eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal redflag, risk alert!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/44855-paypal-redflag-risk-alert.html)

scrapdog2grand 04-05-2012 09:26 PM

Paypal redflag, risk alert!!

I just noticed this redflag on 2 accounts with payments from today.
after looking in to it on the web, this what I found. a glitch in a paypal update. I love my wife for making me look into this stuff before getting to paraniod.

Here is a copy and paste from
Another PayPal Glitch Raises Red Flags among eBay Sellers

Sellers began seeing PayPal payments flagged as risk alerts early on Thursday morning - one seller said an eBay customer service rep told him it was a false notice generated by a faulty update done on the PayPal system. Another seller said she was told it was a known issue that would be cleared up within 48 hours.

However, an alert reader noticed the problem started on the evening of April 3rd (Tuesday)!

Unlike yesterday's glitch, eBay did not post a message on its Systems Announcement board, leaving some sellers believing they had encountered some actual high risk buyers, and other sellers forced to call eBay or PayPal customer service.

An EcommerceBytes reader explained, "When you sign into your PayPal account, some payments may have red risk alert flags. When you call PayPal, there is a recording that tells you that it is a "technical issue" and that it is being looked into.. However, if you sign into your account and see the risk flags, unless you call PayPal there is no way to know that it is just a technical issue."

The technical glitches follow a major announcement about consolidating and re-branding PayPal products to "PayPal Payments." Of yesterday's glitch, a PayPal spokesperson said the technical issues were not related to PayPal and the announcement of PayPal Payments.

Sellers are much too busy to spend time investigating technical glitches, it was refreshing yesterday to see eBay notify sellers of a problem with checkout, but inexcusable that neither eBay nor PayPal posted anything about today's Red Flag problem.

GreenBean 04-05-2012 09:38 PM

Been reported on this forum for the past 23 hours. :thumb:

scrapdog2grand 04-05-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 328929)
Been reported on this forum for the past 23 hours. :thumb:

Sorry I didnt see any post about it, nor did I search, Sorry again.

GreenBean 04-05-2012 09:58 PM

I'll let you off the no search it LOL

Very helpful post tbf.

Your post had the most recent info.

Having 'info' gives us the clues to beat ebay/paypal.

:peace:

newjerseymax 04-05-2012 10:38 PM

Before I became aware (self research) I had some payment issues with a buyer and inquired about him being high risk... Not good for business....lol

accutinting 04-05-2012 11:34 PM

Yeah I just started getting slammed with these from buyers left and right within the last 24hrs and until this last one I was like ok I need to check the forum and see whats up here as I thought it was scam buyers at first thought but quick great info everyone

FandangoKango 04-06-2012 01:40 AM

Weird how I got limited yesterday then! :(

Burst 04-06-2012 08:43 AM

So it wasnt just me. I did some searching myself and found other forum posts from a while ago that are not relevant to whats happened today. I was thinking about talking with the buyer about this nice new red flag by their name. Glad I didnt. :dance:

fingerblast 04-06-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 328944)
Before I became aware (self research) I had some payment issues with a buyer and inquired about him being high risk... Not good for business....lol

I did the same thing!

motorwool 04-06-2012 12:15 PM

I got 2X red flags "risk alert" right now..appeared last night. I was freakin' out............. I guess we just ride it out and they'll fix it.