eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal eCheque Vs Bank deposit / Internet funds transfer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/4973-paypal-echeque-vs-bank-deposit-internet-funds-transfer.html)

jscan 06-04-2008 08:19 AM

Paypal eCheque Vs Bank deposit / Internet funds transfer

Paypal faster, reliable, secure, more convenient? please..

So in Australia soon it will be paypal only, other payment options are still usable until june 16th when it'll be paypal ONLY.

But every single one of my buyers have used paypal echeque to make payment which is so frustrating because it can take 4-6 days to clear when Internet banking / branch deposit can be either instant or 1-2 days to clear.

im bamboozled how they'd rather use paypal and wait up to 6 days for the payment to clear rather then do a banking transfer, its a joke.

Has anyone else from Australia had there customers only using paypal now?
i bet my DSR are going to take a battering when it comes to postage time, what a joke

daowen 06-06-2008 11:22 AM

Ouch...

Currently all my payments have been through balances on the account. It makes it easier for the buyer to say "Fast shipping!"

The debiting of accounts is almost instantaneous. The problem is that PP sends a debit file at the end of the day to their bank and has to wait for 3-5 days to make sure non come back NSF. That is why they put pending confirmation on the payment.

It is a little trickier here in Canada. A person has up to 45 days to contest a debit on their account. If the debit is through automatic payment (electronically in file form) the account holder just fills out a little form at the branch saying "Unauthorized debit" and their bank legally has to credit the payment back to them. The notice of the reversal is sent back to the initiating institute via a paper form only and can take up to 5 days to be processed by that bank. Then the client has to pick up the paper return and trace it back to the reversal and the client that did the reversal.

Doug