eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal forgave me I guess (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/45834-paypal-forgave-me-i-guess.html)

radiobob 05-01-2012 05:13 PM

PayPal forgave me I guess

I'm new here, I posted over in the Ebay section and someone asked me privately about my PayPal experience, so I thought I'd just share here. I left off owing Paypal $99 in Aug of 2010.

In abut Oct. of 2011, I landed a good paying gig that would only pay thru Paypal. I was pretty worried not being able to use it would sink my job. I hadn't been in a position to pay them before but at that time I had the opportunity to do so.

I searched for their phone numbers and found them. I called customer service, then had to call their collection agency, and explained my situation. They basically said no problem and I paid them and got an unlimited account back.
Not my old account for some reason, but I had already created another. I called them like 3 times just to verify that if I paid I would have an unlimited account, they said the same thing each time. I haven't had a problem so far.

I was pretty skeptical, after reading what I had about them I thought for sure they would limit it regardless of what they said, but so far so good. Now I have to worry about Ebay.

Bob

BigCJ 05-01-2012 06:57 PM

Welcome to the forum. (Waiting for rsot? lol)

Congrats on getting your accounts back.

Paypal is like a shark. Don't take them lightly, they could nibble you or totally rip you apart at anytime. Even if you paid your fees.

My advice would be to buy the stealth guide, just in case, so you can learn what a lot of us have to do to get by with these funky companies.

rsot 05-01-2012 07:25 PM

Welcome to the forums. This is a nice success story. Operate the account wisely. While I would not go gung ho, do pat yourself on the back for the friendly push back and reinstatement.

Is the account ID verified? All the best.

:yar: cjmixers

moneyhustler88 05-01-2012 08:13 PM

wow thats mad..you did well to get reinstated!:violin:

radiobob 05-01-2012 09:12 PM

Are you guys messing with me? I swear to God I'm not a troll trying to play up Paypal. Although I could see how you might think that. Seriously. Damn, now I feel like everybody's looking at me:) Don't mine me, I just drank a NattyDaddy. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with Paypal or Ebay in anyway, except as a consumer. Reminds me of back in the day when everyone thought that a cop had to admit they were on if you asked them. Yeah right.

Bob

GreenBean 05-01-2012 11:07 PM

That explains it.

NattyDaddys cloud the brain :boink:

In comparison with others you have been very lucky.

Be appreciative of that.

BUT be warned paypal may not treat you well in future.:amen:

AmazonStealth 05-02-2012 01:20 AM

A good paying job through paypal?....sketchy

cainhoffman 05-02-2012 03:42 AM

Paypal forgave you for paying them back? More like you gave them what they wanted and they said "ok" for now.

I say it's all part of the game, welcome back for a round 2 of playing.:violin:

rsot 05-02-2012 09:15 AM

@radiobob, not messing with you - regardless of success I always take PP with a grain of salt. Now that you got reinstated, follow stealth and make backups.

radiobob 05-02-2012 11:37 AM

It was a pretty good gig. I was working for a fairly large SEO company doing backlinks to forums like this one:) and also writing article content. They were paying $11 for a PR0 link, on up from there. But Panda and now Penguin did us in, they cut us off as of 4/16. Now I'm trying to do other online work, getting some article writing stuff, but Paypal is essential, that's what most people want to use and I don't even know if I can get a bank account anymore. I do intend to follow the advice on this forum and cover my ass. It's too important, I don't trust them. I only started this thread because someone PM'd me to see if they really would take a payoff and re-instate your account. It seemed they didn't think it was possible.

Bob

rsot 05-02-2012 11:43 AM

You could find other payment processors that will accept pa yp al payments...

radiobob 05-02-2012 08:40 PM

Rsot, I'll consider that, problem is a lot of the jobs I'm putting in for insist on Paypal, and the job I'm hoping to get this week insists on a bank account, which I haven't had in a long time and don't know if I can still get one. I don't know if they'll tale online accounts or not. I will look into the alternatives though.

Bob

rsot 05-03-2012 09:48 AM

There are various payment processors that will ACCEPT pp and get you your cash.