eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Planning to Un-Stealth. Advice? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/55540-planning-un-stealth-advice.html)

TapTapper 01-18-2013 09:43 PM

Planning to Un-Stealth. Advice?

So it's been a bit over 3 years since I successfully went stealth. I haven't logged into my original (over 10 year old!!) acct since. My ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity has been trucking along just fine, no linking or mess. Doing business, doing everything I need to (other than getting mail).

My original problem with a criminal eBay buyer was for around $200. I walked away rather than pay PP and I'm glad I did! F them and that. As far as I know my old acct is still around -$200

I now would like to clear my old account so I can re-actvate my old linked eBay account and have a valid identity with them for various reasons. I would like to rejoin the pp/eb world as a Free Man. Woman. Person. Whatever. As myself. You know what I mean.

My stealth acct is in perfect standing so I assume I can just close it with no one the wiser.

I will never access my stealth acct from my home PC again. I will clear cookies, flash cookies, change IP, and log into my old pp acct all these years later.

So! Clear all cookies. I can change my IP in a month or so since I'm about to change ISPs, but for now IP will be the same. I have a VPN now: should I always use the VPN when connecting? From a close server or far away?

I'm opening a new bank account tomorrow to link to my old PP. I was planning to buy one of the prepaid PP cards from a drugstore to fund my old account and clear negative balance. Sound right?

Will this work? Funnily enough, now I don't want my STEALTH acct linked! That one is pristine and I want to protect it for emergencies.

I haven't bought the stealth book since 2 years ago. But i Think I know what to do.

Does PP track MAC addresses? If necessary I would install a new OS, or create separate users. I'd like to avoid the multiple accts on my own PC though if possible.

One new wrinkle that wasn't available before: I now have an Android tablet. I have never accessed PP or eb on it. Maybe I can use it as a 3rd stealth platform? From home or from somewhere else with wifi?

Anyway: any advice, nags, flames or comments will be much appreciated

And good luck to all of the rest of you! Hang in there: it CAN be done! Go Stealth and be free! The advice and market purchases I made here were 100% reliable and useful. I will always be grateful that I found this forum.

-Tap

GreenBean 01-18-2013 10:12 PM

Take a deep breath quickly.

DO NOTHING with a bank account until you get all the replies.

On a quick perusal, your expectations are not going to be met.

There's a nasty factor, paypal.

Please wait for taking any further action.
:peace:

TapTapper 01-19-2013 04:28 PM

Thank you! I'll wait for advice before I take the plunge. One other thing: I haven't accessed my old eb acct since I went stealth, and certainly never accessed it on this PC

TapTapper 01-19-2013 08:23 PM

So, I was on a friend's PC and they've never had a pp or eb acct or logged into them. I tried to log into my old accts and they don't exist anymore. Even recover password with the email I used for them didn't work. I cleaned cookies and cache from their PC before I left.

It looks like I don't have any accts to reactivate. bummer to start from scratch when I've had those accts since the '90s. Anyone know if they really scrubbed me? I assume that if I start over at some point they'll link/feeeze me even though I can't access the old accts.

I haven't tried to get into them from home so my PC is still clean

Sandy D 01-20-2013 12:56 AM

And do not get upset if they do not allow you to have your account back.

Eb is sometimes extremely harsh on unpaid fees etc and many paid and got all the promised from ebay and once they paid etc no account came back.

Be prepared and of course listen to GB as they simply cannot be trusted for their word.

TapTapper 01-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 412246)
And do not get upset if they do not allow you to have your account back.

Eb is sometimes extremely harsh on unpaid fees etc and many paid and got all the promised from ebay and once they paid etc no account came back.

Be prepared and of course listen to GB as they simply cannot be trusted for their word.

Well, that's the worst part of it: eb agreed with me. The buyer complained, eb said my sale was "as described" and I won. THEN she opened a pp dispute and they refunded her. I told them it made no sense: they are the same company. pp said "nuh uh we're not". End of story. eb said I was right and pp ruled in her favor, so my eb account was fine when I left.

GreenBean 02-05-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TapTapper (Post 412465)
Well, that's the worst part of it: eb agreed with me. The buyer complained, eb said my sale was "as described" and I won. THEN she opened a pp dispute and they refunded her. I told them it made no sense: they are the same company. pp said "nuh uh we're not". End of story. eb said I was right and pp ruled in her favor, so my eb account was fine when I left.

WHAT??????????????

I do not believe this.

When did this happen?

:shocked:

boost 02-05-2013 11:00 PM

No freaking way! How can a PP case be opened after it was already resolved with EB? That makes no sense whatsoever and PP should've checked that a case had already been opened and closed.

GreenBean 02-05-2013 11:01 PM

Shocked me as well.

It's UBER naffin' serious if this is true, ffs.

:mad:

r00tk3y 02-06-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boost (Post 418118)
No freaking way! How can a PP case be opened after it was already resolved with EB? That makes no sense whatsoever and PP should've checked that a case had already been opened and closed.

Because PayPal is an Ebay company, there not one entity. So if the case was closed by ebay, (from what i am understanding) couldn't a dispute still be filed on ebay? Makes sense.

And to answer

"Does PP track MAC addresses?"

No PayPal has no way of tracking your MAC address, I am a programmer, and you can believe me. Flash VM currently doesn't allow API to track the MAC id.