eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   work from airport (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/53351-work-airport.html)

sdot10 11-22-2012 01:03 PM

work from airport

So I'm currently traveling for the holiday. I have a stealth account that had an auction ending on Sunday. Is it OK to log into my account from the airport or do you think that may raise some flags.

MM78 11-22-2012 01:07 PM

might be but god only knows how many people have used the wifi at the airport. For traveling and in general look into a USB Dongle.

oompaloompa 11-22-2012 02:48 PM

some thread said starbucks got them banned and everyone said do not do it, suppose airport is shared too, would not do it. in any case public wifi is not secure for your financial details....

css1 11-22-2012 03:11 PM

Last time I headed to Vegas I logged onto free wifi at the airport... 2 days later someone logged into my paypal and transferred money to another account.

I got the money back, but last time I login to public wifi.

Many reasons you should beware of public wifi.

bruckshut 11-23-2012 12:50 AM

if you had a trusty paid vpn normal browsing would be safe, butwould probably raise flags for ebay

but then if you had the setup airport->vpn->vps(ebay) that seems safe all around

dallasreed 11-23-2012 12:52 PM

I wouldn't risk getting on anyone elses internet but your own. Consider tethering your smartphone or some other sort of mobile internet if you are going to travel a lot.

A few years ago I remember logging in to PayPal at a relative's house and they locked my account shortly after. I had to call to confirm someone didn't steal my account since they geo-locate your IP and if it is too far from where you normally log in they lock your account for "security". A phone call got it unlocked, but I would avoid anything that causes any attention to my PayPal account.

hackteck 11-23-2012 09:14 PM

i think sometimes people are too paranoid imagine how many people go through the airport everyday you need to think like this isnt a stealth account and its actually yours do you think paypal/ebay ban every account that uses a public wifi at the airport? that would be silly i login to my paypal account when im traveling all the time

waterproof 11-23-2012 11:50 PM

I believe it has to be the IP too. I have had a couple to a few numbers off rom my original IP and ALL has been fine in the past, but go to far out of "their" comfort zone and you'll get flagged.

Anytime I take vacation, I always make sure 2 weeks in advance that ALL ebay/paypal business is taken care of and will NEVER log-in to ebay/paypal no matter where I am. I take my Netbook, for all other purposes and sites and business, but NEVER have logged into ebay/paypal simply because of such a scattered IP change.

Take no chances once you've gone stealth.

Good Luck!
waterproof =}-

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasreed (Post 395798)
I wouldn't risk getting on anyone elses internet but your own. Consider tethering your smartphone or some other sort of mobile internet if you are going to travel a lot.

A few years ago I remember logging in to PayPal at a relative's house and they locked my account shortly after. I had to call to confirm someone didn't steal my account since they geo-locate your IP and if it is too far from where you normally log in they lock your account for "security". A phone call got it unlocked, but I would avoid anything that causes any attention to my PayPal account.