eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   using paypal just for the shipping features (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/4239-using-paypal-just-shipping-features.html)

twdell 04-25-2008 07:45 AM

using paypal just for the shipping features

in case there is anyone else out there who ships a lot of packages every day, and finds that paypal shipping is more convenient here is how i use it.

for this particular ebay account i do not accept paypal payment.( i sell adult stuff so i can't accept paypal) i was using the paypal multi-order shipping on one of my good paypal accounts. the trouble with that is though, the return address name does not match the name on the ebay account i sold the item on, and it takes way too long to enter in each persons address.

i set up a new paypal account under all of the info associated with the ebay account, and added a credit card and bank account, then verified the paypal account. i did not add a ss#, because i never plan on taking any money into that account. if i ever did it would only be few bucks here and there.

i then linked that paypal account with my ebay account, and now i can start printing shipping labels from my ebay page, and fund the shipping labels with the bank info i gave paypal. or sometimes i even add funds to the paypal account from my bank account.

i've been doing it for a couple of weeks now and it's been going smoothly. everything should stay that way as long as no large amounts of money ever come into the account.

twdell 04-26-2008 08:33 AM

it literally takes me hours of time i don't have to manually enter all of the buyer shipping info on places like stamps.com. i just can't do it. the paypal thing has been working well. i hate them, but just like ebay i have to use them.

twdell 04-27-2008 10:50 AM

i was just using my dell printer at first, but i bought a zebra 2844 thermal printer. they also allow dymo printers too. using paypal for printing labels is pretty fast. a lot better than entering all of the shipping info manually.

twdell 04-27-2008 02:16 PM

i bought a dymo, but it turned out to be not what i was looking for. it would only print the small label. i needed the 4x6 labels, so i bought the zebra. it's an awesome machine.

the paypal multi-order shipping does let you print any package and weight size, but i think if you just use the click-n-ship, then you are limited on the USPS services they allow. i think it's a trick where they only want you to use priority mail. there is no media, or parcel post options on click-n-ship.

i just print the labels from my ebay page. check off all the items that i need to ship then click print. it then routes me to my linked paypal account, and then use my bank funds to pay.

twdell 04-27-2008 05:22 PM

when i was looking to get a thermal printer i checked to see which ones were compatible with paypal, and it seemed like most of them were the 4x6. so i just went with one of those. i used to use the fedex shipping label people were selling on ebay. they are the size of a standard sheet of paper. one half was a self-sticking label and the other half was for the receipt portion of the transaction.

i don't ship anything smaller than a #0 envelope, so 4x6 the labels fit perfectly.