canada that I've seen so far requires their version of a SSN. How do you get around that?
Old 06-22-2008

The only problem is actually with a Canadian IP. What would be the ways to get one? Lon distance dialing up doesnt work, at least for me, because it is against TOS of my phone company (ATT)
Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

I know people in Canada. The IP isn't the issue. Opening a bank account as a non Canadian citizen seems to be the issue? help?
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Opening a bank account as a non Canadian citizen seems to be the issue? help?

You will be interested in this. Scroll down to the book entitled "Invisible Money"

See Appendix A:
Canadian Bank Accounts for Non-Canadians

CanaryIslandsPress - Books by JJ Luna

Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for that. So, it is possible to open an account as an American in Canada. How do you do it though? It doesn't say? Would you need to apply for some sort of credentials? This is something worth exploring...
Old 06-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Come on people paypal canada works ;-) NO SSN ;-) I cannot belive no one is trying this
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 94%

Here's a Canadian bank that allow people to use their tax id to open a checking account.
Customer Service - Apply for Accounts
(It's the U.S. retail banking division of Royal Bank of Canada)

The only problem you'll encounter trying to open a canadian paypal account is the credit card. You can use a debit or a gift card but it must be a canadian card. They are sold at most grocery store, convenience store, gas station over here and they work with any address (you don't even have to register them lol).

EDIT: maybe you could apply for a card like that, I don't see why they would decline you since it's a secured card...
Guaranteed Secured MasterCard from Capital One Canada

Last edited by topazcorp; 06-23-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazcorp View Post
Here's a Canadian bank that allow people to use their tax id to open a checking account.
Customer Service - Apply for Accounts
(It's the U.S. retail banking division of Royal Bank of Canada)

The only problem you'll encounter trying to open a canadian paypal account is the credit card. You can use a debit or a gift card but it must be a canadian card. They are sold at most grocery store, convenience store, gas station over here and they work with any address (you don't even have to register them lol).

EDIT: maybe you could apply for a card like that, I don't see why they would decline you since it's a secured card...
Guaranteed Secured MasterCard from Capital One Canada
Why not just use US bank..