eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Buying from China and selling on eBay with same account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/48871-buying-china-selling-ebay-same-account.html)

mcmx 07-21-2012 05:53 PM

Buying from China and selling on eBay with same account?

I buy a ton of blanks t-shirts from a place in China because they are really cheap yet sufficient quality. Long story short, I use them for the shirts I make and then sell on eBay.

If someone opens a dispute for whatever reason, will PayPal take note that I've recently done transactions with a Chinese user? Would that raise any flags to them? You know, since China gets a bad rep for a lot of stuff.

Am I better off to buy my stuff from China with one PayPal account? And then re-sell the items with another account to receive the money from sales?

Hopefully you know what I mean. Thanks

BigCJ 07-21-2012 06:53 PM

Keep things clean. Keep things cool. And most of all, KEEP THINGS SEPERATE!

Paypal is no fool when it comes to buying things, especially from china.
They automatically assume branded/coun ter feit goods around 95% of the time from orders coming from china.

Just open a buyers account. Dont screw up a good sellers account with an error like that.:nono:

Even if your real info is banned, you can still buy stuff. Paypal has no problem with you spending your hard earned cash, but making it is a whole other animal

ps: sorry for the caps...I am drinking a margarita...kinda tipsy...

MM78 07-21-2012 07:03 PM

CJMIXERS, be careful this guy doesn't like to be told the truth. Might even call you crazy!

GreenBean 07-21-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm (Post 361930)
I buy a ton of blanks t-shirts from a place in China because they are really cheap yet sufficient quality. Long story short, I use them for the shirts I make and then sell on eBay.

If someone opens a dispute for whatever reason, will PayPal take note that I've recently done transactions with a Chinese user? Would that raise any flags to them? You know, since China gets a bad rep for a lot of stuff.

Am I better off to buy my stuff from China with one PayPal account? And then re-sell the items with another account to receive the money from sales?

Always always ALWAYS better to have everything separate.

Crazy idea to have on one paypal account a record of your transactions. Why?
If it ever came to needing to supply info to paypal you could not. ;) They would already know too much :pout:
Much wiser to have different accounts

LoopHole 07-22-2012 01:03 AM

" Don't **** where you eat "

Lheonard 07-22-2012 04:03 AM

^ What part would be considered as ****ting? Buying or selling? :)

GrannyT 07-22-2012 05:13 AM

I made the mistake some time ago of buying and selling on the same account. It was only cheap stuff to build the account. Nothing happened fortunately but I certainly would not do it now

GreenBean 07-22-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan Doe (Post 362032)
^ What part would be considered as ****ting? Buying or selling? :)

Contamination of the entire scene......:deadhorse:

rsot 07-22-2012 07:09 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep things clean. Keep things cool. And most of all, KEEP THINGS SEPERATE!

From cjmixers, :thumb: that`s ALL that needs to be said.

arpichelago 07-22-2012 03:33 PM

I buy "some technical objects" which have 2 circuit boards, 1 plugged into the 2nd. The 2nd board is bigger and surrounds the 1st, its a weird board that is basically an adapter to make the 1st compatible with servers and is entirely useless to me (can't even seem to sell them).
I unplug the 1st board, remove some model numbers (you brand your merchandise, I unbrand mine) and sell boards these to laptop users (with which they are fully compatible and working after the modifications).

Additionally, the single board shares a model number with the assembly of 2 boards... However one of the modifications I do consists of changing the "firmware" of the board which changes the actual hardware IDs as they show in the system. So I don't sell them based that model number but rather one I have chosen, in fact one from a different product line (though not a different manufacturer of course).

Also additionally, my merchandise is originally branded as 1 company, similar to Dell, and I market entirely to other laptop brands which are somewhat more rare and high end.

I know what you're thinking, it sounds like I'm admitting to being a complete scammer, but the merchandise is NOT fa ked. The HARDWARE is the same at the very base level, so when all's said and done it functions exactly the same as "the real thing". There is actually no way I know of to determine that they were anything other than the real thing.
You can't really fa ke computer parts if they work. But this is somewhat beside my point.

For all these reasons, I think my case is an exception. I buy and sell them on the same ebay account in large quantities.
The type of people who buy my items are EXTREMELY concerned with compatibility and (should) resort to visuals. The items as they are originally listed do not show the 1st circuit board or slot it fits in and do not have any of laptop brands I sell to or any of the compatibility information in the listing.

So, to make this seem like less of a threadjack, what I'm saying is you could always do something else to the T shirts to make it not so obvious that you were reselling the chinese sellers items, such as dying them or cutting long sleeved shirts to make short sleeved ones.

Imposter 07-24-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm (Post 361930)

please please please tell me that the t-shirts you bought were not from dhgate or tradetang or any of them other counterfeit goods china websites. If you did your screwed !!!

PP knows these websites & knows 99% of the goods on there are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
:>