Tax ID request at LOW AMOUNT OF SALES - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%

I just purchase that guide, and most of the info inside I already know, from dealing with PP and eBay. I figure it out on my own about how eBay and PP can link accounts, and how to make new bank account, link credit card, lift limit, etc. I learn all of that last year after my main and only account (also income source) got limited.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Yea, I know it. When I purchased the guide my stealth. I only learned one thing. But that one thing was well worth the $50 I spent. Was having accounts linked left and right years ago cause of Flash Cookies. Was a life savor. I always suggest people get it as a guide to the stealth world even if lots of it is stuff you already know.
Old 02-25-2013

Longevity: 76%

I agree most guide common sense if long timer. But there a few things that makes it worth it. I just wish had where could print it as my antivirus hates the file.
Old 02-25-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukinara View Post
I just purchase that guide, and most of the info inside I already know, from dealing with PP and eBay. I figure it out on my own about how eBay and PP can link accounts, and how to make new bank account, link credit card, lift limit, etc. I learn all of that last year after my main and only account (also income source) got limited.
Because you invested in that Guide you now have access to this forum and the subscriber section which is worth 100x what you paid.

No whining about the Guide.

PP and EB change almost weekly. That's why Aspkin created this forum.
Old 02-27-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Just some new information I want to share with everyone.

I have been pounding this subject for a long while here on the board to help people.

As a person who loves to test things, I test all kinds of ways to see what the results are so I can fully understand how and why things happen.

I posted a long time ago that I very good tax professional told me that this tax issues is merely the IRS putting ebay and paypal into the corner and telling them if you have someone who has both 200 items sold and 20,000 in sales they will required that that seller be sent the 1099 for tax purpose.

But----

I was also told that ebay and paypal decided they were not going to miss anyone who has the "potential" of hitting those numbers and will be ahead of the system if they force those who have the "potential" to meet these two to hand over your SSN, EIN or whatever.

This is why so many are getting the request for such low amounts. eb and pp want to be ready for you in case you do hit those numbers.

Sure some have been lucky enough to sell way past those numbers and not get hit with it but it is purely luck and they missed you. The same reason they decided to hit those "potential" sellers early.

Now the issues and the proof.

This week I have received several orders for accounts from 4 different people who got the request for SSN and all had their accounts limited shortly after not giving them the SSN. One I think said it was 2 months they kept on selling etc and then they limited the account with 3500 in it.

With that being said here is the perfect example.

I asked each one of them "How many items did you sell and what was your sales amounts?" All four were way below the 200 and 20k. Not one understood how this works and the misconception posted by some had allowed these people to think they had to hit both numbers to get the SSN request and that is simply incorrect. When you hit both number you will get the 1099 sent.

Now onto the juicy part.

I have posted about everyone needing multiple accounts to spread your sales out to stay under the radar. And one poster mentioned it was crazy to have large amounts of accounts.

Well, it is not crazy, it is smart business. Why? because if you are not prepared for the future and with eb and pp changing things almost daily then you might as well go work at Burger King because any smart business owner would know to be prepared for the worst and take advantage of today.

I have huge numbers of accounts for various reasons but for me I sell on avg 20 accounts per week and rotate to another group and then another group. Selling on hundreds of accounts I only have received the request for SSN one single time on hundreds of accounts and thousands of items sold.

And I dont get limited, I dont lose accounts and I have tested and worked on this subject for a while and find that everyone here needs back ups and multiple accounts.

How many you need needs to be based on what your prediction of sales might be in a year. Like me I sell thousands of items in a year, have thousands of items in stock and need tons of accounts to spread my sales out.

For others it could be you only need a few because you only sell a couple hundred items.

But I hope I have taught people enough to understand that you need to adjust your business plans according this this information and be prepared for today but also be prepared for the future.

Good luck everyone with your business. I wish everyone success and hope my thoughts help someone build a prosperous business now and into the future.

I see it as another win for team Aspkin members!

Sandy
Old 02-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

The bar requesting the tax ID doesn't really mean much. I have had it on all my stealth accounts for the past few years after a thousand dollars or so in sales. Like Sandy says it is based on projections. What they do throughout the year is average your sales month by month to project if you will hit the threshold.

My experience has been try to even the sales out as much as possible. Last year I did have an account limited in Dec from receiving funds and closing the account. I had something like 400 transaction and 18.8 or 18.9k in sales. They account was reinstated late Jan right after the 1099k were electronically filed for everyone over the threshold. I still have the bar requesting the tax id all the time. For the most part I would be most worried about getting something like the death penalty from PayPal because of the reporting for selling too much on PayPals less than a year old.

This is where Sandy is correct. You should multiple stealth's ready to go based on how much you believe you are going to sell. You should also have overflow ones in case if you start selling too much in a single month or short period of time you can slow it down and move some items to another account.

When PayPal limits you for getting close to the threshold I think they do it to make sure you don't go over and they get dinged for non-compliance. This is with accounts that have a several years history in good standing with eBay and PayPal. Because of that I think they see them as assets and income stream that is why my account was reinstated. I will say it again, I would be worried about selling too much on a PayPal with less than a years selling history.

Last edited by vogeltron; 02-28-2013 at 03:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-28-2013)
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 73%

why can't you just get tax IDs and pay your taxes?

create steaths as a business.. get tax ID's and pay tax when the time comes.
Old 03-01-2013

You want to pay taxes on hundreds of thousands of dollars? Go right ahead....

That's the dilemma I am in at the moment...trying to decide whether I want to continue selling on this one account and have sales reported and pay taxes next year OR stop selling under the 200 transaction mark and move on.
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
This is why I always tell people to spread out sales over many accounts.

I think the record here of getting the IRS request has been as low as 110 items sold and the amount someone else reported was around 5,000 in sales.

It is the POTENTIAL of you hitting the 200/20k that pps is looking at.

If you sell 100 items this month and say 75 next month you most likely will get the request. Because you have the "potential" of already hitting their numbers and they want to be ready for you because of their IRS requirements.
And a fitting closing statement to a good thread.

Earn money pay taxes.

Keep your thoughts to yourself as well.

Closed Thread