eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Some questions for the experts about my new Paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/51125-some-questions-experts-about-my-new-paypal-account.html)

survivorfan1985 09-24-2012 12:10 PM

Some questions for the experts about my new Paypal account

Ok, so I opened a new Ebay account and a new Paypal account. I would like to get some advice before I proceed. I need to know if I have to link a bank account to my paypal to be able to sell?

I have never used one of those Green Dot cards and I'd prefer not to get tied up with all the fees and loading of those cards. I want to start over so what's the best way?

Do I have to match the name on my Paypal with whatever bank account I use? Is there a pre-paid card with no hassles and no monthly fee? And finally, how can I get the $500 transfer limit lifted when I do start fresh?

Thanks,
Keith

SUVE 09-24-2012 12:21 PM

You can sell on US eb/pp a/c without a bank account attached.

However, you will need a bank account attached for fund withdrawal from PP itself.

GreenBean 09-24-2012 08:26 PM

Maybe define exactly what you plan to do to ensure the advice is suitable :juggle:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-buy-ebay.html

rsot 09-25-2012 05:05 AM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as your read around.

VERIFIED pp with bank account is important to start with - for you right now.

Your questions are all basic and have been addressed many times here - looking forward to your contributions Keith

makaveliagain 09-26-2012 03:13 AM

If you sell more than a few hundred dollars worth of items Paypal will request you add a bank account otherwise they will limit your account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 379092)
You can sell on US eb/pp a/c without a bank account attached.

However, you will need a bank account attached for fund withdrawal from PP itself.

SUVE 09-26-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makaveliagain (Post 379518)
If you sell more than a few hundred dollars worth of items Paypal will request you add a bank account otherwise they will limit your account.

^^That is correct^^.

There are various restrictions of this nature for PP A/C's without bank A/C's attached or the PP A/C are unverified or unconfirmed etc etc.

rsot 09-27-2012 03:49 AM

Dont cut corners so early.

Elijah 09-27-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 379606)
^^That is correct^^.

There are various restrictions of this nature for PP A/C's without bank A/C's attached or the PP A/C are unverified or unconfirmed etc etc.

Really? Name me one restriction that results from selling on an unverified account for certain. You simply don't get limited just because you sell over x amount on an unverified account! This is a myth that has spread, but it is simply not true. I'm not too sure about the US but in the UK, the only restrictions in comparison to a verified account are the lower sending/withdrawal limits. So if you can deal with that, you should have no problem.

Again... you will not be limited purely because you received x money into an unverified account. If you are limited it is simply a coincidence and the true reason would go deeper than that.

SUVE 09-28-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 379777)
Really? Name me one restriction that results from selling on an unverified account for certain. You simply don't get limited just because you sell over x amount on an unverified account! This is a myth that has spread, but it is simply not true. I'm not too sure about the US but in the UK, the only restrictions in comparison to a verified account are the lower sending/withdrawal limits. So if you can deal with that, you should have no problem.

Again... you will not be limited purely because you received x money into an unverified account. If you are limited it is simply a coincidence and the true reason would go deeper than that.

'limits to how much money you can withdraw or spend' is an example of such a restriction on an unverified PP A/C.

You've answered your own question...

yang77win 09-29-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 380185)
'limits to how much money you can withdraw or spend' is an example of such a restriction on an unverified PP A/C.

A better word to use is “penalized”. Will a unverified account get penalized if, one “sell over x amount on an unverified account”?

I don't know the answer?!?

The general consensus by the VIPs in this forum say, everyone should verify with a bank account by default.

Personally, I have not linked my bk account. This is me being cautious. But I have to make a decision soon, if I should or should not link a bk account to my pp acc.

Thanks

makaveliagain 09-30-2012 02:01 AM

If you do not link your bank account you can sell, but if you start moving too much you will be limited.

A buddy of mine did this. They eventually gave him a 30 day warning to add a bank account and he forgot about it.

The account was limited and he had to wait 180 days to get funds like any other standard US paypal limitation. This was in 2009 or 10 I believe, I highly doubt the policy has changed.

SUVE 09-30-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yang77win (Post 380429)
A better word to use is “penalized”. Will a unverified account get penalized if, one “sell over x amount on an unverified account”?

