eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   We made 2 small deposits into your bank account. (We retrieved them soon afterwards.) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/48686-we-made-2-small-deposits-into-your-bank-account-we-retrieved-them-soon-afterwards.html)

astralman 07-16-2012 11:43 PM

We made 2 small deposits into your bank account. (We retrieved them soon afterwards.)

Dear xxx
Now that you've linked your bank account, please confirm this account to:

Make payments from your bank account.
Transfer money between your bank and your PayPal account.
Become verified and remove your spending limit.

We made 2 small deposits (less than $1.00 USD) into your bank account. (We retrieved them soon afterwards.)

And the rest of the email continues.

So does this mean they will retrieve my deposits after I confirm my bank account or how does this work? It says we retrieved them so that means they already took them bank, but im still waiting on the deposits to show on my account.

Does this also depend what bank is used?

rsot 07-17-2012 09:34 AM

Yes - welcome to the forums. PP has been doing the 2 deposits and then removing them regularly these days.

All the best.

igotsuspended 09-13-2012 03:01 AM

Old thread, but I have a question.
I received 2 small deposits today along with a withdraw back in the amount of both deposits.
My question is, since PP withdraw them back, will real name and other info on bank be exposed to them?

rsot 09-13-2012 06:12 AM

It can be exposed since a receipt is generated but will it cause problems? Maybe not since it was one time. Only time will tell for 100%

GrannyT 09-13-2012 06:46 AM

Has there been any bad experiences with this?

Does this also happen in the UK? I have not had to do it for a few months so I'm out of the loop with this

:ranger:

Elijah 09-13-2012 07:24 AM

It has never happened to me, no. And their deposits are therefore a nice little earner for me.

igotsuspended 09-13-2012 12:52 PM

But not now, Elijah.
They take out what they put in at the same time.
Now is the time to wait my account gets limited.:pry:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 376169)
It has never happened to me, no. And their deposits are therefore a nice little earner for me.

Ebayorbust 09-13-2012 12:59 PM

This withdrawing of the deposits by paypal is not happening in the UK (at least not yet anyway).

GreenBean 09-13-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 376251)
But not now, Elijah.
They take out what they put in at the same time.
Now is the time to wait my account gets limited.:pry:

Check the country flag.

UK paypal does not have this problem yet

USA does :peace:

yang77win 09-14-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 376344)
Check the country flag.

UK paypal does not have this problem

I think, the solution is to contact your bank in advance. Tell them to not allow any auto-withdraws except by permission. So, PP could only deposit but not withdraw.

Yes, Im in the USA...this is news to me.

igotsuspended 09-14-2012 01:37 AM

If they can put it in, they definitely can take it out.
They do it now in US, then they will do the same for other countries too sooner or later.
Everyone doesn't want to loose their money.
Not just PayPal, many other financial companies do like this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 376344)
Check the country flag.

UK paypal does not have this problem

GreenBean 09-14-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yang77win (Post 376423)
I think, the solution is to contact your bank in advance. Tell them to not allow any auto-withdraws except by permission. So, PP could only deposit but not withdraw.

Yes, Im in the USA...this is news to me.

Oh? That will not work. By accepting the T&S of paypal you allow them to touch your bank accounts.:juggle:

Cashew 09-14-2012 02:38 AM

E bay deposited the two small amounts into my two latest accounts and took the money back the next day.

The did this to another account that i'm using regularly about 6 months ago and i haven't had a problem yet.

I thought when they receive money from your bank.....it gives them your real name.

I would've been nailed right there.

It has got to be automatically cross referenced for suspended or whatever names. Don't it ?

I just keep my fingers crossed every time i log in nowadays.

I try and not ruffle any feathers with them

They seem to be leaving me alone.

Yes, you can go to your bank and tell them to not do any withdrawals, but i think P aypal will shut you down immediately when try to get their .15 cents back, and can't. Or at the very least, do a personal look at your account.

GreenBean 09-14-2012 02:52 AM

Cashew,

Which bank did you use for EBAY to do this?

paypal is the usual party.:juggle:

yang77win 09-15-2012 02:04 PM

I would like to know for certain. Perhaps pay-pal is applying an automatic debit and from my understanding an account holder can apply what is called: “revocation of authority” to stop per-authorized debit.

A description of the procedure to stop pre-authorised debit payment is shown in the USA department of treasury website. Answers about Automatic Withdrawals and Pre-Authorized Payments

Obviously it is not a benefit if pp, finds out that it was done and flags the account.

Shadowmoe7 09-15-2012 05:22 PM

if you dont input the small deposits
there going to retake the money

Cashew 09-18-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 376442)
Cashew,

Which bank did you use for EBAY to do this?

paypal is the usual party.:juggle:

i am currently using local banks.

there are a few branches of chemical or isabella banks

They are not national banks

i think chemical has about 20 or so branches in mi and isabella only has about a dozen branches

both will let me have as many accounts as i want

makaveliagain 09-21-2012 04:11 AM

I had this happen for the first time in my 5+ year stealth career. Lol not :(. I upgraded a PayPal I have had idol in advance to use. I added the bank and same thing happened to me. I got the two bank deposits of .10 and .07 cent Credit then I got got the .17 cent Debit which has gone to I have no idea where. I was able to confirm the gift-card I am using for the credit card and have the $1.95 credited back to my account so I am a verified member. However, the debit on the paypal bank confirmation has me spooked. I never had this happen before. My accounts are still in good standing but this is first I have seen. For those wondering it was a Chase account.

justj 10-25-2012 05:59 AM

PrePaid

I use a prepaid card that has an ACH for direct deposits. this is where i have paypal money go then spend it from there. i used ACH # for them to send the 2 deposits to, received deposits but they have not tried to remove yet(and when they do they cant as the card wont let them naturally) we will see how this goes... currently verified but juts did this a day ago :typing:

user3657 10-26-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justj (Post 387083)
I use a prepaid card that has an ACH for direct deposits. this is where i have paypal money go then spend it from there. i used ACH # for them to send the 2 deposits to, received deposits but they have not tried to remove yet(and when they do they cant as the card wont let them naturally) we will see how this goes... currently verified but juts did this a day ago :typing:

care to post which prepaid? :)

unkown5454 10-26-2012 11:42 AM

Yes, also interested in which one.

BigCJ 10-26-2012 01:31 PM

Ill give you a list of the cards. All prepaid.

Account now
Smione
Kaiku
Halogen card
Mpower
Onewest bank

These are the cards that I personally use and they have NOT taken the deposits back.But, I personally have a habit of not activating the card until I am right at the add bank account page.