eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal payment question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/53982-paypal-payment-question.html)

breakersfan69 12-09-2012 10:28 AM

Paypal payment question

I got suspended as a buyer because they said I was linked to another suspended user.
I had an old account that still works and I have been very careful so far about using it on a known ip address computer.
My paypal question is if I dont log into paypal and pay with the "debit"
option, can they still track me?
It will go to my home address which is on paypal and of course my real name.
Is it better to get a prepaid card and pay thru that and set up a mailboxes, etc mailing address than take the chance?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

GreenBean 12-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakersfan69 (Post 399823)
Is it better to get a prepaid card and pay thru that and set up a mailboxes, etc mailing address than take the chance?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

This is the ideal manner in which to use ebay/paypal after suspension.

Sadly, more & more & more, guest paypal transactions result in the accounts being limited.

Your first plan would not fly with paypal... you might expect a suspension as linked to an old account.

:pop2:

rsot 12-09-2012 09:09 PM

ANY use of old info from other pp accounts can link you....if you have used the debit info before, do not reuse.

JomJarr 12-28-2012 02:46 PM

Funny, I've never been suspended as a buyer yet use the same info my old suspended seller accounts in order to get things delivered to my real address.

Ok, I've made slight variations but still the same postcode and even telephone number yet never been stopped from buying only. Where PP has been necessary for purchases, I've paid as a guest using a fresh debit card. I've used that same card as guest accross a couple of buying accounts too although for some reason I still keep these buying accounts seperate cookie/IP wise, although they're obviously linked by payment method and address - it helps having more than one when a seller blocks people with one unpaid case in the last month as I can bid from the other if I got one.

xenix 12-28-2012 05:00 PM

Your slight variation might help you to still stay under radar, but two pp accounts of mine with same details got suspended, those were new accounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JomJarr (Post 405024)
Funny, I've never been suspended as a buyer yet use the same info my old suspended seller accounts in order to get things delivered to my real address.

Ok, I've made slight variations but still the same postcode and even telephone number yet never been stopped from buying only. Where PP has been necessary for purchases, I've paid as a guest using a fresh debit card. I've used that same card as guest accross a couple of buying accounts too although for some reason I still keep these buying accounts seperate cookie/IP wise, although they're obviously linked by payment method and address - it helps having more than one when a seller blocks people with one unpaid case in the last month as I can bid from the other if I got one.

Sandy D 12-29-2012 04:06 AM

Never use a single thing from a suspended account.

Nothing!

This is another reason I will never add multiple accounts to one pp.

1 for 1 for me, never an issue.

Always use completely different info and never sell the same item in the same manner.

New pictures, new description, font, price etc.

xenix 12-30-2012 06:02 AM

True. They have a very smart AI system that can catch even a small mistake we make. Day by day our job is getting harder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 405186)
Never use a single thing from a suspended account.

Nothing!

This is another reason I will never add multiple accounts to one pp.

1 for 1 for me, never an issue.

Always use completely different info and never sell the same item in the same manner.

New pictures, new description, font, price etc.

GreenBean 12-30-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenix (Post 405591)
True. They have a very smart AI system that can catch even a small mistake we make. Day by day our job is getting harder.

Provided we stick to trusted ways, it is possible to run quite OK with stealth.

I agree it is human error that causes the troubles.

:pout:

xenix 12-30-2012 10:43 AM

I'm sorry I didn't mean the stealth is hard. If you carefully follow the stealth guide and set up and maintain your accounts you are safe, but all the time my accounts got suspended because of my own careless mistakes.