eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Avoid creating Disputes (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/45295-avoid-creating-disputes.html)

calphalon 04-18-2012 01:30 PM

Avoid creating Disputes

I recently purchased an item with PayPal and got ripped so I created a dispute about it. Yet did I know this was the worse mistake I could have ever done because after doing so they began to ask me to verify all of this:
*Photo ID
*Proof of Address
*Proof of SSN

I should gave taken the advice of getting my money out asap. Funny thing is I funded the account with GreenDot and when I called PP they told me to call GreenDot. Probably because the info I used to fund with GreenDot wasnt the same as with the PP account. I either verify all of this info or my account will be limited after 14 days. So to anyone thinking about doing a dispute should be aware of this! Regardless if you get ripped off or not..

Thankful 04-19-2012 09:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up for everyone - however i'm surprised their asking you all for all that because you created a dispute - I suppose it just brought up another matter, you dug yourself a hole :rip:

I've never used Greendot myself, but i would imagine that they offer you card details which are pretty anonymous like Entropay?

rsot 04-19-2012 11:57 AM

Welcome to the forums.

/quote

Probably because the info I used to fund with GreenDot wasnt the same as with the PP account.

No pp can't see this unless you tell them. But if your pp was not verified, you were probably classified as a risk due to nature of funding...Gree ndo t source.

BubbleTea 04-21-2012 07:42 PM

So its best to use only legit non-stealth PP to make purchases.
This way, you can open disputes and not worry about having to provide ID or anything since everything is legit.
In fact, it is best to minimise unnecessary transactions on the stealth account, I think.
More activity = more potential scrutiny = more potential trouble!

GreenBean 04-21-2012 07:48 PM

Better to operate any type of account without having disputes. :mod:

paypal will still close a 'legit' account because of disputes.

BubbleTea 04-21-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 333622)
Better to operate any type of account without having disputes. :mod:

paypal will still close a 'legit' account because of disputes.

We're talking about buyer disputes here, which we already know PP and EB are in favour of.

I'm sure nobody likes disputes, whether they are on the receiving or giving end.
Its not always our choice to have them.

GreenBean 04-21-2012 08:07 PM

Disputes are disputes.

If a seller has too many disputes, they get closed.

If a BUYER has too many disputes they get closed down too.:nono:

ovidiu 04-22-2012 01:33 AM

You know, I've always wondered about something. What if Paypal/Ebay know that some of these accounts are stealth and/or suspicious, but as long as they don't make waves, they're like "whatever, who cares?"

NoneOther 04-22-2012 08:08 AM

There is an element of truth in what you say but it is not that they don't 'care' about stealth accounts.

The KEY to stealth is STAYING UNDER THE RADAR which unfortunately too many on here seem to forget (or choose to ignore) in their hell bent quest to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, which probably got them banned in the first instance.

Any account, genuine or stealth can avoid most limitations by STAYING UNDER THE RADAR.

Running your business professionally, treating your customers well, and posting items quickly will avoid most disputes, which if they do happen, don't argue just refund and move on.

That is all that e/b and p/p really want sellers to do. Not too difficult really.

ovidiu 04-22-2012 02:58 PM

^^^^^^Thanks, you SAID it.