eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal: 'Aggressive changes' coming to frozen funds policy (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/55668-paypal-aggressive-changes-coming-frozen-funds-policy.html)

user3657 01-22-2013 08:08 AM

PayPal: 'Aggressive changes' coming to frozen funds policy

crow 01-22-2013 08:10 AM

Yes I saw, this is great news, they are finally realizing they need to change to compete with all the new options out there.

Ukdirect 01-22-2013 08:16 AM

It would be great if they did make things clearer, but I don't know if they will make things any easier.

The biggest issue they have is all the customer service staff believe you are guilty until proven innocent, I can't see how this will never change.

smokescreen 01-22-2013 09:42 AM

I think that it wont get worse based on this information, maybe it will get better, but I will believe it when I see it

Sandy D 01-22-2013 10:10 AM

There is another post about this on the same topic.

If you believe pp is going to make is easier then you are buying their ⊗⊗⊗⊗ story line big time.

They need to change their image as being nasty, mean thieves. What better way to do this then come up with some marketing scam to make people believe they want to do better, be more helpful and easier.

Like others I would have to see it before I would believe it.

NoneOther 01-22-2013 10:45 AM

You can bet your boots that this is not about helping you get your cash from a limited account any sooner or easier than you can now.

This is an exercise in PR and how they make their "rules" more transparent and comprehensible to those customers that are effected.

NoneOther 01-22-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crow (Post 413116)
Yes I saw, this is great news, they are finally realizing they need to change to compete with all the new options out there.

They will never change as they are not actually competing with anyone in their main market i.e. e/b

They have brainwashed and in some countries actually forced every e/b buyer into using p/p to the extent that other payment options go largely ignored.

imjustme 01-23-2013 04:13 PM

The changes might be that they will ask you to submit ID documents BEFORE they even let you open a PayPal account. Or ask for the documents BEFORE you can even withdraw, so that you may not be limited once you do. Who knows.

zoneout 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

Sounds like they are same like... a bank?

Elijah 01-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 413632)
The changes might be that they will ask you to submit ID documents BEFORE they even let you open a PayPal account. Or ask for the documents BEFORE you can even withdraw, so that you may not be limited once you do. Who knows.

I don't see that happening. That would be way too much work for PayPal.

Even though it seems that they limit accounts left and right, remember that it's still only an incredibly tiny minority of users that ever have to deal with limitations. So I really don't see them making such a major change for something that they see to affect only relatively few people.

AuctionsDenied 01-23-2013 08:56 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 413149)
You can bet your boots that this is not about helping you get your cash from a limited account any sooner or easier than you can now.

This is an exercise in PR and how they make their "rules" more transparent and comprehensible to those customers that are effected.

jak 02-01-2013 12:33 AM

When Alipay (controlled by jack ma) is breathing down Paypal back, and Paypal International Headquarters are based in Singapore, which they want a strong position in south east asia. Of course they have to change. In the west we have Amazon, which is a great competitor with ebay. But when alipay and taobao starts to set up in the western nations then we shall see great changes in both ebay and paypal. Remember alipay does 8 million transactions each day, this is far more than paypal.

chinadaily*com*cn/business/2010-11/24/content_11600336.htm
global*alipay*com/faq/mainquestions.htm

Sandy D 02-01-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 413153)
They will never change as they are not actually competing with anyone in their main market i.e. e/b

They have brainwashed and in some countries actually forced every e/b buyer into using p/p to the extent that other payment options go largely ignored.

They do a huge business outside of eb and they are losing tons of business to new competitors such as Square and others. They cannot stand that are need to pull a PR stunt to get back some of the business they have for being such a-holes to everyone.

rockitaway 02-01-2013 10:32 PM

"Hogcock! Which is a combination of hogwash and poppycock." Jack Donaghy

AmazonStealth 02-02-2013 12:02 AM

I will believe all this when I see it......

Roscoe 02-02-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 413632)

I'd be really surprised if they do that, PayPal themselves told me it was too costly to implement.

A year ago I had my PP Limited. PP screamed for documents before any release of funds.

I replied, "why don't you ask for documents UPfront when I applied? After all, this is a Business Account that I "clicked on" PP site that I would be doing thousands of dollars per month in transcations.

PP reply, "Sorry Sir, do you know the Time, Effort, and Cost involved if we Verified every single account that was opened?" :noidea:

Not gonna happen.

GhostWhoWalks 02-02-2013 04:14 AM

I remember years ago one person had a problem with PP like that, and the person got a lawyer, and they had sent in documents to take PP to court for keeping someones money for 180 days. As soon as PP got the note from the lawyer, they released it within hours.

baloch 02-02-2013 02:44 PM

well there is no easy way for them to manage the high risk transfers.
Upfront verification costs too much.
limited amount of personnel to achieve faster appeal process.

The only way i think it could work is if they made a account category for people selling and buying on ebay so verification in one will verify the other.

Other accounts can have limits introduced to how many and how large transactions are processed.

But from my view right now. Everything is good as I am used to the changes. Any new ones and I would have to adapt again.

moneyhustler88 02-03-2013 08:45 PM

Hmm very interesting thread and feedback..but what if they were too now ask for UK National insurance numbers on accounts..i'm sure that could f things up right?

random_user 02-04-2013 01:11 AM

I don't know if it's related to this discussion, but when I set up a pp account today some of the screens had changed and it has more of a wizard type layout with large icons and seemed like some options are gone. I was still able to sign up, but it was a little confusing.

imjustme 02-04-2013 02:15 AM

Maybe we will soon see limits for PayPal accounts.

"You can receive $10 this month or 1 payment, whichever comes first. Come back next month to see if you can receive more!"

Roscoe 02-04-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by random_user (Post 417329)
I don't know if it's related to this discussion, but when I set up a pp account today some of the screens had changed and it has more of a wizard type layout with large icons and seemed like some options are gone. I was still able to sign up, but it was a little confusing.

I'm making a few more Stealths later today, I'll post results.