eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   US Bank Account,IRS, ACH and Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/47811-us-bank-account-irs-ach-paypal.html)

jogitoxxx 06-22-2012 02:27 PM

US Bank Account,IRS, ACH and Paypal

Hello
I have some question, maybe someone can help.

I have some money in my Paypal account (10,000+) that I want to transfer to my bank (bank of america)
my paypal acc is verified, i have transferred money before, (a couple of hundreds)

1- Should I transfer all the money at once??
2- I know if you hit the limit of 10,000 in CASH deposit, the bank sends a report to the IRS..does this apply for ACH transfer also??
3- whats the best way to transfer money to bank without being flag by paypal, example:less than 1000 every week??

thanks =}

StealthAssassin 06-22-2012 05:29 PM

you WILL be limited immediately if you try to transfer even a quarter of that to a bank account.

It's insane that you would even leave that amount of money in a paypal account

BiN4RY 06-22-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthAssassin (Post 352863)
you WILL be limited immediately if you try to transfer even a quarter of that to a bank account.

It's insane that you would even leave that amount of money in a paypal account

Nonsense.

Paypal would not limit you for bank withdrawals if you've received these funds after a reasonable amount of time, and are legitimate funds.

jogitoxxx 06-22-2012 06:05 PM

thanks for the reply,

I have been receiving this money for several months, from eBay sales, i have 100% positive feedback and always ship items with signature confirmation to avoid any problem.
I have received some charge backs from credit card companies, but since I ship with signature confirmation paypal releases my money the same day.

what about my bank? if I transfer all the money they will report the transaction??

thanks

Bunneh 06-22-2012 06:09 PM

I have found when i withdraw a large sum from paypal, it usually trips the security check which times out after 72hours and then gets transferred anyway.

So since your account is reasonably old, it shouldn't be a problem. However it might look suspect if you withdraw the whole $10000.. so i would do it in random amounts to be safe, because if you dont withdraw for 7 months and then next thing you withdrawing the whole $10k.... you get my point

GreenBean 06-22-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jogitoxxx (Post 352833)
Hello
I have some question, maybe someone can help.

I have some money in my Paypal account (10,000+) that I want to transfer to my bank (bank of america)
my paypal acc is verified, i have transferred money before, (a couple of hundreds)

1- Should I transfer all the money at once??
2- I know if you hit the limit of 10,000 in CASH deposit, the bank sends a report to the IRS..does this apply for ACH transfer also??
3- whats the best way to transfer money to bank without being flag by paypal, example:less than 1000 every week??

thanks =}

Correct figure is $5000.
Dont forget if you earn money, you pay taxes :)

jogitoxxx 06-22-2012 06:24 PM

I got your point, and yes my paypal account is like 6 years old and never had a problem with it.

well I'll withdraw the money in parts to avoid any problem.

@GreenBean™ ..what you say is: If I transfer more than 5000 to my bank, they will report the transaction to the IRS??, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 352874)
I have found when i withdraw a large sum from paypal, it usually trips the security check which times out after 72hours and then gets transferred anyway.

So since your account is reasonably old, it shouldn't be a problem. However it might look suspect if you withdraw the whole $10000.. so i would do it in random amounts to be safe, because if you dont withdraw for 7 months and then next thing you withdrawing the whole $10k.... you get my point

jeffweico 06-22-2012 06:26 PM

ACH deposits are not considered cash and do not trigger the Cash Transaction Reporting. HOWEVER - your bank is obligated to report ANY suspicious transaction over $5,000 regardless of the source of funds. Will your bank view it that way? Who knows. The law is written so broadly, almost ANY transaction could be considered suspicious. But if your bank account has been linked to the PayPal account for a long time, it would probably look OK, even with a large amount.

Still, Greenbean is correct about the taxes. The filing of a CTR or SAR does NOT mean you have done anything wrong or that you are in any trouble. But if the IRS finds income that you did not report, then you are in for a whole WORLD of TROUBLE! As long as you are propertly reporting and paying your taxes, and the money involved is from normal eBay sales, you should be just fine.

jogitoxxx 06-22-2012 06:33 PM

thanks for the advice :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 352880)
ACH deposits are not considered cash and do not trigger the Cash Transaction Reporting. HOWEVER - your bank is obligated to report ANY suspicious transaction over $5,000 regardless of the source of funds. Will your bank view it that way? Who knows. The law is written so broadly, almost ANY transaction could be considered suspicious. But if your bank account has been linked to the PayPal account for a long time, it would probably look OK, even with a large amount.

Still, Greenbean is correct about the taxes. The filing of a CTR or SAR does NOT mean you have done anything wrong or that you are in any trouble. But if the IRS finds income that you did not report, then you are in for a whole WORLD of TROUBLE! As long as you are propertly reporting and paying your taxes, and the money involved is from normal eBay sales, you should be just fine.

jogitoxxx 07-18-2012 03:13 PM

transferred all the money to my bank without any problem,
amounts under $1000 ;)

thanks

astralman 07-19-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jogitoxxx (Post 360996)
transferred all the money to my bank without any problem,
amounts under $1000 ;)

thanks

was this a ssn verified paypal account?

shearerpipes 07-19-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 352867)
Nonsense.

Paypal would not limit you for bank withdrawals if you've received these funds after a reasonable amount of time, and are legitimate funds.

I agree 100%. I just transferred $23,546 and received my money exactly 31 hours after i transferred it. I Have done this at least 8 times a year or more with this amount or larger.. I Never even received a call asking if I made any transactions or to verify last 5 transactions. Nothing.

shearerpipes 07-20-2012 09:45 AM

good luck though....