I don't know the answer?!?

The general consensus by the VIPs in this forum say, everyone should verify with a bank account by default.

Personally, I have not linked my bk account. This is me being cautious. But I have to make a decision soon, if I should or should not link a bk account to my pp acc.

Thanks

That is a moot point & academic at this point.

Most folks will have understood what was meant here within the context it is being discussed under.

Elijah 09-30-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 380185)

No, I haven't. Your post was in reply to makaveliagain talking about limitation resulting from receiving money with no bank attached. So I'm still waiting to hear what limitation exactly? The answer is that there simply isn't.

GreenBean 09-30-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 380516)
That is a moot point & academic at this point.

Most folks will have understood what was meant here within the context it is being discussed under.

Actually that is a contradiction of terms.

Moot can not be academic.

Academic can not be moot.

Their contexual description differs.

I have a distinct feeling the topic is in fact going rather far off course.

Suggestion was made in Post 3, we await further input from the OP. He, and none of us, know what he wants to do regarding using paypal to his best advantage.
:peace:

SUVE 09-30-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 380532)
No, I haven't. Your post was in reply to makaveliagain talking about limitation resulting from receiving money with no bank attached. So I'm still waiting to hear what limitation exactly? The answer is that there simply isn't.

Nope.....:doh:

--limitation resulting from receiving money with no bank attached---

No one said anything about a limitation resulting from an unverified PP A/C receiving funds. You came out with this rubbish. Don't be so stupid.

Go on, read it again & again for good measure.

Quote:

^^^You can sell upto a point on an unverified PP A/C^^^

Upto this point, PP will ask you to add a bank account to get the PP A/C verified whereby the lower limits will be lifted.

Elijah 09-30-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 380552)
Nope.....:doh:

--limitation resulting from receiving money with no bank attached---

No one said anything about a limitation resulting from an unverified PP A/C receiving funds. You came out with this rubbish. Don't be so stupid.

Go on, read it again & again for good measure.

^^^You can sell upto a point on an unverified PP A/C^^^

Upto this point, PP will ask you to add a bank account to get the PP A/C verified whereby the lower limits will be lifted.

Dude, are you serious? You think you can get away with saying things like that? First calling the other guy's point "academic" (belittling) and now saying "don't be so stupid" to me...

But yes, that was the topic. "If you sell more than a few hundred dollars worth of items Paypal will request you add a bank account otherwise they will limit your account." And you replied agreeing with him...

SUVE 09-30-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 380551)
Actually that is a contradiction of terms.

Moot can not be academic.

Academic can not be moot.

Their contexual description differs.

I have a distinct feeling the topic is in fact going rather far off course.

Suggestion was made in Post 3, we await further input from the OP. He, and none of us, know what he wants to do regarding using paypal to his best advantage.
:peace:

Now you are being pedantic. :nerd:

It is an oxymoron for sure.

SUVE 09-30-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 380553)
Dude, are you serious? You think you can get away with saying things like that? First calling the other guy's point "academic" (belittling) and now saying "don't be so stupid" to me...

But yes, that was the topic. "If you sell more than a few hundred dollars worth of items Paypal will request you add a bank account otherwise they will limit your account." And you replied agreeing with him...

The other guy is YOU. Don't try to twist it.

You misunderstood the post as you have done so a few times.

GreenBean 09-30-2012 09:48 AM

SUVE,

There are three players here right at this moment.

There is you

There is Elijah

There is me.

I posted to diffuse the situation. To tell me I am pedantic was conceited. When the English language I have studied for years is being brutalised, I do object. I made the comment with humour.

There is no need for this to go any further with your appearing to try to score brownie points.
The End

Elijah 09-30-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 380557)
The other guy is YOU. Don't try to twist it.

You misunderstood the post as you have done so a few times.

This makes no sense at all. You basically insulted yang and and me, and that is what I said. I am not twisting anything, so don't try to get yourself out of it (ironic that you tell me this when you just did it yourself). That is a fact.

You use big words and can't even use them right. Simple... it doesn't make you looks big or smart and neither do the insults and disgusting tone (for instance, "bringing up this rubbish", "being stupid" and last but not least, "go on and read it again and again for good measure") that you insist on. It's just really pathetic.