SSN vs EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default SSN vs EIN

With that new relationship with Paypal and IRS, I heard you have to have a SSN to make Paypal account. I've received seller restriction and am trying to make a new eBay & Paypal account with new identity, but everything passes except for the SSN. If I get a EIN from IRS and use that to create business account at Paypal, would EIN give out my name and address to Paypal exposing me to my other account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

" If I get a EIN from IRS and use that to create business account at Paypal, would EIN give out my name and address to Paypal exposing me to my other account?"

^ No. if you give out your EIN number it doesn't mean paypal can see your name address ect. And if you're making a stealth acc you dont "have" to give them your SSN or your EIN number. You can still send money sell things on ebay ect. However, if they do limit your acc and ask for your SSN then you're screwed on that acc ussually unless you call them and sweet talk your way out of it. But when I get limited and get asked for my SSN I just move on to another acc until that gets limited. Just keep making and hoping.

It's pretty rare to get limited anyways, I've only gotten limited once cause I was overly eager on a new acc. If I take things slow for a couple of weeks on new accs I'm usually free sailing from then on out unless I list vero'd items. Oh yeah dont list veros. Hope this helps.