eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Withdraw Additional Funds During Escalated Claim.. ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/47245-withdraw-additional-funds-during-escalated-claim.html)

sc6331 06-07-2012 09:25 PM

Withdraw Additional Funds During Escalated Claim.. ?

An international buyer opened a case against me (I've learned my lesson not to get involved with any further international transactions from now on). I rarely get any type of disputes or cases (the case amount was for around $800). My Paypal balance was negative for a short while, but I've covered the negative amount with payments I've received for other items over the past few days. Now I have around $700 in the account on top of that which is NOT being used to cover the claim and I don't want Paypal to keep it's greedy paws on it. It is available for withdrawl, but the question is should I withdraw it? I am nervous to transfer this to my bank account when the "Not As Described" claim is still open because I might be limited. I basically need clarification on this as I would like to clear funds as soon as possible (person left negative feedback as well which will most likely be removed, still at 99% though; currently covering it up with positives from other methods but we all know how things can have a domino effect).

I'm currently waiting for the item to be sent back (I am in the item return stage). I am not concerned about the return of the item (I have since cancelled it due to the customer being a bad apple), I'm moreso concerned about withdrawl. Would it be safe to extract these funds now, or wait until the case / claim is over, or will I be screwed either way.. ? The account is a matured stealth account and probably about over or around 3 years old with a registered and legitimate business. There is no EIN or TAX ID on file though; I've been holding off on handing that over until it is absolutely required.

Quote:

Complaints - Any complaint is not good news. If you have any outstanding complaints on your account, be sure to resolve them within due course. If you have several outstanding complaints, and you try to make a withdrawal - it's likely you will get a limitation. For all paypal know, you could need to refund £400 worth of payments, and you try to withdraw, and bugger off with the funds. It's not going to happen. Clearly not getting any complaints in the first place will be the easiest thing, but if you do, resolve them as quickly as possible.
I have seen the advice above on another board referring to "Complaints," however it mentions multiple complaints. I only have one dispute case open on my Paypal end, so I'm not sure if this still applies.

I will thoroughly inspect each response here before taking any action..
Thank you.

oge 06-07-2012 10:47 PM

From my experience and what I've seen lately any account with a negative balance especially with a dispute open they pull the trigger = limitation. You get screwed either way it's a learning experience pick your poison. Personally if it was me I would leave the funds to cover the dispute. Hard to build up a long term Paypal

Good Luck!

elitepowersales 06-07-2012 11:25 PM

Cash out the balance in a way they can not reverse and be prepared to close your linked bank account and credit card and walk away from the account. Otherwise if the account is real info or you want to keep it, be prepared to eat a $810 dollar lose. (Extra $10 is service charge for paypal screwing you)

sc6331 06-08-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oge (Post 348256)
From my experience and what I've seen lately any account with a negative balance especially with a dispute open they pull the trigger = limitation. You get screwed either way it's a learning experience pick your poison. Personally if it was me I would leave the funds to cover the dispute. Hard to build up a long term Paypal

Good Luck!

Perhaps I was unclear earlier.

.. I've already covered the dispute, twice.. I have $700 available balance in there with the dispute open, the amount on hold was already covered.

sc6331 06-08-2012 12:06 PM

(Had to repost since the edit option was removed..)

Perhaps I was unclear earlier.. I've already covered the dispute, basically twice (with other customers sending in payments, not my own bank). I have $700 available balance in there with the dispute open, the amount on hold (negative balance) was already covered and only made my account dip to -$100 before it got covered by other customers payments (I had money in the account when the dispute was filed, no biggie). I'm in the clear $700 ahead right now as the available balance..

The point being, since this is an official business, I have a lot of money flowing to this account and it has high limits (I am able to transfer $5K in a 24 hr period without problems normally). This is also an account I went through another dispute with once, but I never withdrawed; it is not likely to be limited due to some of the petty stuff some new accounts go through so that is what makes me unsure; it's not so very clear if this is a trigger anymore. I was just concerned about the case being still open and effecting the overall outcome of a withdrawl during it since I've never done it before.

The situation played out as follows:
1. Customer files dispute / case, account balance goes to about -$100..
2. Somewhere along the line, customer decided to escalate to a claim; I agreed to refund upon receipt of shipment.
3. I get paid by other customers in the meantime, one raises it to $300, the other to $700 afterwards.
End result, dispute is still open (while waiting for the shipment), but now on the final step and awaiting receipt..

Can I withdraw the $700? Anyone have a 'higher-end' account like this? Still a no?

oompaloompa 06-09-2012 04:31 PM

if the dispute amount is covered, I doubt they will care about you withdrawing any other amounts, maybe withdraw in 2 lots though, instead of all in one go....

newjerseymax 06-09-2012 04:42 PM

I would go on as normal... Do as you usually would. If you withdraw nightly then wait til then. Just do not do anything drastic. Best advice is probably withdraw part of it...