eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How To Avoid PayPal Disputes and Chargebacks? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/55610-how-avoid-paypal-disputes-chargebacks.html)

Goodfella22 01-21-2013 02:56 AM

How To Avoid PayPal Disputes and Chargebacks?

I'm going to be selling virtual and digital goods on my site, however I don't want people to file unauthorized claims which are very easy to lose and I will end up losing money. I was thinking I could accept personal payments since I believe those cannot be disputed. You may wonder why?, well what I'm selling tends to attract lots of scammers so I want to keep them out and provide service to legitimate customers only

So should I accept gift, or payment owed payments from paypal or would the buyer still be able to rip me off??

Futuremogul888 01-21-2013 03:12 AM

Anything involving a credit card or bank account is a potential chargeback. It is the law in most countries that all financial institutions have a dispute process in place. While I do believe that paypal will let you dispute any transaction, it is not only paypal that you have to worry about. The only way around it would be to accept only payments that have nothing to do with banks like green dot money packs, western union, etc.

TowelKing 01-21-2013 07:27 AM

It is much easier to see if someone is scamming you
on ebay, but here are some tips:

You need to use the business email or hosting email like yourmail@domain.com - on these email you can check the IP of who sent you an email.

- Don't send the virtual items right after payment.

- Try to verify the buyer's identity with a cell phone number, it's hard to get a virtual cell phone number and scammers usually won't be able to do that.

On eBay it's very easy to track scammers, you just look at the buying history and the paypal payment - if something seems off I will usually cancel the transaction, on ebay I also limited the buying quantity of my virtual items to 1 per person and I only sell more to buyers I can trust.

biggesmalls 01-24-2013 12:28 PM

Buy a load of cheap usb memory sticks wholesale.Put the virtual goods onto the usb and post them to the buyers.

Roscoe 01-24-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella22 (Post 412655)
I'm going to be selling virtual and digital goods on my site, however I don't want people to file unauthorized claims which are very easy to lose and I will end up losing money.

I was thinking I could accept personal payments since I believe those cannot be disputed.

You may wonder why?, well what I'm selling tends to attract lots of scammers so I want to keep them out and provide service to legitimate customers only

So should I accept gift, or payment owed payments from paypal or would the buyer still be able to rip me off??

First time I've seen that statement? :noidea:

dangerdog 01-24-2013 11:32 PM

I am sorry to say client can use any form of payment paypal or bank deposit or any other way . THEY can still open disputes via ebay resolution center . I recently got done with this crap.

Elijah 01-25-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerdog (Post 414129)
I am sorry to say client can use any form of payment paypal or bank deposit or any other way . THEY can still open disputes via ebay resolution center . I recently got done with this crap.

But they didn't get their money back did they? I would assume that eBay can only refund PayPal payments.

Hercules 01-25-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella22 (Post 412655)
I'm going to be selling virtual and digital goods on my site, however I don't want people to file unauthorized claims which are very easy to lose and I will end up losing money. I was thinking I could accept personal payments since I believe those cannot be disputed. You may wonder why?, well what I'm selling tends to attract lots of scammers so I want to keep them out and provide service to legitimate customers only

Try Popmoney. Seems like all the major banks are using them. I used them for quick transfers between my banks.

biggesmalls 01-25-2013 10:15 AM

Buyers arn't going to go to a random website and send paypal payments as gifts and send bank transfers as they will think your going to scam them.

Thats why buyers use and like paypal because they don't have to give there details out.

You won't sell a thing that way.