eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Question about "Significantly Not As Described" (SNAD) Claims (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/50542-question-about-significantly-not-described-snad-claims.html)

Ballsack 09-07-2012 01:30 AM

Question about "Significantly Not As Described" (SNAD) Claims

I know how it used to work. If the buyer claims this pp will usually just close the case in your favor. I recently had one esclated to a claim a few days ago, but it hasn't been closed by pp. What should be my next step?

GrannyT 09-07-2012 04:23 AM

SNAD claims are very toxic.

In the event that I get one I refund asap.

If it's a pricey item I wait for the return - but I pay the return postage as well

I don't mind not arrived claims but SNAD can show abuse of the description and might not be viewed in a favourable light

rsot 09-07-2012 05:15 AM

Nicely stated GTran

Ballsack 09-07-2012 06:47 AM

I forgot to state that this was not an ebay purchase.

Emanresu 09-07-2012 04:19 PM

I always thought the same as the OP, that PP would just close the case right away. That must not be the case though. I had two of them recently. Both were Craigslist purchases. Both were shipped right away. PP sided with the purchaser on both cases. I was not even given a chance to reply. Luckily I had already received the money on the very large purchase and I just let that PP account die and closed the bank account that went to it.

Ballsack 09-07-2012 06:36 PM

The reason I ask is because I've had past SNADs settled in my favor, and want to know if there have been any changes in this policy since then. I haven't had one of these in a while, but you will get the occasional scammer, or idiot that has no clue what they're buying.

GreenBean 09-07-2012 07:15 PM

Off ebay, it's a lot different. :juggle:

Ballsack 09-08-2012 07:30 PM

I just went thru my old paypal emails and noticed that as of november 2010 pp changed their policy and are protecting buyers who file SNADs. I'm guessing that they are no longer protecting sellers anymore like they used to and I'm going to lose my current dispute regardless of whether the item was purchased on ebay or not. :pout:

unkown5454 09-08-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 374792)
I just went thru my old paypal emails and noticed that as of november 2010 pp changed their policy and are protecting buyers who file SNADs. I'm guessing that they are no longer protecting sellers anymore like they used to and I'm going to lose my current dispute regardless of whether the item was purchased on ebay or not. :pout:

That's been my experience.

GreenBean 09-08-2012 08:14 PM

Please, paypal have never protected anyone but paypal :fight:

They apply 'one' rule one day & another rule the next.

Constant battle to keep ahead of them:deadhorse:

makaveliagain 09-09-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 374315)
SNAD claims are very toxic.

In the event that I get one I refund asap.

If it's a pricey item I wait for the return - but I pay the return postage as well

I don't mind not arrived claims but SNAD can show abuse of the description and might not be viewed in a favourable light

Yea, you are better off just asking the buyer to return the item for a full refund. If you have a legitimate standing it might be worth fighting. But, you always risk them refunding them and you being out the item and shipping. Normally, unless it is something obviously wrong with the buyer I just ask them to return the item for a refund. If you get to many of these Paypal will limit your account.

slim jim 09-10-2012 09:09 AM

Do not use the 'issue refund' method and instead use the 'send money' option and paypal will not know that it is a refund :)

imjustme 09-10-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim jim (Post 375176)
Do not use the 'issue refund' method and instead use the 'send money' option and paypal will not know that it is a refund :)

If you do that and then the buyer also opens a dispute and wins it, you end up losing the money twice.

slim jim 09-10-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 375230)
If you do that and then the buyer also opens a dispute and wins it, you end up losing the money twice.

no that is not true you can easily proove that the $ was refunded by giving them the transaction id

imjustme 09-10-2012 01:47 PM

True, but it's up to PayPal if they end up siding with you on the issue or not. I did that once about 2 years ago and PayPal ended up refunding the buyer twice anyways. When I complained and said that they just refunded the buyer twice, they said that I should always refund the original transaction. And I never got the money back. Luckily it was only about $20.

slim jim 09-10-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 375258)
True, but it's up to PayPal if they end up siding with you on the issue or not. I did that once about 2 years ago and PayPal ended up refunding the buyer twice anyways. When I complained and said that they just refunded the buyer twice, they said that I should always refund the original transaction. And I never got the money back. Luckily it was only about $20.

yea i am sorry you are right. i tend to stray off from the paypal way of thinking and sometimes think rationally ! :)

unkown5454 09-10-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 375258)

This is correct. Any other way is just screwing yourself out of the same transaction twice.