eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Who says seller's aren't snakes? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/5272-who-says-sellers-arent-snakes.html)

yoko07 06-19-2008 02:46 AM

Who says seller's aren't snakes?

I had a question about escalating a claim. I feel that a seller who I paid about $1500 to on eBay may be fraudulent. I believe he is trying to stall me until he can deposit all of his money into his account. So I took the necessary precautions, by starting a claim with Paypal. What I'm wondering is, if he was on day 2 or 3 of trying to deposit the money, is Paypal at this moment still able to stop the money from going into his bank account? Again, I could just be a paranoid little prick considering everything that I know hahaha. But just in case, I'd like to be ready. This guy doesn't know who he's dealing with...if indeed he is trying to swindle me. :o

daowen 06-19-2008 08:05 AM

When a person requests the money to be deposited into their account PayPal first takes two days to process the request (they look at the request, read it, roll dice to see if they should do it, then wait two days). Once they have processed it they start the deposit. In the US they send the deposit info to the bank and the money is done. If in Canada they hold the funds a while longer and then send the request to deposit the funds. All in all they can get the money back fast but remember one thing, if the person deposits the funds into their bank account, withdraws the money and PayPal tries to debit the account they get an NSF and you are not protected! PayPal does not eat their mistakes, you do.

Doug

yoko07 06-19-2008 12:30 PM

Thanks daowen, apparently PayPal managed to get the money just in time. He was angry haha. I gave him an ultimatum though, told him if he was planning to scam me that all I wanted was a refund and I wouldn't report him to eBay or PayPal. He refunded me saying he was "sorry" lol. Who says it doesn't pay to be a cynic? Now I'm in between a rock and a hard place, I did tell him I wouldn't report him but I don't want him to scam somebody else. What tipped me off most was that he was selling the same item to another eBayer, what to do.

sycore 06-19-2008 12:53 PM

As long as the withdraw to his bank account is only pending, paypal can reverse it. I got a new tip for you if you every do win a claim and their is no money in their account.
I recently brought an item, seller disappeared and did not deliver, filed claim and won, but got the usual paypal bullsh%t message, "we have found in your favor, but there is no money in his account" message. So I started a few ebay auctions under his name and had them send payment to his paypal address. Once they sent the money I got my refund, then I told the buyer to file under ebay insurance to get their money back.

godihatepaypal 06-19-2008 05:55 PM

did they get there money back? cause if they didnt then you just kinda ripped off other people to justify your mistakes lol

mjstallion 06-19-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daowen (Post 46176)
When a person requests the money to be deposited into their account PayPal first takes two days to process the request (they look at the request, read it, roll dice to see if they should do it, then wait two days). Once they have processed it they start the deposit. In the US they send the deposit info to the bank and the money is done. If in Canada they hold the funds a while longer and then send the request to deposit the funds. All in all they can get the money back fast but remember one thing, if the person deposits the funds into their bank account, withdraws the money and PayPal tries to debit the account they get an NSF and you are not protected! PayPal does not eat their mistakes, you do.

Doug

Wait a sec, on my old paypal account I sold some scammer a laptop and they filed a chargeback and won. So I quickly closed my linked bank account but whenever I log into that Paypal account, the balance is still -$700. So paypal definitely ate that mistake at least.

So at least in some instances, Paypal does eat their mistakes.

imjustme 06-20-2008 03:41 AM

PayPal does eat a lot of the refunds.

sycore 06-20-2008 07:18 PM

Yeah, i have stuck paypal with a few negative balances also. Yes, the buyer gets their money back from ebay's liability guarantee. I guess this guy didn't have anything link they could try to charge.

divine422 06-21-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycore (Post 46191)
\So I started a few ebay auctions under his name and had them send payment to his paypal address. Once they sent the money I got my refund, then I told the buyer to file under ebay insurance to get their money back.

wtf...you are just as bad as the person that ripped you off. what sense does that make?

ebay-sucks 06-21-2008 01:28 PM

Sometimes paybacks will come back to haunt you. I have seen and had them all in 13 years of ebay, I have learned to just live with the buyers and sellers who have issues and go on.
I know it is hard to deal with people sometimes but you just have to learn to spent more time making money then sitting trying to find way to pay someone back.
I got kicked off ebay for sending a threathening email which in my words was not a threat at all, but some freak at ebay saw it was a personal threat and I was gone, thousands of feedback, thousands in sales, top seller, everything gone for one little email telling someone who ripped me that I was coming to their house if I didnt get my product or my money.
Lesson learned, it cost me probably 100k in sales for a 1500.00 email.